Potential Euro opponents

What are the other options should one result not go our way?
Hearts to win the cup final.

Or the ultra unlikely thing in Israel where Netanya have to beat Maccabi Haifa and Beer Sheva also have to lose by at least 3 more goals than what Netanya win by.

Hearts to win the cup final.

Or the ultra unlikely thing in Israel where Netanya have to beat Maccabi Haifa and Beer Sheva also have to lose by at least 3 more goals than what Netanya win by.

So really these two are our best chance? one of them lose and it's likely we're unseeded in R2.

So really these two are our best chance? one of them lose and it's likely we're unseeded in R2.
Yeah Ludogrets and Viitorul are definitely our best chance. Both will be favourites to do it. If Ludogrets don't win the title on Friday evening I'd be worried and suspect we will be unseeded.

So best case scenario is getting to Round 3 unseeded, Drawing Sparta Praha or Viktoria Pizeñ.

Taking there seed into the playoff and hope to avoid wolves

If not seeded then yes we could depends on which group UEFA put us in

We could have faced Sevilla or Burnley in QR2 this season

So what has to happen for us not to be seeded because that’s the kind of teams I want?

In Belgium it's still not 100% certain who gets the Europa League spots. Standard will likely be in the third qualifying round, the winner of a play off game this Sunday between Antwerp (my local team) and either Kortrijk/Charleroi will then get the second qualifying round spot. However if KV Mechelen get convicted for bribery and lose their Europa League spot (they won the cup so go straight into the groups) it all moves up. Standard then get automatic group qualification and the winner of the play off game gets the third qualifying spot. The loser of said play off final then gets the second qualifying round ticket.

Make sense ? :D

So what has to happen for us not to be seeded because that’s the kind of teams I want?

There is still a couple of issues both in Scotland and elsewhere should be clearer by the end of this weekend

Based on the current teams we are the last seeded team in QR2

Last edited:
In Belgium it's still not 100% certain who gets the Europa League spots. Standard will likely be in the third qualifying round, the winner of a play off game this Sunday between Antwerp (my local team) and either Kortrijk/Charleroi will then get the second qualifying round spot. However if KV Mechelen get convicted for bribery and lose their Europa League spot (they won the cup so go straight into the groups) it all moves up. Standard then get automatic group qualification and the winner of the play off game gets the third qualifying spot. The loser of said play off final then gets the second qualifying round ticket.

They would take on the country co-efficient as a minimum, which automatically trumps us unfortunately.

I would not give a flying if we go out first game. Our entire focus next year must be getting our #55 and stopping the scum chase for 10.
Europe can be a distraction in so many ways. Us out and them in would be to our advantage. YES there's the financial aspect but next season is MASSIVE. If we don't stop them getting 9 they will most likely get 10 IMHO.

We spent a night in Charleroi before going to Luxembourg last year, it was extremely quiet and not much in the way of pubs. Maybe we were just in the wrong area but we were only a few minutes walk from the station. Found it a very strange wee town.

We got chucked out the only pub we could find...:)

I would not give a flying if we go out first game. Our entire focus next year must be getting our #55 and stopping the scum chase for 10.
Europe can be a distraction in so many ways. Us out and them in would be to our advantage. YES there's the financial aspect but next season is MASSIVE. If we don't stop them getting 9 they will most likely get 10 IMHO.

I disagree. It's vital going forward that we qualify for the group stages of European competition every season. It's the main avenue to develop the team and improve the squad.

We shouldn't sacrifice that in order to stop their 9* in a row.

Totally agree

We spent a night in Charleroi before going to Luxembourg last year, it was extremely quiet and not much in the way of pubs. Maybe we were just in the wrong area but we were only a few minutes walk from the station. Found it a very strange wee town.

We got chucked out the only pub we could find...:)

It's a shithole :)

You're not gonna attract the players we need to win a title if you don't give a %^*& about European football.

Also what the actual %^*&.

Good luck to ludogarets , game is starting at 6pm uk time

Live on diema sport if anyone has access to Bulgarian channels

Back