Post your lineup for next season

I think a little more faith needs to be put into Ross Wilson, 1 signing and it was Ianis Hagi which took us all by shock. Cant wait for what he brings us next

Reactions: cav
Turnbull and dykes would be two good additions we could get for a fairly good price. Hagi looks like he will come in, which I think is a risk to be honest. In order to be seriously challenging this season we need a striker Similar to jelavic, let’s hope we can sell Alfredo to fund that.
Hagi is the most special talent we've had since Laudrup. He's young and hungry. The only risk is not signing him.

Keep the thread on track and respect that people have different opinions or have a wee holiday, its up to you Gentlemen.

Really don't think we'll see a huge overhaul this season. McGregor will still be number 1 with us probably signing a backup if McCrorie goes out on loan again.

I reckon the only defender we'll sign is a back up left back, possibly Barry Douglas.

I'd like us to sign one centre mid to play alongside Jack with Hagi playing just behind the striker should he sign.

The main signing I think we need is a right sided forward. We don't need an attacking midfielder to play there but a right sided striker in the Novo or Caniggia mould who will chip in with more goals than those that have been playing there in recent times.

Think we'll have 3 strikers this season with Morelos leaving and two coming in. Would like Kamberi to be one of them as he's versatile along the front 3 and the other being a first choice replacement for Alfredo should he leave.

Mcgregor / McCrorie

Tav/Patterson Katic/GE Helander/CG Barisic/NLB

Jack/McCrorie Mayo/Ferguson

Arfield/Kennedy Hagi/Aribo Kent/Stewart

Dykes / NCF
I think we’ll see an influx of youths this season with Dapo, KK, McPake, Mayo (used in defence and as a dmf) etc due to the lack of ready cash available, something which I personally don’t have an issue.

I think we’ll lose two big players from either Goldson, Tav, Morelos or Kamara. Add in Docherty, Murphy, Middleton and Hasite who haven’t grabbed a place yet And the ones who can’t be trusted like Barker.

I’d love to see the aforementioned Paddy McNair in a swap deal with Jones.

We’ll be relying on bargains, loans and bosmans in what will be a challenging season unless we can have an influx of cash. We’ve got the nucleus of a good side we just need to add 2/3 quality players or add in a unfounded gem.

It‘ll be interesting to see if the lay off has refreshed Defoe and Davis as well.

We need a central midfielder or 2 for starters, Davis will be used as a squad player next season I would imagine.

Arfield goes on and off the boil during a season, Jack is normally consistent but his form fell off a cliff after the cup final, before that he was playing brilliantly.

Kamara is another who blows hot and cold and you can't be sure what you are going to get week by week.

All these players when at the top of their game are good enough to win the league but we know they cant be trusted to perform for a full season

Mcgregor / McCrorie

Dykes / NCF
I think we’ll see an influx of youths this season with Dapo, KK, McPake, Mayo (used in defence and as a dmf) etc due to the lack of ready cash available, something which I personally don’t have an issue.

I think we’ll lose two big players from either Goldson, Tav, Morelos or Kamara. Add in Docherty, Murphy, Middleton and Hasite who haven’t grabbed a place yet And the ones who can’t be trusted like Barker.

We’ll be relying on bargains, loans and bosmans in what will be a challenging season unless we can have an influx of cash. We’ve got the nucleus of a good side we just need to add 2/3 quality players or add in a unfounded gem.

It‘ll be interesting to see if the lay off has refreshed Defoe and Davis as well.
Stevie Kelly and the 2 McCrories are the only youths I think that have a shot atm.
The rest need loan moves and to experience men's football
Ross McCrorie a definite shout to be the back up right back I think

Mcgregor / McCrorie

Dykes / NCF

Absolutely no chance are we going into next season with Arfield as our RW, Dykes as our main striker and Mayo as a first choice CM. Stewart will be off and I doubt Aberdeen will sell us Ferguson for a reasonable fee either.

_____________Mcgregor

Tav_____New CB____Hellander____Barisic

___________Jack____New CM

New LW_________Hagi_____________Kent

_______________New CF

Back ups..

Robbie Mcrorie
Patterson/Katic/Edmunson
Davis/Aribo/Arfield
Defoe

Sell Goldson, Kamara & Morelos if the rumours of interest are true.

Take the captaincy off Tav and tell him to solely focus on his own performances.. I'm still convinced he has what it takes.

Reinvest any money from player sales in a quality CM, LW & Striker.

Sign a LB capable of pushing Borna.

Get rid of squad shite like Barker, Jones etc.

Use the loan market wisely to bring in a winger or 2 and a 3rd choice striker to beef out the squad.

After a good summer we are going to have

Mcgregor
Alexander arnold
Koulibaly
Helander
Barasic

Chirvella
Jack

Mbappe
Hagi
Mane

Haaland

Kept a few players in to keep it realistic. Thought about ronaldo and messi but they are getting on a bit now

It really is you know - he was a steal at the money we got him for and we will not see a replacement of that quality for reasonable money
How do you know mate ?we could have someone or maybe 2 lined up already that doesn’t give you the fear every time something goes against them.

What use is he though when he’s missing between 6-8 games a season due to suspension? I’d rather we get a new striker in that we can rely on.

I agree.

Morelos has been great for us.

However hes a liability due to a combination of his own stupidity and the fact he gets unfairly treated by referees.

I would sell for anything upwards of £15M and buy 2 or 3 players that will walk into our starting 11 including his replacement.

McGregor

New RB New CB Helander Barisic

New DM

Jack New CAM

New RF New Striker Kent

Bench

New GK, Katic/Edmundson, Davis, Aribo, Arfield, New Forward, Defoe

Firth becomes number 3

Promote Patterson and Maxwell they can cover the full back slots.

Mayo can cover the defence as 5th choice if needed

McCrorie as an extra holding midfielder if needed.

The rest of the midfield has enough cover imo.

An extra player for the forward areas and an extra striker will definitely be required.

Gives us a core squad of about 26 players which is enough strength in depth.

Sell Tavernier, Goldson, Kamara, Morelos that will fund and hopefully balance our business out.

Hagi signing is a possibility to the above as it stands.

I still don't see a future for Polster, Docherty, Middleton, Jones, Hastie, Barker, Stewart, and Murphy. They can all leave although I can very much see some going out on loan again.

Kamberi I don't think we will buy so he will leave.

That's just my honest assessment of the squad and what needs done with views to buying and selling players and seeing what's needed for the squad plus cover.

We have a massive summer ahead imo.

From last season the only players that have pass marks who I don’t see us selling (either because we will cash him on a big offer or we see them as surplus) are McGregor, Jack, Davis, Kent, Helander Edmundson and Defoe.....all others could well move on...so picking a side is a bit of a lottery. One thing for sure as I keep saying is that we need cleansed of failure and fear and we need a new Captain with a very strong spine down the middle that can be relied upon week in week out, domestically as well as in Europe. Good European runs without a domestic trophy isn’t good enough!!!

Right back, central midfielder, Hagi, right sided attacker that go straight in to the team.

If someone leaves, for example; Morelos then they need replaced with quality.

Second choice keeper brought in, left full back, ST to rival and push others.

McGregor
New RB Goldson Helander Barisic
Jack
Aribo Hagi Kent
Buff

Bench:

New GK
Katic
New FB
Davis
Kamberi
Defoe
New Rw

Jesus Christ you aiming for top 3 finish?
Mcgregor / McCrorie

Dykes / NCF

Mcgregor / McCrorie

Dykes / NCF

Mayo is a defender mate lol

This is how I think we'll line up next season going with the current squad.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barasic

Jack & Davis

Arfield Hagi Aribo/Kent

Morelos

(GK) McGregor - Personally I think we need a new keeper he's been a great servant but time for change.
(RB) Tav - Has his critics but still the best RB in the league, we have Paterson coming through and should be an able backup for next season.
(CB) Goldson & Helander - Best defensive pairing in the league when both are fit better backup required sell or loan out either Katic or Edmundson and get another CB in.
(LB) Barasic - A class act, has made the problem LB position his own, a bit injury prone though so we will need a proper backup
(CM) Jack/Davis/Arfield/Aribo - any of these 4 can fill the midfield slots, Jack & Davis would be my first picks but Aribo could be the one who ends up the first pick in there next season if he continues to develop, he has commented publicly that this is were he wants to play and is trying to add more aggression and physicality into his play, I'd sell Kamara and get another midfielder in.
(RM) Arfield - We need a new signing for the right side of midfield, one that will compliment Tav who can defend and attack, like a better version of Candeias, Arfield is not suited to this role IMO, plays better in midfield, Hagi was excellent in that position but he needs to be more central as he has so much ability he needs to get the ball as much as possible.
(CAM) Hagi - Play him as a number 10, give him a free role and he'll be a star turn for us.
(LM) Aribo & Kent - With Jack, Davis & Arfield occupying the midfield positions when fit I believe Aribo is the better option on the Left, Kent needs to improve his assists and goal stats to make that position his own, I'm sure he will.
(S) Morelos - I hope he stays as I'm looking forward to seeing him link up with Hagi as a number 10.
Defoe & Kamberi are good enough back up strikers, with Hagi's ability to pick a killer pass we will get more goals from our strikers.

Summary - We have about 15 players that are good enough, it's our back up players that have let us down we need to be able to rotate the full back slots and wide midfielders more often as those are the most stamina sapping positions over a season, we haven't had decent cover to rest the players in those positions IMO, players like Halliday, Flanagan, Ojo, Barker and Jones simply weren't good enough, we really need an injection of quality not quantity to take us to the next level, I'd love Rangers to sign a quality utility player that can play both full back and midfield like Claudia Reyna and a CB that can play anywhere across the back, quality players that can play in at least 2 positions to fill in when players need rested could be the difference next season.

McGregor
New right back (love tav to bits but he costs us too many goals)
Helander
Goldson
Barasic
Jack
Ferguson
Hagi
2 new wingers
Morelos
Davis performances dipped in last couple of month and Kent is to inconsistent.
McGregor
New RB Goldson Helander Barisic
Jack
Aribo Hagi Kent
Buff

Bench:

New GK
Katic
New FB
Davis
Kamberi
Defoe
New Rw
pretty much the same, although I wouldn’t have Kent a main starter. Would like a more natural winger to change things up

Latest posts

Back