Possibility of Scum in last 16

I know it’s only tongue in cheek stuff people saying we go to Braga and win , but just to keep it real -

How many away wins have we had in Europe under Gerrard ? 3 out of 14 games , all in qualifiers - Mitjalland, St Joseph’s, Osijek .

How good are Braga in comparison to any team we have played in the past two years ? Certainly on par with Porto .

How much will we miss Alfie leading the line on Wednesday and giving their whole defence something to worry about ?

The last 25 mins aside , how bad is our form currently ?

As delighted as we are with our comeback and the grit shown by our players , even on top form with Alfie on fire we do not win many away in Europe - it’s a tad silly and irresponsible to suggest we will stroll into Braga and win the match .

If we play to our best and Braga have an off night we could get the draw that sees us through . That’s reality .

Yes, no surrender indeed.

We have won 3 away games out of 14 away from home in Europe under Gerrard . But people think we just go to Braga , minus Alfie and playing poorly , and win ?

What goes through peoples minds ?
I'm sure I read somewhere that in the 14 away ties we've only twice suffered a result that would see us knocked out. We're a very good team in europe so its certainly not beyond us to win though I think a draw is more likely

If it happened I would imagine both clubs (and the police) would be happy with no away fans at either game. A chance to completely sell out all seats with no segregation to worry about.

It would be glorious. The original 'gold dust brief' and we'd be favourites for a last 8 berth.

Watch this, we will draw them in the next round then FARE will appear and try for a stadium ban for us

They've been quiet since that tweet incident....

Reactions: wpj
“If” it was to happen would it be a case of a general old firm and meet in your own bars/supporters clubs etc. Or would fans take over say George square for a day like we do on a “proper” European away day?

Not sure how they'd even begin to try and organise fans getting over there. Every single flight leaving Scotland would be mixed and end up getting diverted. The airport would be a war zone.
To quote Winston Churchill:
“whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.”

Even if they get through (which being realistic they probably will) its a 6% chance we draw them.

Always a chance but don't think it'll happen, that said I don't want them anyway. Hope they draw inter and go out and we keep moving on.

The less pressure on our guys to keep going the better.

Correct .

We are all buzzing from that comeback last night and rightly so , but without alfie in Braga against that level of opposition we probably have no more than a 10% chance of going through . Braga could win the tournament IMO
That was my opinion last week when they were in complete control for an hour at Ibrox. But we showed that we have something about us in this campaign by beating them home and away. By that reckoning, and although it’s a very big ask, we can win this tournament.

That was my opinion last week when they were in complete control for an hour at Ibrox. But we showed that we have something about us in this campaign by beating them home and away. By that reckoning, and although it’s a very big ask, we can win this tournament.
Great result & performance but there are plenty teams still in it who will take advantage of us continually giving the ball away, especially 1st half. I think we gave it away 6 times in the first 5 minutes tonight. Its impossible to win a European trophy if you give the ball away too easily.

I'll go against the flow and would rather get a glamour tie of Man U or Arsenal. We will be playing the mentally challengeds the Sunday before the 1st leg of the last 16. Would be sick of the sight of the manky khunts.

I hope we don't get them. It's Europe. Let's get something different rather than playing them for the 6th and 7th time.

Back