Potential opponents after Willem II

This makes the draw before games are played a farce... is that right that Aberdeen are basically treated as seeded if they beat Sporting? Surely a team in last 16 previous year should be seeded?

We were seeded having not won a euro tie in 7 years when we beat Maribor. That’s just how it works.

I'd love us to get Spurs, beat them and it'll open the EPL's eyes to the quality of our players and squad as well. I know the ultimate aim isn't finance, it's keeping our best players but if they see the likes of Alfie, Kent and Borna performing, the shitty offers we have been getting would be significantly higher you'd imagine.

This makes the draw before games are played a farce... is that right that Aberdeen are basically treated as seeded if they beat Sporting? Surely a team in last 16 previous year should be seeded?
Surely you don't have such a short memory that you forget that we have benefited from this exact system over the previous 2 seasons?

The draw is taking place before Round 3 has been played so this is the only way to work it.

If we get through the next two rounds it’ll be another fantastic feat for us.

In all honesty I’d happily give europe up this year to put every bit of effort into the league.

Ties I think are to be played on 1st October? Spurs have Man U away on that weekend. They may prioritise that game especially if their league form is poor.

Just to remind everyone these are the only teams that we can get...

Group 4
Seeded

1 Galatasaray (TUR) / Hajduk Split (CRO)
2 Shkëndija (MKD) / Tottenham (ENG)
3 Standard Liège (BEL) / Vojvodina (SRB)
4 APOEL (CYP) / Zrinjski (BIH)

Anyone but Spurs would do me and please God give us a home tie.

Spurs at Ibrox would be the ‘marquee’ tie, will be sort of gutted if we get them right enough as it would have been brilliant to go to that game with a capacity crowd watching on.

Anyway, bring it on, with the obvious caveat that we’ve got work to do next week first no matter who we get.

Just to remind everyone these are the only teams that we can get...

Group 4
Seeded

1 Galatasaray (TUR) / Hajduk Split (CRO)
2 Shkëndija (MKD) / Tottenham (ENG)
3 Standard Liège (BEL) / Vojvodina (SRB)
4 APOEL (CYP) / Zrinjski (BIH)

Anyone but Spurs would do me and please God give us a home tie.

Stating the obvious perhaps but surely home advantage in this scenario is nowhere near what it is in normal times.

2020 has been a c**t of a year . It is going to be Spurs and what should of been a 2 leg battle of Britain will be played without fans.

For years we have wanted some English opposition (preferably in a group stage) and it would be typical of this year for us now to draw Spurs and not have a great night with Ibrox rocking.

hope I am wrong and we get the easiest tie possible

Ties I think are to be played on 1st October? Spurs have Man U away on that weekend. They may prioritise that game especially if their league form is poor.
Spurs want to win the EL as they see it as the best chance to qualify for the CL next season.

Stating the obvious perhaps but surely home advantage in this scenario is nowhere near what it is in normal times.
Agree up to a point but I don't want us to face a very late night/ early hours journey back from Turkey on Friday morning before going to Murderwell for a 12 noon kickoff on the Sunday.

Edit.. Scratch that I'm getting mixed up, were in Holland before the Murderwell game.

Last edited:
Agree up to a point but I don't want us to face a very late night/ early hours journey back from Turkey on Friday morning before going to Murderwell for a 12 noon kickoff on the Sunday.

Edit.. Scratch that I'm getting mixed up, were in Holland before the Murderwell game.

Yeah, after the potential play off tie we will have a free weekend. Currently scheduled to play Ross County at Ibrox on the Friday night.

Avoid spurs, wolfsburg and besiktas.
I think we have a decent chance against the rest.
So long as we get past the Dutch team first.
Chances are they wouldn't of qualified for Europe had the league been played out to a finish?

Does anyone know how many points we are on?

Back