post break fixtures

M0LS

Bored of the international break already, so was looking ahead to our post winter break fixtures. Unsurprisingly we've a glut of home games to redress all the away games in December. I see this as a huge positive as the squad can be rusty coming back from a lay off. Only one of our first 5 games back is away (Hearts), whereas the Dhims would obviously be coming back to 4 away games including Killy and Motherwell. In fact from 22/1 to the split we've only a couple of what i'd call tricky away games (Hertz and Killy). They, on the other hand have trips to Killy, Motherwell, sheep, Livy, US and Hibs.

If we can stay in touch up to and including the OF game on the 29th I'd suggest we'd be in a really strong position.

Generally fancy us to beat any team in this league, but the Cup Final and Europe make us more likely to drop points.

Aberdeen away just before the Cup Final isn't ideal. Hibs away and Motherwell away are two of our trickier away fixtures.

Personally if we leave Parkhead within 3 points of them I'd be very happy.

Our fixture list in January and February is quite kind for us to kick on.

Generally fancy us to beat any team in this league, but the Cup Final and Europe make us more likely to drop points.

Aberdeen away just before the Cup Final isn't ideal. Hibs away and Motherwell away are two of our trickier away fixtures.

They also play an extra game so 6 points with a game in hand for us

Aberdeen are rotten and are too reliant on Cosgrove. We should be going up there and giving them a doing.

More concerned about the Motherwell game and Hibs will be somewhat unknown given they've not appointed a new manager yet.

If we stay injury free then I think we've got enough options in the squad to rotate but still have enough quality to win these matches if the players turn up.

Exactly my thoughts. After the winter break there will be 14 league games to the split in April and 9 of them are at home.

If we are in the same position as we are now at the end of December then i think we are in a great position go and win this league. Its a massive month and a half coming up for us with some tough away games. If we play the same as we did v Livi though we should be fine.

If we are in the same position as we are now at the end of December then i think we are in a great position go and win this league. Its a massive month and a half coming up for us with some tough away games. If we play the same as we did v Livi though we should be fine.
This is my thinking also. We did well to be virtually neck and neck last year and then they pulled away after the restart. I'd love us to be in a position to reverse that on them this time around.

Exactly, if we can get to that stage within touching distance i'll be both delighted and optimistic.

Back