Posters handing them points for their games in hand.

You need to manage expectations and consider best and worst case scenarios.

Imagine a business didn’t budget for potential overheads. Or if a football clubs spend was based on them selling every seat for every game. They’d soon get caught out.

Just be happy they are losing and we’re in a better position now than what we thought we would be a few months ago.

We’re about to win the league and there’s an argument going on about why people assumed they’d win their games in hand.

After all we’ve been through for the last ten years, why does people’s mathematics matter? Can we not just enjoy this?
I've posted on here a lot about our fans being bigger supporters of them than us. If they're 1-0 down, apparently they're definitely going to win despite it. If we're 1-0 down it's the scar tissue, it's the collapse they've been waiting for and whether it's lockdown or just 3 years of it, it's annoyed me a great deal this year despite how well we're doing to hear and read people exercising caution when they can't buy a win and we're over 20 points ahead because of their permanent state of being a miserable, negative loser.

There are literally examples like Kamara being unwilling to take the ball in Europe because of the incessant abuse from these apparent supporters. Their negativity poisons the atmosphere and although every player has the soundbite that football is nothing without fans, ours haven't really seemed to miss them at all. We laugh at some of their fans being 'broken' by us in the 90s but there's been evidence of the same thing happening to our supporters and I feel like a good metaphorical slap and telling them to stop behaving in that way is fully justified. As much as I'm sure they felt I needed reminders when we were behind despite saying the gap was obviously closing.

We could say gap is either 23,22 21 20 19 or 17 depending on what happens with their games in hand. Celtic could get 0 1 2 3 4 or 6 points from these games. The posters on here can award whatever amount of points they believe they will get it has no effect on what actually happens when game is played. If the poster said 6 but they get 4 that is a bonus. Complete non issue in my opinion and no harm in individuals having their own individual opinion.

I struggle with people counting goal difference as a point.

It is utterly irrelevant, unless we are tied on the final day when the full time whistle goes.

It doesn’t really count as a point, people get that, right? :)

In a hypothetical situation where we were 23 points ahead and we only had 7 games to play, but they had 2 games in hand over us so had 9 to play the league wouldn’t actually have been won yet.

I’ll always assume their games in hand are “wins” until they’re played therefore.

I mean why not? You get a wee bonus when they drop points rather than feel pissed off if they win.

It was great to find out the St Mirren result yesterday because I wasn’t expecting it, and I now see our points gap with them as having increased to 17 without us even having to play.

Always better to err on the side of caution. After all, the very reason we are laughing at them is their arrogant assumption that "10" was in the bag B-D

Back