Possible friendly at Anfield

Not a chance Sturgeon is allowing thousands of us to travel down there.

Tell her its a "charity lunch". TLB had no problems when he went to Carlisle and got blitzed during lockdown. Not a word said by anyone including SNP and Police Scotland.

They've started work on converting this to an even bigger stand. Ive just walked past it and the road's closed off. They've taken the upper rear roof down though I dont know if this has affected the interior. Hard to say from the outside.
I maybe wrong here, but I thought they'd asked for permission to increase the capacity of the Annie to 15-16,000 but had only recently put the building application into the Council. That said, the Central Government has taken over everything to do with construction in the city due to, ahem, problems.

Maybe they're just tarting it up a bit pre-season?

That would be a brilliant day out down liverpool.

I’m not sure we have played liverpool at anfield before, have we? I’m probably wrong but I don’t ever remember playing them down there. I do mind the friendly at Ibrox in 2012 and 2008 but I don’t ever remember us being at anfield?

That would be one hell of a friendly but would be better waiting until all restrictions are eased and make the most of it

I maybe wrong here, but I thought they'd asked for permission to increase the capacity of the Annie to 15-16,000 but had only recently put the building application into the Council. That said, the Central Government has taken over everything to do with construction in the city due to, ahem, problems.

Apparently wanted to extend up and backwards and have the road running underneath it. Live West Lancs and one of my best mates has ST's so defo be there. We'd drown out the Kop with the Anny Road end full of bears....would love it to happen.
WATP

The Away End is the Anfield Road Stand (next to Stanley Park). At the moment, I think it's 8,500 capacity.
The Copland and Broomloan only hold 7,500 and the Anfield Road stand doesn’t look anywhere near the size of them.

The Copland and Broomloan only hold 7,500 and the Anfield Road stand doesn’t look anywhere near the size of them.
There are quite a few seats out of sight at the back of the Lower Tier. I know they gave Everton just over 8,000 tickets for an FAC tie a few years ago.

It's really not the best stand for viewing a game though.

That would be a brilliant day out down liverpool.

I’m not sure we have played liverpool at anfield before, have we? I’m probably wrong but I don’t ever remember playing them down there. I do mind the friendly at Ibrox in 2012 and 2008 but I don’t ever remember us being at anfield?
I remember the 2008 game.
Gerrard and Torres i think walked round Ibrox applauding after humping us.
Class.
For some reason i remember it was the first time i seen Bougherra.

In what way would it be like Manchester all over again.
For a start, this is a pre season friendly. Manchester 2008 was the final of a European competition, with Bears travelling from all around the world to congregate in the city.
Lighten up ffs.

Would be delighted for such a game to go ahead but would want to be the red. Don't see how Eva Braun could legally stop us from attending

It’s not. Until the new stand went up Anfield never looked much bigger than Firhill! Always wondered how tightly packed in they must be. Our stands behind the goals dwarf the Anfield Rd end.

After the renovation work it will take it up to 16 k on that stand with 7000 being added onto it. As it stands roughly around 9k

Would be delighted for such a game to go ahead but would want to be the red. Don't see how Eva Braun could legally stop us from attending
She can because she makes the rules. Travel is only banned to a small number of areas but she seems to be doing her best to stop me going to Accy games :D

The current travel restrictions between Scotland (except any areas in Level 3 or Level 4) and the CTA are as follows:

I dont know to be honest but some work has taken place to the roof at the rear of the 'away' stand on Anfield Road. I know the plans were altered to keep Anfield Road as a public road as opposed to it being blocked off. The road is closed off at the moment and Im assuming its in preparation for building works to commence.

Double post.

Last edited:
If this was to go ahead there would be no tickets for away supporters, Merseyside Police wouldn’t want thousands of Bears descending.
We were supposed to have a pre season friendly down at Maine Road in the late 80's and Greater Manchester Police objected to our fans coming down so the game was cancelled.

What an amazing trip that would be. A ground I've always wanted to go to but, friendly or not seeing Rangers there would be a special occasion.

We were supposed to have a pre season friendly down at Maine Road in the late 80's and Greater Manchester Police objected to our fans coming down so the game was cancelled.

Same happened with Bolton (iirc) away around 10-12 years ago.
Greater Manchester Police don’t like us for some reason. Fuck them I say

Back