Positives from tonight

Brutal game to watch. Pitch was awful also.

Not too many pass marks for any in our shirt but thankfully St J were dire so we got away with it.

Three points and a clean sheet are the obvious positives but we could throw in there the fact that we did put an end to that terrible run of away games without a win.

I honestly wish the club would refrain from taking up an allocation of tickets for the next away match.
90 minutes of sectarian bile against ST JOHNSTONE. Singing the Billy boys at full volume despite pleas from the club a couple of years ago that it is never sung again. Arseholes.
Completely agree mate. 'That'll show the board!'. Eh? 90 mins of anti catholic songs while our predominately catholic team try and get us 3pts in a title battle.

Its so unbelievably embarrassing. Those who enjoy singing these songs are no friends to the club. They are driven by hatred as opposed to love for the Team. How else can they justify doing something that damages us. Madness.

I was actually quite happy with our defensive performance for the most part, Tav was actually even playing like a captain for large portions of the game, he was filling in a bunch of Ryan Jack's usual responsibilities too

The lack of subs is a strange one, but I wonder if Gio questioned the team with something like "go, show me you can hold onto a lead", hence the no subs and he did it to condition the team, just a guess but you could see our team working their socks off to protect that lead

Also I think Aribo might be gradually finding that early-season form again, his one touch shot was class and a lot of his touches and especially defensive work was excellent. He's a far cry now from the player who arrived 3 years ago

won ugly

we've played 1000 times better this season and left with a point
but that sort of performance is unsustainable

Completely agree mate. 'That'll show the board!'. Eh? 90 mins of anti catholic songs while our predominately catholic team try and get us 3pts in a title battle.

Its so unbelievably embarrassing. Those who enjoy singing these songs are no friends to the club. They are driven by hatred as opposed to love for the Team. How else can they justify doing something that damages us. Madness.
There was a thread on it last night. Almost everyone condemning it. Why it's been chopped I don't know. I thought it was the other lot that tried to cover things up

You know what else is embarrassing? Getting your knickers in a twist online over it
Being frustrated at wee bams and older bigots dragging the club I love into the gutter is embarrassing?

If that's the case then paint my neck red.

I can imagine you were perfectly calm when our players, like Kamara, were targetted with racist chanting at games. After all, you wouldnt want to get your knickers in a twist online about it....

There was a thread on it last night. Almost everyone condemning it. Why it's been chopped I don't know. I thought it was the other lot that tried to cover things up
I noticed that too mate. Few threads on here get almost universal agreement and few are for the betterment of the club. To chop it while there is still a thread about songs that were 'brilliant;' in the 'good old days' is backwards nonsense.

I actually thought, given his dreadful ability, that Collum had one of his better games.
Thought Collum was awful. He had few major calls but the save he called as a goal kick was awful and made a wrong call on a corner at the other end 2 mins later.
Still you are probably right, that was one of his better matches

3 points and hopefully no injures - honestly that's about it.

its one of the worst games of football i have watched in a long time and i don't think we ever really had control of the game - but scorecards don't have pictures and its 3 points.

hopefully same end result on Saturday but with a better performance.

I was out last night and only caught the last 15 mins.

There was only 2 mins added time.

Collum blew for full time bang on 92mins.

It's not all doom and gloom.

There has been deserved criticism of the manager and players in recent weeks but last night was textbook championship run-in stuff.

Off a run of dropping points away from home we went into a match with a few injuries having to be covered, got a victory, came away with no further injuries and maintained our position.
You aren’t going to get flowing football on a night like that - it’s all about the points.

I criticised the manager’s waffling in interviews last week… his “take the 3 points and get home” summary last night was a spot-on.

Last edited:
It was that bad I turned it off as soon as the whistle blew

My eyes couldn’t bare to watch any highlights

Odd match: the cold hard facts are that we won, they didn’t create anything, if we take our good chances it’s a comfortable win on the outside.

If you look under the hood however….the defence is an accident waiting to happen and the midfield was missing in the first half.

Again for the fourth season running THE PLAYERS DONT FIT THIS SYSTEM DOMESTICALLY

Of course there were positives from last night
3 points being one
Morelos & Basseys performances being another
Limited the opposition to virtually no opportunities in the entire game
Totally controlled the 2nd half in what was a shocking pitch

Negatives for me is that again we missed 3 good chances that if taken we would have been watching an entirely different game as there wouldn’t have been the same worry of only having the 1 goal lead, especially Arfields 2 chances.
GvBs lack of substitutions is worrying

Back