Positivity !!

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
1. This run has made us at least £7m
2. This run has been better for the players than 1,000 games against SPL teams
3. We see where we need to be, especially in terms of facing a press and staying calm
4. Tonight's game superb friendly in many ways, great work out against great team
5. Helander looks very good

Yes we have issues but I had a mug of coffee today from my official mug featuring Little, Sandaza and the like!!! We're heading somewhere less depressing than where we've been.

3. We see where we need to be, especially in terms of facing a press and staying calm
4. Tonight's game superb friendly in many ways, great work out against great team

Yes we have issues but I had a mug of coffee today from my official mug featuring Little, Sandaza and the like!!! We're heading somewhere less depressing than where we've been.
I'd imagine it made us much more than 7 million, is that not the money you get purely for making the group's?

Been a terrific run, the highlight of the season.
However tonight showed up our weaknesses. Poor kicking from Mcgregor, Tavs defending and a slow ponderous midfield.

I agree with all that except point 2. We need a league trophy and we could play Leverkusen and Braga a million times, it won't prepare us for what we have to beat against St Mirren or Livingston. Totally different games and it's the SPFL games we sometimes struggle with.
I mean in terms of observing pressing, watching players with confidence in their ability, and testing themselves against £90m players

Hate to say it but defeat will make us stronger.

We need more in that midfield to get where we want to be.
I agree, look at Leverkusen's midfield two grafters in front of a back three and the rest press and harry.
Totally swamped us in the middle, was good to watch in all honesty.

We need more in that midfield to get where we want to be.
We want to be champions league knock-out stages. However, short-term we desperately want the league.
I’m not convinced we do need more in midfield to win this league, I’d take another dynamic CM but genuinely don’t feel it will make or break our season.

All true, but I liked Little!

Some folks need to remember where we once were.
Tonight was a poor performance but not the worst.
We played a very good Bayer side.

Been a terrific run, the highlight of the season.
However tonight showed up our weaknesses. Poor kicking from Mcgregor, Tavs defending and a slow ponderous midfield.

Yessssssss on yoursel mate, that's the game!!!!!!!

It was a top class team. It's hard to be gutted about losing.

I quite agree, was a bit of a dead rubber that felt more part of our pre-season. I just feel that Aribo apart who looks a different player this season, we are lacking something in central midfield especially when we inevitably fall into our old habits breaking stuffy sides down. I expect a signing to be made but we need to get it right.

Apologies for the negativity!

I don't think we gave this game our total 100% commitment, I believe our priority was basic competing, avoiding injuries, and if possible grabbing a goal.

A good run out against a top quality team, in a game which was totally surreal.

We have a very good team, obviously nowhere near the top teams in the big Euro leagues, but still a team that has good potential and a solid foundation to grow from.

Not to dampen the positivity oozing from this thread, I agree with the first reply. This is a statement of fact that we need more in the middle.

the good thing about tonight was the fact that we didn’t get schooled the way some or most felt we would. We played far better when hagi came on and I’ve told everyone and anyone who will listen that this little guy is the jewel in the crown, a truly wonderful little player who has the ability to change games for us. Tonight he didn’t do a great deal on the ball but his movement and positioning allowed aribo to venture forward a bit more and allowed him to showcase his attacking skills.
Tonight was a great lesson for us because we have the qualifiers soon, and this level of opposition can only be a good thing for us going forward.

i have a feeling Europe is going to be very kind to us again this season, we have a level in Europe but we can absolutely step it up if the right improvements come in.

Ah well that’s it then , who’s been stabbed :D
Qualification to group stage - £2.5m

Two group stage wins (Porto, Feynoord) and three draws (Young Boys, Feynoord, Porto) - £1.5m

Qualification to last 32 - £875,000 (including runner up bonus)

Two last 32 wins over Braga - £1m

Qualification to last 16 - £965,000

Total: - £6.8m

Copy n paste but still does the job :D

Two group stage wins (Porto, Feynoord) and three draws (Young Boys, Feynoord, Porto) - £1.5m

Still better in our pocket ;)

It was a great run in the competition. I’ve seen far stronger Rangers squads do a lot worse.

We were never going to turn that tie around last night so not going to complain about losing 1-0 in Germany.

Great run out for Helander. Looks like a lot of the negative rumours about him recently weren’t true.

Mental the negativity from a 1-0 loss away to a very good Leverkusen. They have players worth more than our squad combined. I am positive in that we have gotten so far, done ourselves proud, made some good cash. Was a couple players tonight who can feel let down by other team mates but we move on to Sunday (without sounding MW-esque)

Take it that’s just prize money from UEFA? Add on 5 sellout home games for group and knockout and TV money. How much would that be?

Absolutely spot on.

F.uck me, a positive thread ruined by negativity.

Anyone would think we just got put out a cup by Ayr United ffs.

Back