(Potential) Rangers Supporters Club Manchester

Genuinely, is that right?

Know all about the Chelsea thing and bla bla bla....

But City aye?
Watched a Man City vs Newcastle game years ago on sky and there was a city fan with a purple uvf flag waving it about. Not football related I know but sort of told me where there fans loyalties are when it comes to us and them.

They sell them at the ground and Rangers scarves.

City actually asked their fans to stop singing Rangers songs at the away games as some City fans were moaning there were more Rangers songs than city ones.

There is also a reason the play in that shade of Blue.

We drink in the city Centre but meet boys we know in Mary Ds before the games. As soon as you say your Rangers your fine.

Celtic are hated by most English clubs and certainly in Manchester for obvious reasons
Footballs weird at times

With the connections between scum coupled with rumours city group might invest in them

Would be weird how that plays out

Went to a Stockport game a while back, and they were singing a song to the tune of The Sash.

It's forever being beautiful
And the colour's white and blue
I wore it proudly 'round my neck
At Chesterfield & Crewe
My father was a County fan
Like my grandfather before
And at Edgeley Park I love to wear
The scarf my father wore.

Never heard a thing since the initial posts.

A fair few of the former Stockport True Blues are now regulars on the NW Avanti Loyal out of Preston along with the rest of us.
The Stockport lads had a 70 seater up for the Hamburg game in the summer m8 and visited us in the unit.

Footballs weird at times

With the connections between scum coupled with rumours city group might invest in them

Would be weird how that plays out
Very different down south tbf.

In Scotland football can be seen as far more than just the club you support. People will straight away presume your religion/politics/beliefs based on who you support :D

Met a Forest fan on holiday last year and he was quite relieved when I told him I was Rangers after him hearing my Glasgow accent. He said all Forest prefer us to them because we identify with the same flag.
I had the same with a hull fan a few years ago in salou. ( minus the weegie accent lol). Hated the filth with a passion I got on well with him as it happens.

Very different down south tbf.

In Scotland football can be seen as far more than just the club you support. People will straight away presume your religion/politics/beliefs based on who you support :D

I actually find this more in England weirdly enough. In Scotland we're all pretty clued up about it all and most people know people from the other side from all backgrounds etc, in England a lot of the younger/more ignorant fans especially up North see Rangers fans as "Tories", Celtic fans as all loving the IRA (probably more truth in that one) and nothing much inbetween.

I was working in Liverpool late 80’s and drove across to see a City v Everton midweek game. At the end of the game City we’re calling them all the FB’s under the sun. I can’t even remember the score, only thing I recall is thunder and lightning all the way back to Liverpool on the M62.

I’m in Stockport/Manchester quite a lot with work, would be great if there was a place known to show our games and people would congregate. Bask in Stockport would be brilliant, right by the train station, good beers, a nice looking modern place, and I know they welcome the County fans pre and post match.

I’m in Stockport/Manchester quite a lot with work, would be great if there was a place known to show our games and people would congregate. Bask in Stockport would be brilliant, right by the train station, good beers, a nice looking modern place, and I know they welcome the County fans pre and post match.
The owners of bask wouldn't allow that unfortunately. Big Aberdeen fan. I know some rangers fans drink in the Alexandra in Edgeley but it's a bit far from the station

The owners of bask wouldn't allow that unfortunately. Big Aberdeen fan. I know some rangers fans drink in the Alexandra in Edgeley but it's a bit far from the station
That’s a bit random he’s an Aberdeen fan! He’s not Scottish is he? That’s ruined my favourite haunt when I’m in Stockport! Ha ha.
I’ve been in the Seven Oaks in Chinatown in Manchester for a couple of midweek games when I’ve been down. Nice old fashioned place. Boy that served me was one of them though, so again, doubt it would be willing to be a ‘Rangers place’.

I'm no pub landlord but surely they would increase business if they advertised themselves as a rangers bar and showed games.

I suppose maybe they don't want that.
If it was viable I'm sure they'd do it.
Putting sky into a pub is extortionate.
Area pub is in (industrial units) had plenty of drinkers at lunch and after work back in the day - it's now mostly Asian businesses there.

They have a loyal local base and do great things for the ABOD, Blacks & Orange Order.

If it was viable I'm sure they'd do it.
Putting sky into a pub is extortionate.
Area pub is in (industrial units) had plenty of drinkers at lunch and after work back in the day - it's now mostly Asian businesses there.

They have a loyal local base and do great things for the ABOD, Blacks & Orange Order.
Yeah realise it's in the middle of nowhere. It's good to see it's still going.

Maybe they can attract some of the pilled up youngsters from the white hotel!? Haha

That’s a bit random he’s an Aberdeen fan! He’s not Scottish is he? That’s ruined my favourite haunt when I’m in Stockport! Ha ha.
I’ve been in the Seven Oaks in Chinatown in Manchester for a couple of midweek games when I’ve been down. Nice old fashioned place. Boy that served me was one of them though, so again, doubt it would be willing to be a ‘Rangers place’.
Yeah it's that DJ Gareth brooks from xfm. Lived in Aberdeen for a bit I believe. Going by his twitter he's no fan of us

Bumping this on the off chance there's anyone who knows of a Rangers bar in the Manchester area for Sunday? Long shot I know..
None mate. No EPL games so pubs will show it
Palatine doesn’t have Sky so won’t show it.
Waldorf in town or a few places in Printworks. But you are open to earls maybe being in them.

Took the wee man to a city game earlier in the season.
Walked in to a pub at piccadilly for spme scran and there was a guy fan sitting with a half city half Rangers bobble hat.
Cool story and aw that
Half and half merch should be made illegal, it breaches that stupid hate crime law the tossers brought in today.

Met a posse of Leeds Utd fans on holiday, and to a man, all despised the bheasts, and were more fond of the good guys. All seemed good lads.

Bumping this on the off chance there's anyone who knows of a Rangers bar in the Manchester area for Sunday? Long shot I know..
We usually go to tib street for games. Usually a decent number of bears in and every time I've been there they've prioritised Rangers ahead of any game for commentary.

Never been there for an old firm though. Gonna go to Wirral RSC for a proper sash bash

Back