Potential Alfie replacement next summer? Just my thoughts. No link involved.

ssblue

Jonathan David of Gent who are 2nd top in Belgium and top of their EL group.

Hear me out:

19 year old with 20 goals in 47 league games.

11 in 11 for Canada (Arfield connection).

Golden Boot at the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Linked with Southampton a couple of months ago (Ross Wilson connection?)

Just a suggestion.....

Prevljak of RB Salzburg,out of favour due to them having a ridiculous amount of attacking talent.Previously probably out of our price range but with the money we should now expect for Alfie and him falling down the pecking order somewhat perfectly do-able.24 year old with talent and room to improve under our coaching set-up and other striker Mr. Defoe.

@Grigo Yossarian I'll let you put our old friend in who's doing rather well for a Romanian outfit at present....

The club will certainly have a list. We can't afford any more duds / pay off types.

That's for sure but we are in a far better place as a club and will have to have faith in those involved in recruitment.

In the meantime enjoy Alfredo whilst he is here.

The club will certainly have a list. We can't afford any more duds / pay off types.

That's for sure but we are in a far better place as a club and will have to have faith in those involved in recruitment.

In the meantime enjoy Alfredo whilst he is here.
Part of me thinks we might need to sign two strikers when Alfie goes with Defoe probably inching closer to a coaching role at the same time.I doubt we could have a better man to help improve them than Defoe alongside the excellent work Beale and Co. are doing just now already.

Part of me thinks we might need to sign two strikers when Alfie goes with Defoe probably inching closer to a coaching role at the same time.I doubt we could have a better man to help improve them than Defoe alongside the excellent work Beale and Co. are doing just now already.
Im thinking that may happen also mate.

Yeah I agree. One younger more "project" player and one player more ready made.

Hear me out:

Just a suggestion.....

Seen him play a few times while watching Canada and was impressed. They have David and Davies the latter is with Bayern Munich and is absolutely rapid!

You can bet your bottom dollar this will be top of Ross Wilson's priority list given the likelihood of a Morelos bid in the next 2-6 months.

We need to be in a position to go after a replacement quickly should we sell Morelos in January.

Prevljak of RB Salzburg,out of favour due to them having a ridiculous amount of attacking talent.Previously probably out of our price range but with the money we should now expect for Alfie and him falling down the pecking order somewhat perfectly do-able.24 year old with talent and room to improve under our coaching set-up and other striker Mr. Defoe.

@Grigo Yossarian I'll let you put our old friend in who's doing rather well for a Romanian outfit at present....

Naughty boy Cav.

I’ve liked Elvir Koljic for a while, but I think we’ve missed the boat financially now.

Craiovia bought him for 450k euros & recently rejected a 5m bid from Zenit ( I think it was ).

Not so much of a value deal now. :mad:

Andraz Sporar (Slovan Bratislava).
or
Pape Moussa Konate (Amiens).
or
Jaroslaw Niezgoda (Legia Warsaw).
or
Marko Livaja (AEK Athens).
or
Ali Sowe (CSKA Sofia)

To name a few lol.

Special mention for Koljic but think he has an injury bug now not seen him play much for U.Craiova this season.

They rejected 5m for Koljic too DJ. Probably out of our league now ?

Who is that Austrian guy you & FN were mentioning mate ?

Naughty boy Cav.

I’ve liked Elvir Koljic for a while, but I think we’ve missed the boat financially now.

Craiovia bought him for 450k euros & recently rejected a 5m bid from Zenit ( I think it was ).

Not so much of a value deal now. :mad:
A bit like Ivanusec you liked who will also now be out of our price range given he's starring for a team in the CL.We weren't in a position financially to get these two in at the time we needed to,but when Alfie goes will be in a much stronger place in that respect going forward.

There are gems out there at times,and we certainly will have a stronger recuitment process in future than times gone by.

Hear me out:

Just a suggestion.....
Looking at transfermarkt, he is valued at 15 million, and our Alfie is only at half that. Make what you will of that...

A bit like Ivanusec you liked who will also now be out of our price range given he's starring for a team in the CL.We weren't in a position financially to get these two in at the time we needed to,but when Alfie goes will be in a much stronger place in that respect going forward.

There are gems out there at times,and we certainly will have a stronger recuitment process in future than times gone by.

Yes, to me Luke was exactly what we needed. A box to box midfielder who could shoot and had a touch too.

But we won’t get him now. 20yo and scoring a CL winning goal :mad:

Let’s hope with Alfie’s money we get two as you & Kilmarcus said. One of them a younger ‘project’ type. We’ve shown we can develop players that’s for sure.

Reactions: cav
Who is that Austrian guy you & FN were mentioning mate ?
Weismann mate but i was purely asking about him given his goals record in what is an ever improving league over there in Austria.18 goals in 20 games for Wolfsberger but for all I know he could be taking every penalty and free kick that's going to get that tally.
Still 23 years old Israeli who will only have a year left on his deal at his current club maybe worth some proper scouts taking a look you'd like to think.

Weismann mate but i was purely asking about him given his goals record in what is an ever improving league over there in Austria.18 goals in 20 games for Wolfsberger but for all I know he could be taking every penalty and free kick that's going to get that tally.
Still 23 years old Israeli who will only have a year left on his deal at his current club maybe worth some proper scouts taking a look you'd like to think.

Sounds like a perfect scenario. Austria has picked up & he’s a good age too. One year left so the price should be competitive ?

Will noise up the scum too :D

Within reason no-one is really out of our league due to the Stevie G factor.
For a young player, coming to a massively supported Club like Rangers with SG at the helm, it's got to be attractive. Anyone wanting to come and prove themselves could just down tools and demand a move, even if it's at a lower fee.
Some good players mentioned in the thread.
Ideally I'd like Alfie to shock everyone and say he's staying, get a proven talent in to replace Jermain and offer Jermain a position at the Club nurturing the youngsters and getting his coaching credentials.

As a loose rule of thumb of sorts, when Celtic sold Dembele for £20m they spent almost half of that on Eduoard.

Selling Morelos should allow us to do similarly: look at a higher calibre of replacement than we would have done ordinarily.

We certainly won’t be scouting more Finnish bargains with a million quid; it will likely be guys who are rated around the 7, 8 or 9 million pound mark.

That’s our whole model in action.

Within reason no-one is really out of our league due to the Stevie G factor.
For a young player, coming to a massively supported Club like Rangers with SG at the helm, it's got to be attractive. Anyone wanting to come and prove themselves could just down tools and demand a move, even if it's at a lower fee.
Some good players mentioned in the thread.
Ideally I'd like Alfie to shock everyone and say he's staying, get a proven talent in to replace Jermain and offer Jermain a position at the Club nurturing the youngsters and getting his coaching credentials.

Agree with your argument AL.

I guess when some say out of our league it’s in respect of fees the club would be wiling to pay ?

Even if we got 25-30m for Alfredo we still need to take a hefty element of that as profit, as well as paying HJK 2-3m.

Buy low sell high has to be our long term strategy.

As a loose rule of thumb of sorts, when Celtic sold Dembele for £20m they spent almost half of that on Eduoard.

Selling Morelos should allow us to do similarly: look at a higher calibre of replacement than we would have done ordinarily.

We certainly won’t be scouting more Finnish bargains with a million quid; it will likely be guys who are rated around the 7, 8 or 9 million pound mark.

I don’t think we’ll go that high on one player HH.

I’d be happy going 5-6 and then a young development guy for a couple of million that may be another Alfie.

I don’t think we’ll go that high on one player HH.

I’d be happy going 5-6 and then a young development guy for a couple of million that may be another Alfie.

Possibly not, but we’ve already spent £7m on Ryan Kent.

I get that a big chunk of it will be used to balance the books, and it should be - it needs to be - but we shouldn’t sell ourselves short on a replacement for Alfie.

You can see with the Yahoos that they were able to afford a quality replacement with the Dembele money.

I think we should be looking to do likewise.

Alternatively we look at guys in the last year of their contracts or free agents and pay them a higher salary, but we can’t afford to scrimp on quality.

Firstly you will never replace Alfredo Morelos (1m) The value of Alfredo is off the charts he is the best player in Scotland (easily and only 23) When you see the money spent on carthorses and donkeys these days it is very important if, we lose him it's got be for off the chart money.
Once the money is banked ( Barclays) and we have won the treble we can balance our books and seek another Alfredo MK2 ,lets not go out and blow our good fortune on players who cannot lace the Magical Alfredo's boots. It's a tough one but Magical player Alfredo Morelos can turn Rangers fortunes off and on the pitch this season.

Possibly not, but we’ve already spent £7m on Ryan Kent.

I get that a big chunk of it will be used to balance the books, and it should be - it needs to be - but we shouldn’t sell ourselves short on a replacement for Alfie.

You can see with the Yahoos that they were able to afford a quality replacement with the Dembele money.

I think we should be looking to do likewise.

Alternatively we look at guys in the last year of their contracts or free agents and pay them a higher salary, but we can’t afford to scrimp on quality.

100% agree mate.

Depends how much we sell Morelos but imo we need to be looking at £7m-£10m for the first choice replacement.

I wouldn’t go as high as you or HH ( because I’m a tight bar steward ) but I do agree with you both that we can’t compromise on quality. Alfie will be hard enough to replace.

We’ve had a lot of very good Bosman deals but even going to players with a year on their contracts could save millions relative to their normal selling price ?

I know that the Scottish Mhedia rattled out the £9 million for Eduoard for headlines mate,but there's been credible info. that the actual figure was in fact £5.8 million - And I'd expect when Alfie goes we would be able to operate in that financial market fwiw.

You can bet your bottom dollar this will be top of Ross Wilson's priority list given the likelihood of a Morelos bid in the next 2-6 months.

We need to be in a position to go after a replacement quickly should we sell Morelos in January.
I think Morelos will go in the summer and all parties have likely agreed to that.

I know that the Scottish Mhedia rattled out the £9 million for Eduoard for headlines mate,but there's been credible info. that the actual figure was in fact £5.8 million - And I'd expect when Alfie goes we would be able to operate in that financial market fwiw.
I’d agree with this. However the only thing I don’t want, us for our wage bill to spiral out of control like the Shettlestons. It’s a very tricky balancing act.

Weissman looks a scorer. Right, left, headed goals. 23yo so good age & only a year on his contract.

He relies on pace & movement but doesn’t have Alfie’s strength.

He would definitely score here but he likes to run behind teams, which might be a bit harder given the amount of teams that park the bus in Scotland. But his movement is good imo.

One I personally would consider Cav.

Back