Potential opponents after Willem II

Which is fine. We’ve had straightforward draws the last two years in truth.

As long as we don’t disgrace ourselves, not really bothered about getting to the group stages this season.

If we were offered maximum points from Hibs away and Motherwell away now, we would take that over any European progression
Legia, champions of Poland?
Straightforward?
The Danish champions that I can never spell?
I think you’re underplaying our results and achievements last season.

As I've said before, cùnts that say "panty wetter" need strangled into fucking eternity with a pair of pished underpants.

I couldn't care less about what has been done previously. Every single team on that list presents a threat. Saying "we have beaten better teams before" counts for fùck all. What happened the season after we went to the uefa Cup final?
Not strangled but choked or suffocated.
Just so they know it’s wet panties that’s doing the business.

That’s not good. Spurs and Standard Liege are teams to avoid. Galatasaray finished 6th last season so they aren’t the Galatasaray of old. Obviously APOEL would be good.
I didn’t think Standard Liege were up to much these day, why do you think they should be avoided?

Legia, champions of Poland?
Straightforward?
The Danish champions that I can never spell?
I think you’re underplaying our results and achievements last season.

No, we did well to qualify. The danish champions certainly was tricky for that stage.

But yeah....for the play off round....UFA and Legia in consecutive seasons? We were fortunate there. Im not saying they were gimmes but compared to the other teams we could have faced.....we were practically jumping with joy when we got Legia.

Don't follow the ongoings at Spurs much but surely they have the same core of players that played in a champs league final 2 seasons back?

I would of fancied us at home to Spurs with a crowd, without? Hmm.

APOEL at home would be good.

And, from the evidence of the first 7...all 31 will be crucial.

We really aren’t in a position in this title fight where we can be bartering away league points for Europe.

We only need to draw one game before then, and if you lose that old firm game then suddenly you’re chasing. Again. We do not want to be 5 points behind in mid October

It won’t be a popular viewpoint but I can’t help agreeing. Gerrard has surely exceeded the financial expectations of the board with a group stage and a last 16 in the last two years - has he theoretically managed to afford himself a year of no group stage football?

I appreciate it’s about a lot more than money, but you just need to look at Leicester and Chelsea down south in recent years to see how no European games helped them.

Nobody knows what’s happening with COVID, but as the poster above says, we can’t really afford to be a handful of points behind at any point and the last two seasons suggest that the extra European games contribute to our post-break fatigue.

This makes the draw before games are played a farce... is that right that Aberdeen are basically treated as seeded if they beat Sporting? Surely a team in last 16 previous year should be seeded?

I’d take any of Galatasaray, Standard Liège or Apoel but preferably at home. Spurs home or away gives us little hope unfortunately as I think last night was the kick up the arse they needed.

You're right but it doesnt exactly work like some sort of trade where you can sell league points for wins in Europe. We could lose to Motherwell Hibs and Willem II. Or we could win all 3 then win the playoff.

Yes, I get that. If we win all 3, great.

Im just not going to get too worked up about Europe this season. If we go down 1-0 against the Dutch or whoever else in the next round, I shan’t be participating in the hysteria and gnashing of teeth this year.

One legged ties? What a bonkers year this is. If you just stop and consider how grossly unfair that is for one second....If we happen to lose one of them we can shrug our shoulders and move on. It can happen.

There’s just a far bigger picture to focus on. Wouldn’t it be nice to be playing in CL qualifiers via the Champions route next season ?

I'd fancy us to give any of them a game at Ibrox, but ideally we draw the Cypriots. From a selfish point of view I'd hate to miss out on a trip to Gala.

This makes the draw before games are played a farce... is that right that Aberdeen are basically treated as seeded if they beat Sporting? Surely a team in last 16 previous year should be seeded?
It worked in our favour 2 tears ago when we
Beat Maribor and played the unseeded team next.

As long as we don’t get spurs or Galatasaray away we have a decent chance. Home to Apoel or Liege would be the preference and we must be due a home draw

I didn’t think Standard Liege were up to much these day, why do you think they should be avoided?
Actually I hadn’t checked where they finished last season and you are right, they finished 5th. Top end of the Belgian league just tend to have good players.

Rangers v Tottenham at Ibrox in a one off game would be up there with the best atmosphere you could ask for. Fucking Covid

I think we will get Galatasaray away.

Then there will be the huge build up of Falcao v Morelos In “the future v the best columbian striker”

Just have a feeling!

Also see they have Ryan Babel - how’s he only 33 I’m sure he’s been about since champ man 2001/2002!

I think if Spurs beat Leyton Orient in the Carabao cup on Tuesday they would be playing Chelsea or Barnsley the Tuesday before a potential tie against us on the Thursday.

I think we will get Galatasaray away.

Then there will be the huge build up of Falcao v Morelos In “the future v the best columbian striker”

Just have a feeling!

Also see they have Ryan Babel - how’s he only 33 I’m sure he’s been about since champ man 2001/2002!

Gutted if we get them. Istanbul was a great trip before Bursa in 2010. Would love to go back.

Back