Positivity from the top needed from Stevie

simplythebest

For me positively breeds positively and comes from the top. Listening to Lennon this evening he is raving about his team. Do we need to create a bit more positivity from Stevie to help the team?

What you look for you find....

Lennon’s team have won just about every game in about the last 18 except when we fucked them, right? I can see why he’s positive about his team.

If Gerrard was positive about this side we’d see right through it. We’ve been gash all of 2020.

Easier to be positive when your team just won to put you 13 points ahead (at the time).

Gerrard is positive when the players have earned it.

For me positively breeds positively and comes from the top. Listening to Lennon this evening he is raving about his team. Do we need to create a bit more positivity from Stevie to help the team?

I'd imagine the managers whose team is delivering for him on the park will be much more positive. Behind the scenes Gerrard and his team will be encouraging his players and trying to get them in the correct frame of mind to find their form again. Like us he will be annoyed as he knows what they are capable of.

He's raving about his team because they're constantly winning and winning easily.
We are far from it.

I don't think you could honestly rave about our performance today. I feel he gives praise when it's due.

I get where you're coming from, but we've dropped 8 points since returning from the winter break. If Gerrard came out with anything too positive in those circumstances, the support would have a collective aneurysm and there would be fans/pundits claiming he'd lost the plot

He was positive about our performance today, taking into consideration the conditions and shit refereeing!

Gerrard doesn't help himself at times. His demeanour on the touchline is depressing and watching him slumped in his seat isn't exactly filling people with confidence.

I think he could be a bit more positive out there. The man that leads his club (Liverpool) is one of the most positive and animated managers going and is constantly offering advice, coaching and praising.

I believe you earn the right for positive remarks.
Anyone can see we have been honking 2020 no positives from me unfortunately. Wins and just

No offence here mate but did you really want Gerrard to come out and be super positive when we've slipped to being 10 points behind Celtic in the league?

If we play well then I'm sure he'll be the first to say so but you're basically asking him to lie to us and treat us like we don't have eyes.

At least he's honest.

Gerrard doesn't help himself at times. His demeanour on the touchline is depressing and watching him slumped in his seat isn't exactly filling people with confidence.

I think he could be a bit more positive out there. The man that leads his club (Liverpool) is one of the most positive and animated managers going and is constantly offering advice, coaching and praising.

Spot on mate. That’s exactly my point!

Back