Possibly 8th signing by end of the week

True but ironically Defoe having a club works better for us. With Cahill there’s no-one to make up the wages.

I would be stunned if it was Cahill. It's been reported he has offers from several EPL clubs. Given the reputation he has as a player and the fact there is no transfer fee he will likely still be able to command a very good wage. My guess would be 50k per week at the bare minimum.

I would be stunned if it was Cahill. It's been reported he has offers from several EPL clubs. Given the reputation he has as a player and the fact there is no transfer fee he will likely still be able to command a very good wage. My guess would 50k per week at the bare minimum.
Yeah, probably more.

Earlier in the summer I'd heard our big signing of the summer would be a top centre back and that the gaffer wanted to spend the bulk of his budget on that position, however if its been kept this quiet then I can't see that being the case, ie a huge transfer fee as it would have leaked.

My wild guess is its Gary Cahill on a free, and I'd be delighted with that if it were the case.

Earlier in the summer I'd heard our big signing of the summer would be a top centre back and that the gaffer wanted to spend the bulk of his budget on that position, however if its been kept this quiet then I can't see that being the case, ie a huge transfer fee as it would have leaked.

My wild guess is its Gary Cahill on a free, and I'd be delighted with that if it were the case.

I'm hoping the budget goes on a 10 and striker....

And a loan for Kent

Along with the new centre back

.... Not asking much am I?

We are looking for someone who is ready to go straight into the first-team, not a back-up player.
This guy could. Solid, no frills and decent pedigree. Would stroll Scottish football but longer term I think we could do better - and in Katic and Goldson probably have better already

I know I am having my suspicions as well, especially as nobody has caught wind of who, which is something that may happen if the Manager and Player are already well acquainted

Maybe they played together for England!

Certainly if its one of the 2 big name frees who are obvious I'd definitely prefer Cahill, but don't think Skrtel would be a bad signing either.

Gerrard absolutely loves him going by his book so I wouldn't be surprised.
As a Liverpool follower, I preferred Agger as a defender from that era. Skrtel was tough as nails but was very hands on and would give away penalties galore nowadays.

I’m guessing if we are in negotiations and the name has not made the media then he is based outside of UK

The Asda smartprice version of Koulibaly please.

xkalidou-koulibaly-300-300.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.ctT6ODT0Yq.jpg

BIG UNITS.

Back