Possibly 8th signing by end of the week

What I find strange regarding Barisic, is that the main argument most of his supporters have is "He's a regular for Croatia." Even though at best he's been a dissapointment for us so far (last night excepted). I wonder how many of these people would have stuck up for Bruno Alves with the same defence, that he was a regular for Portugal (FWIW I thought that Alves did ok and took a lot of flack for nothing).

I've no knowledge of Croatian football in the slightest but could it be that Croatia are struggling in that position, and that's why he's a regular despite being a dissapointment for us?

Who cares about transfer fees? We’ve had a great window so far.

Too true, we have shown in the past 3 windows that a quality squad can be put together for very little outlay. For less than £9m paid in transfer fees we have virtual rebuilt our entire first team squad.

The Bosman market has some fantastic quality. Granted because there is no transfer fee involved the player will normally demand a bigger salary but with careful anslysis we have shown that, for clubs like ours, where transfers of £10m and above are unthinkable, Bosmans are the way to go.

Right lads, have spent good part of the morning trawling the net for any hint of our new signing but nothing doing. I'm like anexpectant father, does ayone have a clue, even a hint from one of our ITK guys?

I've no knowledge of Croatian football in the slightest but could it be that Croatia are struggling in that position, and that's why he's a regular despite being a dissapointment for us?

Some players are better internationals than club players and vice versa this has always been the case.

Hopefully he settles and pushes on from here ,

The manager seems to be happy with his attitude and has already binned several others who he’s not been happy with so that must be a positive.

There's a prominent member on here who freely admits to ONLY watching Rangers games when it comes to Football yet has a very vocal opinion on our potential signing targets.

If you know nothing say nothing.

Perhaps Gerrard putting it out there re imminent signing to force someone's hand on agreeing a deal.

Perfectly possible mate, main point is that the fact that he gets a game for them seems to be the first line of defence. Yet Alves who contributed more in his only season with us got quite a bit of stick without anyone rushing to point out that he was away with Portugal regularly and had almost 100 caps.

I thought he had been decent tbf, I don’t follow him but scan of his account seems legit

Obviously this one is wrong

As I asked last night what folk thought of him

Wasn’t having a dig at you in any way mate. Truth is I don’t think anyone really knows what’s happening. Which makes a change!

We do need another striker, regardless if Morelos stays or not.

Centre back as Goldson needs cover too.

I still feel quality out wide right is something we are lacking

Totally agree we need another striker but a lot will depend on Lafferty leaving as well.

Who is this Jimmy McCann guy ? seems like a load of p1sh to me coming from his account

Anyone pay attention to lad Jimmy McCann on twitter, he’s adamant club are bluffing and it’s Deli that’s signing

Deli was strong chat last night, obviously denied now officially

The boy McCann is very good on loads of stuff on twitter

Wouldn't be the first time Gerrard's said we're not interested in someone who we've then gone on to sign.

See: almost every player brought in last summer.

I like how we're bringing in frees.
We should be following Juventus but obv on a smaller scale, offset some transfer money to wages if needed. And if we have to spend money we do so.

We are now finally using the Bosman system properly,

We shouldn’t need to spend big fees on players as a whole if our scouting team is doing their job correctly.

Last edited:
Could it be someone like Gary Cahill.? He dosen't need big wages, and he's got the experience we need at the back, to help our younger players.
Only a thought, i think he would be a good signing for us.Especially while playing in europe.

Cahill would be a fantastic signing, who would also help the development of Katic and Edmundson. I still think that wages would be problematic as he'll have options down south. Maybe a signing on fee could offset that, as he doesn't have a transfer fee. Sadly it looks like he'll be moving to Villa.

Katic made a couple of errors last night against a team no better than junior level. Wont surprise me if he drops out again. He is a project.
I tend to agree.

He will also be lacking confidence at the moment after the under 21 tournament. He's someone who should be managed in game time just like last season.

James Lawrence will significantly reduce my whelmed status.

I would be stunned if it was Cahill. It's been reported he has offers from several EPL clubs. Given the reputation he has as a player and the fact there is no transfer fee he will likely still be able to command a very good wage. My guess would be 50k per week at the bare minimum.

I think someone like him would love to get back into football at a resonable level.So would he get much better than showing what he can do, playing for the Gers.in europe.
I don't think money comes into it with guys like him as they've made their fortunes over the years, with the club or clubs they've played with.
I wouldn't be surprised if he turned up at Ibrox this week, to sign a deal.

Does that pic prove anything? No way of identifying it’s brugge. Ok it’s clearly not Glasgow but he could be somewhere on way here. Not saying it isn’t Brugge but don’t see how the pic proves it either way

Do you have a link? The only pic I've seen is of him with a wee lad at Brussels airport

Despite living in exile in Wales I know little about James Lawrence. Maybe that tells its own story. Why is everyone so set against him? Has he had a howler somewhere along the line? Wales are a ‘decent’ team so surely he has something about him?

Despite living in exile in Wales I know little about James Lawrence. Maybe that tells its own story. Why is everyone so set against him? Has he had a howler somewhere along the line? Wales are a ‘decent’ team so surely he has something about him?

He had a stinker for wales a few weeks ago, cant remember who they were playing exactly.

croatia mibby???

I've seen him play a couple of times for Anderlecht but tbh I don't remember much about him and he was playing in midfield. He's a lefty, which might be important.

Oh I know bud I didn’t take it as such

I merely mentioned him as had been pointed out to me but seems many say he’s a crank who deletes etc

I don’t think anyone has a whiff of anything which is interesting & also makes me wonder if it’s someone club has previously dismissed

Boys said Gerrard said that Deli was of interest few weeks ago & it never got past informal chat & definitely not him, which makes me think maybe leaked now to keep people Away from real target

Excited to see who it is, personally I hope it’s not Skrtel or James Lawrence who has been mentioned But we will see

Almost unheard of for a transfer these days to get to the ‘almost done’ phase without anyone getting a sniff.

Which points to someone the manager knows well...

Could it be someone like Gary Cahill.? He dosen't need big wages, and he's got the experience we need at the back, to help our younger players.
Only a thought, i think he would be a good signing for us.Especially while playing in europe.

He might not ‘need’ big wages but he could still get them if he wants. I’d imagine the entire bottom half of the EPL would be happy to pay him more than we could ever afford if he was that way inclined, as could a number of Championship sides.

Would be a sensational piece of business but I just can’t see it.

I'm going to take an enormous punt with absolutely no ITK info and say we've offered to chuck a million quid at Bruno Ecuele Manga of Cardiff.

Out of contract in 12 months. Has about 400 career games so far. Was good in the Championship, struggled a little in the Premiership.

Back