Potential changes to Qatar 2022 world cup?

So, a whole round robin of pointless football matches. Well done FIFA.

The only change that's needed to that tournament is the host.

Nothing against all countries having a chance of hosting it but when it's confirmed it's because of bribery its a joke, let alone the majority of the footballing world will have to drastically reschedule for potentially years.

Its an absolute joke.

These are the guys that are supposed to be running the game, no wonder the SFA act the way they do.

The world cup is a summer tournament.

Qatar is unable to hold the world cup in the summer because of the intense heat.

Therefore they shouldnt be allowed to host it.

Of course as long as fifa got big fat envelopes stuffed with cash i guess thats all that matters.

Utterly corrupt and untouchable.

This, is Gianni infantino gerrymandering to try and get a Nobel peace prize. Seriously

Situation in the gulf just now is politically Qatar is a bit of a black sheep, no one wants to know them and in Saudi its a criminal offence to say anything positive about Qatar. Other countries in the region are unhappy Qatar getting all the attention (and £).

Infantino has an ego bigger than blatter (hard to believe) and one what better way to get it up your predecessor than to show the world that political conflict can be solved by the love and generosity of football (!!)

Or boycott it due to many deaths and injuries due to barbaric working conditions. If that doesn't grab you, how about corruption, bribes and greed?
That "state" and it's neighbours will never get a penny of my money.

It's fine the way it is , add another 16 teams so we can get more games like Iran v Togo?

Bigger doesn't mean better.

If Northern Ireland qualify I won't be there. Will just have to hope for 2026. This Qatar thing just isn't right. I am sick of petro states trying to buy prestige and legitimacy through football.

A back door admission that Qatar is too small to host the WC in the first place

And now the solution is a longer tournament causing even more disruption to the European leagues. Brilliant

The Russia World Cup was brilliant. Just can’t see it with this one. Imagine we make it, big screens showing the game in Glasgow green or somewhere in December! I don’t think so! England should have just given FIFA £1bn of that Sky money and just bought it!

The Russia World Cup was brilliant. Just can’t see it with this one. Imagine we make it, big screens showing the game in Glasgow green or somewhere in December! I don’t think so! England should have just given FIFA £1bn of that Sky money and just bought it!

I thought the Russian world Cup was going to be terrible and was glad to be proven wrong

This however just isn't right, a world cup in winter doesn't appeal to me one bit never mind inflating it with 16 more teams

The final being a month before christmas blows my mind, how are the gonna adjust every league and tournaments to fit this in, theyll be a knock on effect last years to get back to normal.

Crazy hosting it there.

If the top teams had any balls they would refuse to play in this WC.
I made this point when Qatar was chosen, country with no football pedigree whatsover. It is the equivalent of holding the World Skiing Championships in Coatbridge. If at least some of the big nations said, nah we are not playing in the winter during every league in worlds season including the Champions league just to appease a few Arab quadrillionaires then it would make a mockery of the World Cup and maybe people would sit up and take notice and do something about it. Doubt it.

Back