Post a non Rangers fitba " wow" moment

I was a kid and we got tickets for Czech Republic Vs Portugal in Euro 96 for the Poborsky scoop, it was the a thing of inventive beauty and not sure I've ever seen it since certainly not on that stage!
It also led to hours trying to recreate the goal on the playground and in training. The sort of magic that gets kids interested and active in the beautiful game

I remember every kid trying to do this at school.

Aguerro winner v QPR to win the title for Man City , Zidanes goal at hampden in the champions league final v Leverkusen and recently Barca beating PSG 5-1 scoring that 5th goal in injury time to go through in the champions league.

Bale’s overhead kick is criminally underrated.

It change direction with a slight deflection as well, such an impressive goal.

I came on to post the Watford vs Leicester game but many have beaten me to it. The most crazy game I have been at was at The Etihad last season for the CL game vs Spurs. For sheer drama it will be hard to beat

I thought of this goal when I saw the original post. My late uncle missed the Jimmy Glass goal by leaving early and I missed this goal in Stockholm. I was in the England end which is unusual for me I'm normally in the home end... I wasn't looking (and drunk) when everyone started cheering... I just saw the ball in our net and the net still shaking. It took me a few drunken moments (and a replay on a screen hanging above the centre circle) to realise why folk were cheering. An unbelievable piece of skill I missed. The first thing I remember thinking was of my daft uncle missing the Jimmy Glass goal.

Last edited:
The International break has again scunnered me so i was looking through old you tube videos and found this old belter.

Feel free to post if you have any of your own.

Remember that day well, I was at Scarborough match, and I'm sure that was the moment that sent them down.

Up until now, I never realised Raith Rovers and Celtic drew two each at Ibrox, like now I never watch them playing in a Cup Final in Scotland, unless they re playing us.
Was in car park in Mcdonald that day and seen a couple of tims arguing about the game, only then I turned on the radio and realised they had lost. Never knew until later it was on penalties.

Dave Narey’s goal that put us in the lead against one of the greatest Brazil teams of all time.

That was a super goal by Narey!
And what a team Brazil had then!
Zico, Junior, Socrates etc.
First World Cup I can remember!
Some great teams with great players!

Uruguay v Ghana world cup quarter final 2010.

1-1 and in the last minute of extra time there's a scramble in the box , Suarez clears it off the line but Ghana come again and look like they are going to score with a header that beats the keeper. Somehow Suarez manages to block it again, camera angle at first looks like maybe he managed to get his head on it. Ref runs over and shows him a straight red card, replay shows him clearly saving it with his hand.

Ghana have the penalty and the chance to go into the semi final with the last kick of the ball.... and hit the bar. Camera cuts to Suarez immediately going from looking devestated to delighted.

Game goes to penalties and Uruguay go on and win.

David Beckham's halfway line lob.

Obviously more common now - but certainly had all us trying it in school and for the local team!

Cryuff's turn. It's the defender looking about saying to himself "where the feck is the ball?"
Beckham's chip from the hal way line.

Back