Potential Hull City Friendly

Anyone know why the people of Hull are forced to use the same telecom company and can't use sky, bt, virgin etc

Alaways found that bizarre

1605-BE1-D-C84-C-4-DF2-82-BF-15430-FCBF178.jpg

Lived close to hull in beverley for 10 years nice people town centre a bit sparse and run down try princes ave behind the ground its good nice pubs. There is also a good well run RSC HULL LOYAL that i am sure would help with question ps only one good team in hull thats HULL KR

I went to a gig at the Hull stadium a few years ago, it's a good wee modern stadium. The town though is a shit hole.

Don't get the hate for a town in England.
Imagine their fans calling our place all the names. Hull will be a good day out for the Bears, and the Yorkshirites will be absolutely fine. %^*& me, half of Scotland is beyond help. Mainy shiteholes.

decent historic statue to which all the rangers fans will love and a local RSC plus loyal orders am sure

Decent night out in Hull. Not been back in 10 years but seemed a place decimated by the demise of fishing and heavy industry. Think they’ve regenerated a lot of it now since it was city of culture.

Is this the only away friendly in England rumoured for the Bears so far? Or has there been talk of anywhere else?

Last time i was in Hull was to watch Chelsea

My only memory of the game is getting a photo feeding a donkey enroute

Shitehole

Anyone know why the people of Hull are forced to use the same telecom company and can't use sky, bt, virgin etc

Alaways found that bizarre
Hull telephone exchange has always been independent and council resisted takeovers by the telephone companies arguing the telephone was not a Bell/Edison patent but part of the Telegraph Act 18?? Glasgow was one of the few that did the same funnily enough before selling out to the Post Office. The network is owned by KCOM and Hull City Council last time I checked. Also still have white telephone boxes.

Hull is alright. Stayed there for about 3 years and have worked down there a few times at Saltend and the new build biomass plant. Nightlife is pretty good and the stadium pretty accessible ( straight off the A63 @ West park) . If you are talking rough towns ,try Cleethorpes or Grimsby.

Last time I was in Hull, I was walking back from the bookies to my car on a Saturday lunchtime when a guy approached me and asked if I’d like to buy a litre bottle of whiskey. I declined

Hull is alright. Stayed there for about 3 years and have worked down there a few times at Saltend and the new build biomass plant. Nightlife is pretty good and the stadium pretty accessible ( straight off the A63 @ West park) . If you are talking rough towns ,try Cleethorpes or Grimsby.
Worked down Saltend aswell and thought Hull was bad but Grimsby takes it to a “hole” different level.

Don't get the hate for a town in England.
Imagine their fans calling our place all the names. Hull will be a good day out for the Bears, and the Yorkshirites will be absolutely fine. %^*& me, half of Scotland is beyond help. Mainy shiteholes.
Mate glasgows a shitehole as well am sure guys from hull will know it’s a dive.

According to Ready to Go messageboard (Sunderland)

6 to 12 July in Portugal

Rangers Sunderland Roma plus 1 other team

I like Hull fine. They've spent a load of money regenerating the marina down by the river and there are a load of great boozers. Town centre is a bit of a wasteland but that's true of most British towns and cities nowadays. Bloody long way from anywhere else, agreed.

Let's get Blackpool rearranged. Had a great couple of days down there last summer, place was full of Bears, weather was amazing.

Shame the game didn't go ahead.

Back