Postecoglou really is a wee blouse

Bit of a daft comment from Beale in all honesty. Postecoglou gets found out badly in Europe but unfortunately for us he sussed out very quickly how to beat the jobbers in Scotland and remains relentless in doing so.

What's daft about saying that a manager who has spent £50 million in 18 months is fortunate to have had that amount to spend?

It's an absolute fortune in Scottish football terms.

What's daft about saying that a manager who has spent £50 million in 18 months is fortunate to have had that amount to spend?

its always best to look at the net spend rather than only one way, in this and last season they have spent less than £10 million according to transfrmarket

Transfer record 21/22​

Arrivals/DeparturesFee
Income24 €37.60m
Expenditure32 €26.46m
Overall balance +€11.14m

Transfer record 22/23​

Arrivals/DeparturesFee
Income24 €9.55m
Expenditure20 €30.18m
Overall balance €-20.63m

11.14 - 20.63 = -£9.49 million

I would like to see us more active in the transfer market but for 10+ years we have been bleeding in just expenditures only, and only in our recent run to europa final and Patterson/Aribo/Bassey got us our first considerable fees that i can remember, but we had 10+ years of expenditures to make up for, so its not like that can all be immediately re-invested the way the scum from across the city are able to do, hopefully we will get there in time but it pains me to say we cant just go out and blast away 50 million from 1 year of good accounts

so yes I agree its a lot to spend, but only because the business model is proving to be successful and not because they just threw 50 million into the wind, also they have been incredibly fortunate with transfers since he came in, so as much as i dont want to like the guy, its obvious hes using his experience in those leagues as a marker and tapping into that, 1 or 2 signings aside, it seems to be working. I mean if you look at their transfer record over the last 4 years instead of 18 months the figures balance themselves out to be nothing

When gerrard was here we had so many transfers but how many actually worked out apart from the obvious ones? it was crazy how many ppl we had coming in it felt like

its always best to look at the net spend rather than only one way, in this and last season they have spent less than £10 million according to transfrmarket

Transfer record 21/22​

Arrivals/DeparturesFee
Income24 €37.60m
Expenditure32 €26.46m
Overall balance +€11.14m

Transfer record 22/23​

Arrivals/DeparturesFee
Income24 €9.55m
Expenditure20 €30.18m
Overall balance €-20.63m

I would like to see us more active in the transfer market but for 10+ years we have been bleeding in just expenditures only, and only in our recent run to europa final and Patterson/Aribo/Bassey got us our first considerable fees that i can remember, but we had 10+ years of expenditures to make up for, so its not like that can all be immediately re-invested the way the scum from across the city are able to do, hopefully we will get there in time but it pains me to say we cant just go out and blast away 50 million from 1 year of good accounts

so yes I agree its a lot to spend, but only because the business model is proving to be successful and not because they just threw 50 million into the wind, also they have been incredibly fortunate with transfers since he came in, so as much as i dont want to like the guy, its obvious hes using his experience in those leagues as a marker and tapping into that, 1 or 2 signings aside, it seems to be working. I mean if you look at their transfer record over the last 4 years instead of 18 months the figures balance themselves out to be nothing

When gerrard was here we had so many transfers but how many actually worked out apart from the obvious ones? it was crazy how many ppl we had coming in it felt like

Those figures are vastly inflated by the sales of Ajer and Edouard who basically wanted to leave before flange even got in the door and he was given 100% of that money to spend.

They also paid £10m for these two previously so that has to be taken into account as well when talking about net spending.

He's brought in around 32 players now with maybe around 6-7 big earners leaving in his time so he's considerably increased the wage bill as well.

He also inherited the most expensively assembled squad in Scottish football by some way with the biggest wage bill as well.

Said it before but I'd be willing to bet on the day he leaves his transfer dealings will be in the minus column by a huge distance.

Well, they clearly don't put in the same physical effort against Celtc as they clearly do against us. Why is that, do you think.?

What evidence do you have to make such a claim? It's far more likely that you are a victim of cognitive bias.

There's nothing lucky about it. They have merely re-invested what they have brought in. All down to excellent recruitment and selling players at the right time. Something that we have struggled with in recent windows. It's not like a Newcastle/PSG situation where money is no object.

What evidence do you have to make such a claim? It's far more likely that you are a victim of cognitive bias.

There's nothing lucky about it. They have merely re-invested what they have brought in. All down to excellent recruitment and selling players at the right time. Something that we have struggled with in recent windows. It's not like a Newcastle/PSG situation where money is no object.

The topic is specifically on Postecoglu and the money he’s had to spend, he wasn’t there to ‘develop’ the likes of Ajer and Edouard. The sales of them both enabled him to spend big, without that does he get to build a team of his own players? We all witnessed how poor their start was under him, nothing tactically has changed they’ve just brought in a higher calibre of player to do the same role more effectively.

The topic is specifically on Postecoglu and the money he’s had to spend, he wasn’t there to ‘develop’ the likes of Ajer and Edouard. The sales of them both enabled him to spend big, without that does he get to build a team of his own players? We all witnessed how poor their start was under him, nothing tactically has changed they’ve just brought in a higher calibre of player to do the same role more effectively.

New manager is given money to build his own team. This isn't a revolutionary new concept. Beale will get his share in the summer. It's a bizarre take.

Transfer record 21/22​

Arrivals/DeparturesFee
Income24 €37.60m
Expenditure32 €26.46m
Overall balance +€11.14m

Transfer record 22/23​

Arrivals/DeparturesFee
Income24 €9.55m
Expenditure20 €30.18m
Overall balance €-20.63m

Erm, that's some effort you've gone to there mate, wow.

I don't care how much they brought in, big gravy veins has been given £50 million to build his squad, and that is some amount in Scottish football terms.

Erm, that's some effort you've gone to there mate, wow.

I don't care how much they brought in, big gravy veins has been given £50 million to build his squad, and that is some amount in Scottish football terms.
I'd like to take credit but bead rattler thats sits near me at work told me a while back after i said the same thing about how theyve had so much to spend, it was only then i started to get a better idea and looked at transfrmarket site to prove him wrong I realised

Martindale mentioned how Celtics budget dwarfs theirs and he said something like ‘ we hear that every week from him’ or something along they lines.

Another “cheeky dig” I take it?

Wee Martindale does an infinitely better job with his budget in the SPFL than Fat Ange does with his budget in Europe.

First team to be knocked out of three competitions in his first season and his club’s worst ever CL performance in his second.

This is why no English side will touch him.

In the Sun today saying that Scumtic have the biggest transfer budget as Scumtic are the biggest club in Scotland , with the biggest fan base in Scotland.

Wonder what enabler at that rancid club put those words in his mouth. My money is on Liewell.

I used to see it said on here that Rodgers would fold under pressure, I never quite bought into that, but this guy will collapse when we get our act together, I'm absolutely convinced of it.
He did though, shat it and fŭcked off to Leicester

Edit: Sorry if this has been said about 10x, this is the first time reading this thread.

Reactions: DJT
His abject Euro record is what clubs outside this tinpot league will look at - and they aren’t interested as it has been garbage two times out of two.

nevermind-whatever.gif

He’s definitely very thin skinned and not very convincing with poor comebacks in the press.I think Beale has picked up on this and is rightly playing a few discrete mind games with him.The dark arts and state craft were something that GvB was sadly lacking due to being just too nice.

I was slagging one of them I know after Postecoglu was going on about an off cuff comment by Beale a week later. Unbelievable he's still rabbiting on about it a whole month and 5 games later. I thought he didn't think about other teams and managers.

The fat slob has had barely no competition in the SPFL, especially this season when we've been laden with an horrific injury list. He'll crack at the first sign of pressure.

I keep asking the peasants when did their small club last reach a Euro final.? They take the bait every single time, guaranteed. :))

It's been 19 years since they even won a European tie after Christmas far less reached a final.

Probably about £200m+ spent on transfers over that period as well.

They are a pishy wee club who's only goal is to finish above Rangers and nothing else.

Not sure why a lot of people are so happy with how this is playing out since Beale made the accurate but Ill advised comment and also martindale ‘points per pound’ comments more recently. The media keep asking him about it as well and their fans will be loving his latest ‘biggest club’ narrative!

At the end of the day we all want us to be back to being in that financial position of power that allows cash to be spent and I think we should be more alarmed that Beale is already talking about financial disparity after just a few months - Gerrard didn’t play this card albeit it was a rumoured frustration before he left and Gio only really played it re the champions league when we didn’t strengthen.

Said this before but with the exception of Real Betis in a dead rubber, have they beaten a team with a bigger budget than them?

If Beale could somehow suggest that I reckon he might lose his mind.

Not sure why a lot of people are so happy with how this is playing out since Beale made the accurate but Ill advised comment and also martindale ‘points per pound’ comments more recently. The media keep asking him about it as well and their fans will be loving his latest ‘biggest club’ narrative!

At the end of the day we all want us to be back to being in that financial position of power that allows cash to be spent and I think we should be more alarmed that Beale is already talking about financial disparity after just a few months - Gerrard didn’t play this card albeit it was a rumoured frustration before he left and Gio only really played it re the champions league when we didn’t strengthen.
Beale was simply acknowledging how our transfer strategy differs from theirs.

He gave Postecoglou due kudos for being a good coach and added that he was also lucky that he had been given a lot of money.

Then Beale went on to outline how our own forward planning will function in the transfer market within the budget that he is working with.

It’s not Beale’s problem that the media often hook on to trivial comments taken out of context. And not his problem either that Ange is still being a greetin faced diva about it one month on.

Beale was simply acknowledging how our transfer strategy differs from theirs.

He gave Postecoglou due kudos for being a good coach and added that he was also lucky that he had been given a lot of money.

Then Beale went on to outline how our own forward planning will function in the transfer market within the budget that he is working with.

It’s not Beale’s problem that the media often hook on to trivial comments taken out of context. And not his problem either that Ange is still being a greetin faced diva about it one month on.

I don’t disagree which is why I acknowledged they were correct. However, he faced similar disparity as other managers who have not mentioned it which is why I’m worried.

The I’ll advised is the fact that he used the word “lucky” which even although correct has given the media something to focus on and continue to ask about which has led to yesterdays ‘bigger club’ BS - now we’ll likely see return questions about Postecoglou saying Celtic are the biggest club in the country etc.

Like I said, don’t understand people who. Are happy and claiming some sort of victory about the evolving narrative since Beale made the original I’ll advised comment.

Net spend of £6m and he's a cheque book Charlie?

If we give the dame to Beale in the summer, is he a cheque book Charlie too?

Utter nonsense.
So what your saying is he benefitted from the Eduard, Christie and Ajer cash , some 30 odd million plus they had cash reserves to build a team?

I don’t disagree which is why I acknowledged they were correct. However, he faced similar disparity as other managers who have not mentioned it which is why I’m worried.

The I’ll advised is the fact that he used the word “lucky” which even although correct has given the media something to focus on and continue to ask about which has led to yesterdays ‘bigger club’ BS - now we’ll likely see return questions about Postecoglou saying Celtic are the biggest club in the country etc.

Like I said, don’t understand people who. Are happy and claiming some sort of victory about the evolving narrative since Beale made the original I’ll advised comment.

Are you really 'worried' about a comment that is not only the truth but has also clearly riled Celtics manager?

If so, maybe re-evaluate your priorities as that is a bizarre thing to let yourself be worried about, I'd say it's your 'worrying' that is ill advised.

He still gassing off about this? He's got a pretty thin skin for an obese chap.

It's eating him up. It was such a flippant comment made by Beale at the time too. He wasn't even having a pop at him over it either, he said he was a good coach and was lucky to be able to spend as freely as he does.

For some reason our fans are rushing to his defence by rambling on about 'net spend'. Which just further highlights the lucky comments, not many managers walk into a job, lose two players he'd barely even met and then get handed pretty much all of the money from those sales to reshape a squad entirely in his own image.

Can’t believe how many on here are giving it the same “but what about net spend” patter that the yahoos do.

Fat Ange has had a blank canvas. The money raised in his first season was all raised by selling players that were no use to him.

They didn’t want to be there and were no use to that sweaty jakeball, so he got a huge amount to spend, at no loss to him.

This is the first window where he sold players he brought in and then used money.

Can’t believe how many on here are giving it the same “but what about net spend” patter that the yahoos do.

Fat Ange has had a blank canvas. The money raised in his first season was all raised by selling players that were no use to him.

They didn’t want to be there and were no use to that sweaty jakeball, so he got a huge amount to spend, at no loss to him.

This is the first window where he sold players he brought in and then used money.
So basically the full back. The greek is still on the wage bill for now.

Last edited:
ANGE POSTECOGLOU couldn't resist firing a barb back in David Martindale's direction after the Livi boss said that the Celtic boss had the luxury of a budget '30 to 35 times' the one he has to play with.

Speaking in his own press conference today, Postecoglou couldn't resist firing a little barb back in Martindale's direction.
"I think he tells us that on a weekly basis, doesn't he?
"So there's no secret there.

Chequebook Charlie has everything going for him just now but seems to be very easily riled and lacks self control.
An Alex Ferguson type would rip him to shreds.

Back