Katic
Barisic

Jack
Aribo

Stewart
Hagi
Kent

Morelos

Based on current squad plus Hagi (hopefully signs)
Would like to see right forward come in and maybe add some pace as we aren’t the fastest. Also a big unit in midfield.
No danger that we would win the league with that team.

In the spirit of the thread here’s some players that would possibly be obtainable should we sell Alfie and any one or two of Kamara,Tav,Jones or Borna.

J. Svenson (year left on his deal at AZ) RB
Meling (contract ends in December at Rosenberg) LB
Fer (bosman)
Linssen (bosman)
Hagi (4.3million)
Prevljak (2 years left at RB Salzburg)

The one position I just haven’t any idea about is DM,ideally someone like the Braga skipper.
But players like him are under long contracts and simply out of our reach.
I like McNair but not sure if Boro would price him out of a move,even if we offered Jones plus cash.

Incredibly tough ask for our staff to get quality needed in that area through the door.
You are Prevljak’s agent aren’t you Cav?

Shagger
New katic helander new
Jack new
New aribo kent
Morelos

Missed candieas all sesson in my opinion left tav more exposed and was found out. Barasic for me great going forward but cant defend same as tav.

In the spirit of the thread here’s some players that would possibly be obtainable should we sell Alfie and any one or two of Kamara,Tav,Jones or Borna.

J. Svenson (year left on his deal at AZ) RB
Meling (contract ends in December at Rosenberg) LB
Fer (bosman)
Linssen (bosman)
Hagi (4.3million)
Prevljak (2 years left at RB Salzburg)

The one position I just haven’t any idea about is DM,ideally someone like the Braga skipper.
But players like him are under long contracts and simply out of our reach.
I like McNair but not sure if Boro would price him out of a move,even if we offered Jones plus cash.

Incredibly tough ask for our staff to get quality needed in that area through the door.
I went through the same phase you're in with Prevljak with Michael Frey!

Reactions: cav
The amount of posts quoting the current team is bizarre. We need major upgrades.

It's baffling if we don't make serious changes and bring in quality and depth to the squad we are fucked before a ball is kicked.

6 players are needed to go straight into that team at the very least.

To have a better chance of winning the league:

McGregor
Goldson New CH Helander
New RM Jack New CM Kent (played only on the wing)
Hagi
Morelos New CF

Matheus

Tavernier/Ruegg
Goldson
van Drongelen/Helander
Barisic

Jack
Aribo

Kent
Hagi/Majer
Skov Olsen

Grbic
Ooft,I'd love to see that mate I really would but you're talking serious investment for that to happen I'd think.(Unless Wilson pulls a few rabbits out the hat and we get Skov olsen and Majer in on loan).
You know what though,I never for a minute thought we'd get Hagi on loan,so I suppose if you don't ask you don't get!

Bit of fun. We've started getting linked to a few players and some more will inevitably leave. What would a title winning first 11 look like for you next season?

McGregor

New. Helander. New. Barisic

Fer Jack
Hagi

Vydra Kent
Maric.

Can see Morelos and Kamara going to generate funds. Tav a maybe to go too. Fer is a free and a big solid unit who can play. Need a goal new threat from the right. Maric is 6'3 and top scored in Croatia 2 seasons running. Vydra would have been inspired and hopefully we can get him now. Leader at the back with a bit of pace and experience required. Helander is excellent positionally but lacks pace. Needs some legs next to him. Goldson is ok and rarely injured but I'd like a driving force in the team be it centre half or centre mid.

Meling and Chrivella are good bosman options and have quality to challlenge for a place at LB and CM. Daniel Schwabb at PSV could be the experienced centre back (also a bosman).

Bit of fun before someone says I'll just wait and see what the manager/DOF have lined up!

Silvio Maric still gawin at 45 oft

What do you think of Mike Van Der Hoorn on a Bosman, or Daniel Schwabb. If Katic goes for a fee this could be a solution more likely to play in the first team.

Who is Svenson?

I've been shouting for Fer since the Europa tie. A bosman with his pedigree and aswell as being a very good ball player he has stature. I closed my eyes every time they had a corner thinking Fer was a real danger
Van Der Hoorns an excellent shout on a free a real leader and former captain at centre half

Ooft,I'd love to see that mate I really would but you're talking serious investment for that to happen I'd think.(Unless Wilson pulls a few rabbits out the hat and we get Skov olsen and Majer in on loan).
You know what though,I never for a minute thought we'd get Hagi on loan,so I suppose if you don't ask you don't get!
If we sold Morelos for the asking price, it would genuinely fund the majority of that team

Reactions: cav
McGregor

New RB Goldson Helander Barisic

Jack Davis

Kent Hagi Aribo

New ST

cover for Davis and the sign Kamberi

Shagger

Tav    Goldson  Lovren  Borna

Jack   Tonali
            Hagi
Traore                 Kent
          Deeney

Shagger

Tav    Goldson  Lovren  Borna

Jack   Tonali
            Hagi
Traore                 Kent
          Deeney
Tonali would easily cost over £20m

If we sold Morelos for the asking price, it would genuinely fund the majority of that team
I think it'll be more of a case of how much we can command fees wise in the current market and then how much we're allowed to spend of that.Time will tell I guess.

Turnbull and dykes would be two good additions we could get for a fairly good price. Hagi looks like he will come in, which I think is a risk to be honest. In order to be seriously challenging this season we need a striker Similar to jelavic, let’s hope we can sell Alfredo to fund that.

Turnbull and dykes would be two good additions we could get for a fairly good price. Hagi looks like he will come in, which I think is a risk to be honest. In order to be seriously challenging this season we need a striker Similar to jelavic, let’s hope we can sell Alfredo to fund that.
Dykes would be a good addition but Hagi would be a risk?

Enough FF for me today

McGregor

NEW/McCrorie
NEW
Helander
Barasic

Jack
NEW

NEW
Hagi
Kent

NEW

All of course nonsense because we probably won't be playing games for 6 months.

Dykes would be a good addition but Hagi would be a risk?

Enough FF for me today
Dykes would be cheap and has caused us and that lot all sorts of problems. Perfect for the 3rd striker and can also allow us to mix it up if need be.

Hagi has got unbelievable talent but I don’t think he done anywhere near enough in domestic games last season plus we played him out of position. You’re happy to pay 4.5m on him knowing that he might be played out of position again?

You can’t honestly say hagi done anywhere near enough for us in the league games he played.

Some folk are just setting themselves up to be disappointed.

Goldson will be the 1st pick centre half.
Tav will be 1st choice right back and captain.

If the Manager makes the same selection mistakes and keeps trust in the players that have continuously let him down then he’ll have no one to blame but himself at the end of the season.

If we have any title ambitions this season then we need a new Captain. New season, new start.

Tav has proved time and time again he doesn’t have it in him.

GK: McGregor
RB: Tav
CB: Goldson/Helander
CB: New
LB: Barisic
CM: New
CM: Jack/Aribo
RW: New
AM: Hagi/Aribo
LW: Kent
ST: New
INS: GK (Hladky) CB (van drongelen?), LB (Meilling, Douglas?), DM, CM, LW, RW, ST x2.
McGregor needs backup, Definitely need a quality centre half that is comfortable on the ball and van drongelen fits the bill, quality cover is needed for Barisic and Meilling is out of contract later in the year and could replace Borna from what I’ve seen of him and what people say about him and Douglas is a decent enough, definitely need a quality defensive mid, a central midfielder that adds goals and quality to the group, a starting Right winger, backup that can challenge Kent and two quality strikers to replace Morelos. Promote Kennedy and Paterson to the squad

To help fund this I’d look to sell these players: Morelos for €20m if the March report about Atletico willing to pay that is true, Kamara to Marseille for €10m if the reports are true, Katic for €5m to Dijon if the report is true, Jones I reckon we could get 500k for, Murphy 300k, Docherty 750k-£1m, Polster a couple hundred grand, Barker ( more a case of anyone who’d take him) and Stewart for a few hundred thousand

McGregor( or a new gk depending on price)
Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic
New midfielder
New midfielder
New rw
Hagi
Kent
Morelos

On top of that we need a quality striker to back up Morelos, Defoe all round game isn’t good enough to be a second choice striker. Then a back up for barisic, and good back ups to compete at both wing positions. Ultimately if we want to compete the full season with them we need players like jack, aribo, arfield etc to be the squad player levels. Some of this can be funded by selling off certain players like Katic and Kamara who would hopefully get us around 10-12 million hopefully

Back