Positivity !!

Take it that’s just prize money from UEFA? Add on 5 sellout home games for group and knockout and TV money. How much would that be?
It's hard to work out net profit as we have expenses, but...gate money must have been at least £8m

I quite agree, was a bit of a dead rubber that felt more part of our pre-season. I just feel that Aribo apart who looks a different player this season, we are lacking something in central midfield especially when we inevitably fall into our old habits breaking stuffy sides down. I expect a signing to be made but we need to get it right.

Apologies for the negativity!

We badly need a box to box midfielder, someone with drive and energy as well as any eye for goal. Our midfield are ponderous, almost slow a game to walking pace with the amount of safe and sideways passing they do.

Mental the negativity from a 1-0 loss away to a very good Leverkusen. They have players worth more than our squad combined. I am positive in that we have gotten so far, done ourselves proud, made some good cash. Was a couple players tonight who can feel let down by other team mates but we move on to Sunday (without sounding MW-esque)
Agree. Add in Roofe, Itten and Hagi for Alfie, Barker and probably Davis and we would have competed with Leverkusen. That's now the level we are at.
Could we have imagined that 2 years ago?

Been a good run in Europe, stood no chance against this team, just too much quality for us to handle, which is fair considering how much the Leverkusen squad is probably worth.

Qualification to group stage - £2.5m

Two group stage wins (Porto, Feynoord) and three draws (Young Boys, Feynoord, Porto) - £1.5m

Qualification to last 32 - £875,000 (including runner up bonus)

Two last 32 wins over Braga - £1m

Qualification to last 16 - £965,000

Total: - £6.8m

Copy n paste but still does the job :D
We also get the majority of the coefficient pot from this season which is an extra £1m.

We were playing against a top top side tonight.
We were playing a decent German team tonight but we made them look a top side. I thought our captain was awful and was to blame for the goal, tav is a lovely guy but big Connor, or someone else should be our team captain not a bottle merchant, as much as I hate the Lego muncher he doesn’t let them down as much.

We need more in that midfield to get where we want to be.

Zzzzzzzz.

Where we want to be and where we realistically can be aee 2 different things entirely.

Leverkusen spent £86m last season alone. You're off your nut if you think we can build a midfield (or team) capable of challenging that.

1. This run has made us at least £7m
2. This run has been better for the players than 1,000 games against SPL teams
3. We see where we need to be, especially in terms of facing a press and staying calm
4. Tonight's game superb friendly in many ways, great work out against great team
5. Helander looks very good

Yes we have issues but I had a mug of coffee today from my official mug featuring Little, Sandaza and the like!!! We're heading somewhere less depressing than where we've been.

Plus we get a share of the gate receipts in cup competitions.

its been amazing,what an adventure ,was over in feynoord .met a cracking bunch of lads

some of our goals and overall play has been a joy

the celebration i had with my 2 young sons after that HAGI free kick,will live with me for years ,that and morelos goal at Ibrox v porto wow ,amazing celebrations

Bayer Leverkusen, 5th best team in the Bundesliga. That's food for thought. Great team and they hadn't played for a month! I always thought that they could have moved up a gear tonight if needed. Their closing down and finding each other with slick passing was second to none. Inter Milan are in for a game in the next round.

That said, they are certainly the best team we have come up against in our superb Europa League run. To get as far as we did from the preliminary round has been a great achievement. Not sure if that in itself is a record? Anyway now for extrapolating that Europa League experience and performances in the SPL in the next ten months for #55.

Qualification to group stage - £2.5m

Two group stage wins (Porto, Feynoord) and three draws (Young Boys, Feynoord, Porto) - £1.5m

Qualification to last 32 - £875,000 (including runner up bonus)

Two last 32 wins over Braga - £1m

Qualification to last 16 - £965,000

Total: - £6.8m

Copy n paste but still does the job :D
Add gate receipts, hospitality, coefficient money ect and that's a tidy wee sum.

We have played some friendly games results don’t mater about getting fit and one serious game . This game was never going to be anything else but a dead rubber.
Been a great run in Europe sometimes punching above our weight. Look forward to Sunday and getting into the league games in a must win season.
Onward and upwards. WATP.

It’ll be close to twenty million in revenue from the Europa league in my opinion. We picked up 14.3 million in European revenue from the season before and this time around played two additional home games with additional prize money, additional gate receipts, etc.

Well done for a positive post Earl, but as usual on FF some posters just can’t keep their negative opinions for the many negative threads available. :rolleyes:

Totally agree, the European run has been a fantastic achievement and our name is firmly back on the footballing map.

Better teams than us will get schooled by Leverkusen as they are a top team.

Back