Potential Euro opponents

A Q2 seeding would take a bit of pressure off in terms of giving us time to be up to speed before a big seed match.

Worst case of Q2 being unseeded.

Draw Eintracht Frankfurt in Q2

Draw gets done for Q3. We (Eintracht) are seeded and draw Gabala (Andy Hallidays old club)

We pull off the win against Eintracht and its onto Gabala

Draw gets done for Q4, our tie is then unseeded and we draw Roma.

We need to climb the mountain, twice.

Now that said. We were unseeded this season in Q2, landed lucky drawing a low seed and it panned out well, as per how I hope it goes this year below.

Being seeded for Q2 roughly means we would only have to beat a proper elite outfit once (and a middling outfit once, in Q3 / Q4 in any order as doing it in Q3 keeps the high seed for Q4)

The stuff folk that think too much, think about. But it panned out well last year so lets dream again.

Excuse me if I’m wrong

Scotland get 3 places in Europa
2 x 1st round
1 x 2nd Round

If hearts win cup then they go to second round as winners

If poets win then why are we not in second round as League Runners up?

Excuse me if I’m wrong

Scotland get 3 places in Europa
2 x 1st round
1 x 2nd Round

If hearts win cup then they go to second round as winners

If poets win then why are we not in second round as League Runners up?

Where the teams enter is based on where the country ranking place is for that season and that changes each season

Scotland were 23rd for 2018-19

Champions CL QR1
Cup Winners EL QR2
2nd EL QR1
3rd EL QR1

Scotland for 2019-20 drop to 26th

Champions CL QR1
Cup Winners EL QR1
2nd EL QR1
3rd EL QR1

It based on results upto to 2 seasons prior to the upcoming over a 5 season period

2013-14 to 2017-18

Last edited:
We should remember that seemingly ‘hard’ sides like Wolves come from leagues that normally treat the EL with disdain.

Look at Burnley last season. Only just got past Dolly. On paper they should have battered them.

So, Ludogorets winning the league and Hearts, Viitorul, or both M.Haifa and M.Netanya finishing ahead of Beer Sheva will open up that spot.

I've just had a look at that table. 1 game left (25th May)

2. Beer Sheva Pts 55 GD +6
3. M.Hafia Pts 55 GD +4
4. M.Netanya Pts 53 GD -1

M.Haifa and M.Netanya play each other :(
So we would require a 1-0 win for MN and a 0-4 defeat to BS for that to happen.:eek:

Think we can put that down as 'very unlikely'.

Last edited:
I've just had a look at that table. 1 game left (25th May)

2. Beer Sheva Pts 55 GD +6
3. M.Hafia Pts 55 GD +4
4. M.Netanya Pts 53 GD -1

M.Haifa and M.Netanya play each other :(
So we would require a 1-0 win for MN and a 0-4 defeat to BS for that to happen.:eek:

Think we can put that down as 'very unlikely'.

Ludogorets just need a win at home to win the Bulgarian league on Friday, so that should happen and no Bulgarian teams will take a seeded spot.

Celtic will most likely beat Hearts and Beer Sheva will finish second or third, so Aberdeen and them will take seeded positions.

So it all comes down to the Romanian cup final on saturday between Astra and Viitorul.

A viitorul win and we're seeded, an Astra win and we're unseeded.

Viitorul are favourites with the bookies.

Last edited:
Can’t agree with this.

How many of the sides mentioned would manage a score draw at Villarreal and a draw with same at home?

Every single side in these draws are hoping they don’t have to play us.
Wolves would wipe the floor with Villareal Espanyol finished 7th in La Liga this season Villareal finished 14th so they would and Eintract made it further in this Europa League season than Villareal did?

Ludogorets just need a win at home to win the Bulgarian league on Friday, so that should happen and no Bulgarian teams will take a seeded spot.

Celtic will most likely beat Hearts and Beer Sheva will finish second or third, so Aberdeen and them will take seeded positions.

So it all comes down to the Romanian cup final on saturday between Astra and Viitorul.

Yeah a Ludogrets win and a Viitorul win does us. We need both though. We will know by Saturday night.

I have a feeling about that :D

But I wont be starting a thread on it ;)

Question for the OP.

You state unequivocally that, ‘If we are not seeded we will face Wolves’

Is this an actual fact or just another example of horse shit passed off as fact?

Sorry, my auld heid struggles with Uefa draws, coefficients and stuff.

Last edited:
Being seeded for Q2 roughly means we would only have to beat a proper elite outfit once (and a middling outfit once, in Q3 / Q4 in any order as doing it in Q3 keeps the high seed for Q4)

The stuff folk that think too much, think about. But it panned out well last year so lets dream again.
That's not always the case. Happened to us with Maribor last year as that was the perfect draw. We drew a seeded team in round 3 (Maribor) who were also near the worst of the seeded teams in round 4 so we stole their seed. Quite possible to get a team which has a seeding which is good enough to be seeded for round 3 but not for round 4 so we'd have to be unseeded again.

I’ll rephrase , there’s always a chance but it’s unlikely . They’re a far better team .
Beaten by huddersfield (x2), cardiff and derby this season. They may or may not beat us if we cross swords, but spare us the pish that it's not possible or even likely.

Yeah a Ludogrets win and a Viitorul win does us. We need both though. We will know by Saturday night.
Technically on the Ludogorets side there are a few combinations that will work. Generally if they equal the outcome of the CSKA result or even if they lose, as long as it’s not by six goals or more and CSKA draw, that will be good enough for them. Then we just need Viitorul as well.

How good is it to be running all these European result scenarios again. I love the randomness of watching out for Bulgarian league and Romanian cup final results.

Question for the OP.

You state unequivocally that, ‘If we are not seeded we will face Wolves’
Is this an actual fact or just another example of horse shit passed off as fact?
It's obvious the OP has used the word 'will' instead of 'could'.
Well it was obvious to me.
For clarity: It isn't an actual fact we play Wolves.

Technically on the Ludogorets side there are a few combinations that will work. Generally if they equal the outcome of the CSKA result or even if they lose, as long as it’s not by six goals or more and CSKA draw, that will be good enough for them. Then we just need Viitorul as well.
It's based on head to head actually and Ludogrets have the advantage there so GD won't come into it.

If CSKA win their last game then Ludogrets have to win. Any other result for CSKA and the Ludogrets' result won't matter and they will win the title.

How good is it to be running all these European result scenarios again. I love the randomness of watching out for Bulgarian league and Romanian cup final results.
Aye it's class.

Bulgarian league last game at 6pm on Friday. Romanian Cup final at 6pm on Saturday.

It's based on head to head actually and Ludogrets have the advantage there so GD won't come into it.

If CSKA win their last game then Ludogrets have to win. Any other result for CSKA and the Ludogrets' result won't matter and they will win the title.

Aye it's class.

Bulgarian league last game at 6pm on Friday. Romanian Cup final at 6pm on Saturday.
I didn’t know that on the head to head, thanks for that.

I often get absolute pelters for saying I want every Scottish club bar Celtic to get as far as possible in Europe.

THIS is why. Unseeded and drawing Eintracht Frankfurt in the second qualifying round ffs. We NEED to better our coefficient by many, many points

Proven by the fact that Wolves who have been in Europe for maybe 2 seasons in 40 years will be seeded. It is actually ridiculous when you think about it. To make the point, Gretna FC have a more up to date European heritage than Wolves for heavens sake!

I’m a wolves fan as well and they are going on a preseason tour of china with them getting back 5 days before the 2nd round qualifier so not the greatest of conditions for them

Beaten by huddersfield (x2), cardiff and derby this season. They may or may not beat us if we cross swords, but spare us the pish that it's not possible or even likely.
Greg Docherty and 3rd division Shrewsbury took them to a replay did they not? Should have won the home tie IIRC
Remember Ince raving about him on MOTD,

It's obvious the OP has used the word 'will' instead of 'could'.
Well it was obvious to me.
For clarity: It isn't an actual fact we play Wolves.

I did think that on first read but then the thread went on to discuss how Wolves would cuff is or how we would cuff Wolves.

Thought I had missed some grouping/seeding nonsense that Uefa are famous for!

The draw is four weeks today, looking forward to seeing what sh*te hole we will be stoating about in during the summer :D

Back