Possibly 8th signing by end of the week

Agreed. 100%. Agger was superb was too often injured.

He's the exact same age as Skrtel, give or take a few days yet has been finished for years. Now a businessman.

Kjær was another who was always linked with Liverpool around the early days of Skrtel and Agger. Good player just never hit the heights talked about.

I might take pelters for this (don't know, not really bothered) but I wish we'd persist with Katic and Goldson. Katic is more than capable of being a starter at this level. My only gripe with Gerrard last season was Gerrard's bizarre decision to dump Katic and start playing Worrall as if Katic was some kind of youth development signing.
I agree the katic/goldson partnership is good enough to win a Scottish league title imo

I’ve heard for over a month now that Cahill was a name mentioned to one of our new signings from the manager during talks.
Definitely a step up on what we have just now a another leader to add to the ranks.

I’ve heard for over a month now that Cahill was a name mentioned to one of our new signings from the manager during talks.
Definitely a step up on what we have just now a another leader to add to the ranks.

We're not signing Cahill. He's only 33 and could walk into bottom half EPL/top half Championship teams.

Very interesting, shame he ruled out Deli he would have been a good signing but excited to see who it is

I like how Gerrard has given us more strength in depth.
We fell short last year with cover after the predictable suspensions and injury .
A steady work in progress ,had to get rid of 21 under achievers last year ;so expect progress this year again.
No doubt in time the gaffer (our best signing ) will deliver
In Gerrard we trust

I know money is tight at Ibrox but is it not a clear sign of our progress that we as fans are talking about some well kent names, in our transfer dealings, I can't, see, Cahill giving up the chance to still play in the top div. in England, but I think it may be Skrtel, which going by past signings recently will be a wrong move for us all?

Could be a premiership player similar to Goldson, ie playing for a team just recently promoted, and better players have been signed.

If I remember correctly, that signing came a bit out of the blue.

Think it’ll be a relatively unknown - we more or less found out about katic on the day which makes me think we could be shopping in a similar market where the press here couldn’t get their hands on any info.

If we play 60 games again this season, is it better to have two centre backs playing 60 games or three centre backs playing 40? Obviously the latter. Katic isn't being 'dropped', we just need someone equally as good if not better so our performance levels don't drop.

Maybe he should chuck it and give you the job :)

he's allowed to be wrong every now and again. I'll be annoyed if we go through another pre-season with Katic then dump him again to shoehorn someone else in.

I'd personally go with Mayo as our 4th centre half. I'd like our two main centre halves to play every game that they are fit which means 3rd and 4th choice shouldn't get many games. That's not an issue if 4th choice is Mayo. If 3rd/4th choice is Katic then it's an issue as he deserves to play and could rightly tell us to ram it and go elsewhere.

I might take pelters for this (don't know, not really bothered) but I wish we'd persist with Katic and Goldson. Katic is more than capable of being a starter at this level. My only gripe with Gerrard last season was Gerrard's bizarre decision to dump Katic and start playing Worrall as if Katic was some kind of youth development signing.

I think everyone likes Katic but if there’s an upgrade available then we go for it, Katic, Goldson and Edmundson will play a lot of games over the season along with whoever this may be.

Back