Potential Euro opponents

Syme

Who we might get in the Europa next season.

First Round

Some entrants are still to be confirmed but the top unseeded side at this stage is Estonian club Levadia Tallinn, Slovakian club’s Dunajska Streda,Slovan Bratislava and Ruzomberok. also in there. As are Shamrock Rovers and St Patrick's & Cliftonville.
Hungary's Honved Budapest have decent pedigree in Europe while KR Reykjavik and Bosnia's Siroki Brijeg - who held The Sheep at Pittodrie two years ago are other potential opponents.

Second qualifying round
If we are not seeded we will face
Wolves who are probably the strongest among the definite seeds Other sides in the seeded list at this stage include, Eintracht Frankfurt, who made it all the way to the semi final this season only to lose to Chelsea on penalties.
Legia Warsaw are in there as are Espanyol and Malmo who dumped Hivs last season.
Should we be seeded for the 2nd round then potential opponents include AEL Limassol of Cyprus or
Brann Bergen from Norway and Fola Esch from Luxembourg

Third qualifying round

The draw for the third qualifying round is made before the results of the second round are known. Twenty teams join at this stage after dropping out from the Champions League.
But only seven sides are confirmed for this stage so far - those being Sporting Braga, Feyenoord, Standard Liege, AEK Athens, FC Midtjylland, NK Rijeka and Bnei Yehuda.

So where do we all fancy visiting for our next euro adventure? I fancy

Cliftonville for a wee sash bash

Warsaw if we are not seeded for some Russian brass and vodka

Limossal for a bit of mid week sunshine

And Braga for the 3rd

Last edited:
Twenty teams join at this stage after dropping out from the Champions League

We won't face any teams dropping in from the Champions League. They have their own qualification path.

Our coefficient. It's at 5.25 which would have been enough to be seeded at that round last season.

I think we will be seeded.

Cheers. Hopefully our performance last season might help us in that regard (although I'm not sure if it works that way).

Club coefficient is upto the season before i.e 2018/19.
So it is just checked

89awiLX.jpg

Our coefficient. It's at 5.25 which would have been enough to be seeded at that round last season.

I think we will be seeded.

It'll be tight. The grid I've saw breaking down confirms those with a coefficient over 5.475 will be seeded and under 5 not seeded. Those in the middle it'll depend who else makes it and the draw.

It's really not certain if we'll be seeded this time unfortunately.

We won't face any teams dropping in from the Champions League. They have their own qualification path.

Non champions drop out from the CL qualifiers too from their QR2, the sides in that:

Basel/Olympiakos/PSV (seeded) v Viktoria Plzen/Istanbul Basaksehir/LASK Linz

So there is the potential to play these sides in the QR3 for the Europa (Istanbul/LASK unlikely as they have a co-efficient > 11.00).

Am I not right in saying we're fairly unlikely to be seeded for the second round?

If Hearts beat Celtic and prevent Aberdeen from getting in (who have a better co-efficient than us) then that would help massively.

Am I not right in saying we're fairly unlikely to be seeded for the second round?

If Hearts beat Celtic and prevent Aberdeen from getting in (who have a better co-efficient than us) then that would help massively.

We are touch and go for been seeded for QR2

Cheers. Hopefully our performance last season might help us in that regard (although I'm not sure if it works that way).

It does, our personal coefficient takes place immediately, its the country coefficient which doesn't come Into effect until the next season. Last season we were using the base coefficient because we hadn't accrued enough points to be higher than it. This season we are using our own.

I want a trip to Latvia / Estonia / Bosnia etc rather than a trip to ROI, NI or Wales. I can visit those places any time, I want a proper euro trip to a dump of a place in July.

Skopje was magic last year, would like something similar.

I want a trip to Latvia / Estonia / Bosnia etc rather than a trip to ROI, NI or Wales. I can visit those places any time, I want a proper euro trip to a dump of a place in July.

Skopje was magic last year, would like something similar.
Counterpoint is that NI/ROI/Wales is the easiest route of progression though.

It'll be tight. The grid I've saw breaking down confirms those with a coefficient over 5.475 will be seeded and under 5 not seeded. Those in the middle it'll depend who else makes it and the draw.

It's really not certain if we'll be seeded this time unfortunately.
Yep not sure at the moment but we aren't too far away from the 5.475. Hopefully just enough needed.

Plenty of seeded teams we can beat to be fair.

I often get absolute pelters for saying I want every Scottish club bar Celtic to get as far as possible in Europe.

THIS is why. Unseeded and drawing Eintracht Frankfurt in the second qualifying round ffs. We NEED to better our coefficient by many, many points
True but country coefficient isn't really that important any more in terms of seeding as we have a higher club coefficient than our country one.

What it does matter for is which round we enter in but will take time to have an effect.

Yep not sure at the moment but we aren't too far away from the 5.475. Hopefully just enough needed.

Plenty of seeded teams we can beat to be fair.
Absolutely. There are some good teams there, but there are also some utter haddies.

Seeded teams coef.
------------------------ --- ---------------- ------------------------ --- ----------------
Legia Warsaw * Pol 24.500 .
Eintracht Frankfurt Ger 24.000 .
Espanyol Esp 20.713 .
Malmö FF * Swe 20.000 .
Partizan Belgrade (*) Srb 18.000 .
Wolverhampton Wanderers Eng 17.092 .
EL3 Ita 14.945 - 81.000 .
Molde FK * Nor 13.500 .
Apollon Limassol * Cyp 12.000 .
RC Strasbourg Fra 11.699 .
AZ Alkmaar Ned 10.500
EL3 Rus 10.109 - 48.000
Vitória Guimarães Por 9.646
Dinamo Minsk * Bls 9.000
Vidi FC * Hun 9.000
Spartak Trnava * Svk 8.500
AEK Larnaca (*) Cyp 8.000
Hajduk Split (*) Cro 8.000
EL3 Bel 7.980
EL3 Ukr 7.780 - 11.500
EL3 Tur 6.920
EL3 Ned 6.486 - 7.000
EL3 Aut 6.250 - 23.500
Gabala FK Azb 6.250
Zalgiris Vilnius * Lit 6.000
EL2 Cze 5.735 - 35.500
EL3 Cze 5.735 - 9.000
Atromitos FC Gre 5.520
Aris Thessaloniki Gre 5.520

Looks like there are 8 undecided spots in round 2 right now (presuming that the seeded teams all win who are confirmed in round one) - think we have a decent chance of actually being seeded,

Is it another ‘regionalised’ draw this season?

Anyone know how they work out the regions? Because we were over in the arse end of Europe for the whole qualifying campaign. :D

Espanyol are the Unionist club in Barcelona.

We’ve got decent links with them. I sat next to a group of them at the Hibs game back in December 2015, they came over with the whole supporters club.

They were in absolute awe of the atmosphere that day too.
Was across a few years ago at a game and a few of us had Rangers tops on...what a recpetion we got. Very friendly bunch. The guy we spoke to organised the trip to Ibrox v hibs, sure he said his mum was from Milnagvie or something like that and he moved to Spain when he was 3.

If we aren’t seeded for round 2 it’s highly unlikely we will go any further in the competition . People need to expect a hard passage compared to last season .

I hope we get seeded as Europe still brings the excitement our domestic set up drains out of us .

Last year was a brilliant bonus and all credit to Gerrard and co.

It would be great money-wise if we were to make it again. But I want us concentrating 100% on the league next season.

A nice little quadruple wouldn’t go astray mind you

Is it another ‘regionalised’ draw this season?

Anyone know how they work out the regions? Because we were over in the arse end of Europe for the whole qualifying campaign. :D

UEFA state there no regionalised sections but sometimes they do work out that way.

If we aren’t seeded for round 2 it’s highly unlikely we will go any further in the competition . People need to expect a hard passage compared to last season .

I hope we get seeded as Europe still brings the excitement our domestic set up drains out of us .

We weren't seeded for the 2nd round this season ;)

It all depends on the draw, if we draw a low seed we'll be fine but if we drew one of the big teams we could have an early exit from Europe this season.

Just need to take it a round at a time and see what happens.

I fancy my chances if we're unseeded, We've proved we can mix it up in Europe, We should have beaten Villarreal twice, They were the best team in our group.

If a Wolves, Warsaw or Espanyol etc come our way then send them on, We fear no foe.

No Surrender.

There’s not a chance we’d beat wolves although I admire your bravado

I often get absolute pelters for saying I want every Scottish club bar Celtic to get as far as possible in Europe.

THIS is why. Unseeded and drawing Eintracht Frankfurt in the second qualifying round ffs. We NEED to better our coefficient by many, many points

Other teams make very little difference to our club coefficient.

Back