Possible Opponents: Capacities

BajanBear

Capacities for possible opponents. Malmo, Gent, Istanbul and LASK not great but assume LASK would host in another stadium.

Seville 44,000
Malmo 22,500
Basel 38,000
LASK 7,800
Arsenal
Espanyol 40,500
Gent 20,000
Istanbul Basaksehir 17,000
Braga 30,000
Man Utd
Ajax 55,000
Benfica 65,000
Inter 80,000
Salzburg 30,188

who typically sells out?

Malmö didn't for the match v Copenhagen, so that's doable

For selfish reasons I'd want inter, Benfica or arsenal for the trip

For progression I'd want malmo or lask.

Either way its great to be in the next round, buzzing

Good job that there are not difficult to get to really life the back of beyond.

Just hope we don't get Man U. London I could live with, but a trip to Manchester would be shite.

Istanbul Başaksahir or whatever don't have any fans

A manufactured club for Erdogan lackeys on the outskirts of Istanbul

For selfish reasons I'd want inter, Benfica or arsenal for the trip

For progression I'd want malmo or lask.

Either way its great to be in the next round, buzzing
Have you seen how bad Arsenal have been recently? Alfie would have a field day with that defence lol

Can't see Rangers accepting anymore than 5,000 tickets for any of the away fixtures regardless of what the host club would offer.

No idea how many TC points will be needed. For the smaller capacities maybe 5 or 6 points with the bigger ones around 3 or 4.

Can't see Rangers accepting anymore than 5,000 tickets for any of the away fixtures regardless of what the host club would offer.

No idea how many TC points will be needed. For the smaller capacities maybe 5 or 6 points with the bigger ones around 3 or 4.
I’m on 2 so hopefully 2

Anyone but Basaskehir, get that travelling to f*ck. Everyone else close enough. Glamour tie, easy tie, not bothered just not a long journey to %^*& about with. And not Salzburg, boring team but good.

LASK looks like a potentially small away allocation, if we draw them.

All others should be reasonable sized.

LASK was founded on 7 August 1908. In 1965, the club became the first team outside Viennato win the Austrian football championship. This is also its only championship to date. The club currently plays its league fixtures at the Waldstadion in Pasching, however plays at the Linzer Stadion in UEFA competitions.

21k capacity, not sure the capacity in European competition as it has rail seats for safe standing.

We would get a whack for the Emirates. Their stadium has looked empty. But obviously uptake would be huge for a London trip.

LASK was founded on 7 August 1908. In 1965, the club became the first team outside Viennato win the Austrian football championship. This is also its only championship to date. The club currently plays its league fixtures at the Waldstadion in Pasching, however plays at the Linzer Stadion in UEFA competitions.

21k capacity, not sure the capacity in European competition as it has rail seats for safe standing.

Fly in to Salzburg or Vienna? Six and half a dozen going by the maps.

and I recently bought a turkish fan card that you need to have to buy tickets, that'll do me.
I bought one last week to go and see Besiktas. I got the impression I could only use it for Besiktas games, do you know differently?

I bought one last week to go and see Besiktas. I got the impression I could only use it for Besiktas games, do you know differently?

Mine is Besiktas branded as well, but you can buy tickets for any club 3 days before their game.

Sevilla is the only team there that I would be really nervous about (from a progression perspective). I think we have a chance against every other team there

I suspect it would be very easy to get away end tickets for Arsenal.
Their fans are not that interested in the Europa league unless they are getting to quarterfinals onwards.

inter away would surely get us the most tickets and don’t see them being too interested in the Europa league as they’re in with a shout of winning Seria A this season
This for me, cracking glamour tie but with a real chance of progressing if we could rattle them in the first leg.

LASK have been playing their games in a 20,000+ stadium and not been close to filling it.

Would be the ideal draw for progression / big allocation to my mind.

@Funkhouser @sregnar

Capacities

Capacity football + athletics: 13,824 - 21,005 people

Capacity open air: 46,698 people

Arsenal for 3 reasons
Easy to get to
Should get a big allocation
Our players would be in the shop window against an English team.

Benfecia

we have a great record against Portuguese teams and a brilliant trip

Benfica are about the only truly giant European club in terms of reputation and heritage that we have never played competitively.

Considering we have both always been in European competition more or less since it’s inception in the 1950s it’s Pretty long odds that our paths haven’t crossed in that time and we are bound to one day.

The travelling bears would be sound for tickets for that one as well

Inter would be amazing! Solid tie but by fook what a sight seeing Rangers going toe to toe with them over two legs. On the other hand would be great to see Buff up against David Luiz lol

Latest posts

Back