Potential Squad - looking good with lot's of options and adaptability.

King_Kais_Da

W. Foderingham 27 (Happy enough with all our GK options)
J. Alnwick 24
L. Kelly 21

J. Tavernier 26 (He's been our best player out with Morelos this year. Most improved in his defensive duties. However, if he won't sign a new contract we should cash in)
L. Hodson 26 (Would like an upgrade.)

L. Wallace 30 (Legend that stayed when others walked. Hope he can find some form again after injury)
D. John 22 (Started to show some defensive qualities that we hadn't seen yet against Celtic. Great potential for further development)

D. Wilson 26 (If new contract is signed)
D. Bates 21 (If new contract is signed)
R. McCrorie 19 (Future captain, glad he signed longer deal)
F. Cardoso 23 (Hope we keep him, best years ahead and I think he has great potential)
B. Alves 36 (Hope we keep him, although he hasn't hit the heights we expected his injuries have kind of hampered him and I think he could be instrumental in helping develop our younger centre halfs)
R. Martin 32 (TBC - not overly bothered if this one goes through or not if we keep Alves and Cardoso - think he is the experienced head we like to have at the back if Alves injury problems continue)

R. Jack 25 (Been solid enough, looks even better when McCrorie is behind him in midfield)
G. Dorrans 30 (Think he will thrive with some new blood around)
G. Docherty 21 (TBC - really hope this happens always been impressed by him. Great drive and energy)
J. Holt 24 (Fantastic squad player to have around. Always been a fan of his energy)
A. Halliday 26 (Will have a point to prove and has looked okay in the Florida games, bleeds blue and a great squad player that can fill in at multiple positions)
S. Goss 22 (Great start in Florida, great option for DM. Frees McCrorie up to go back to CH)
J. Rossiter 20 (Not sure if it'll ever work out for him. But I hope we continue to support his recovery and if he ever gets over his problems we have a gem here)

D. Candeias 29 (Love the wee man, hope he stays long term)
J. Windass 24 (Coming onto a game when played centrally and not nearly as bad on the wing as is made out sometimes)
J. Murphy 28 (Will provide the same energy and drive on the left as Candeias does on the right. Hope it works out and he becomes a fan favourite)
J. Jones 23 (TBC - sub $500K I'll take him for wing cover. Any more than that and we walk away)
M. O’Hallaran 27 (Think he will be gone eventually)
J. Dodoo 22 (Think he will end up going too)

A. Morelos 21 (Best signing in a long time. Will get better and better. Can't wait to see him next season after a proper break)
J. Cummings 22 (Gallus bampot. But he will be our gallus bampot. I love this signing. We haven't had someone with that kind of swagger in a while. Think he will thrive in big games and the rest of the team can feed of his attitude.)

Herrera will likely be sold. Miller, Krancjar, Hardie contracts run down and Dalcio returns to parent club.

The above could be our squad for next season.

While I know we won't keep everyone on this list it does have potential and building blocks to be a really good squad for years to come. 28 players total. Lot’s of cover for each position. Tactical flexibility. Average age of 24.

I think we’d probably get rid of a couple of these guys though and I’d like to see one more striker and another number 10 type signed. I still feel real creativity would be the weak point within this squad.

If we can get the 3 rumours over the line - Martin, Jones and Docherty - we are looking pretty damn good.

This is before we even touch on the rumours of pre contracts for MacLean at the sheep and Robert from WBA.

Onwards and upwards Rangers! If we can find the consistency we've been lacking and those bastards drop a couple of points early in the 2nd half of the season I have a feeling we could be in for a interesting end to the season. Here's hoping.

WATP.

Last edited:
I'm finally looking at a squad that I can just about imagine lifting the SPFL trophy. Provided we get a good cup run and a solid second place finish by May, I'd say we'd only be on the lookout for four or so real quality signings over the summer. The days of the eight or nine plus squad overhauls are hopefully behind us.

If all sign and all perform it'll be an absolute headache for murty each week picking the starting 11. Good problem to have I suppose.

Starting to assemble a very solid looking squad.

W. Foderingham 27 (Happy enough with all our GK options)
J. Alnwick 24
L. Kelly 21

J. Tavernier 26 (He's been our best player out with Morelos this year. Most improved in his defensive duties. However, if he won't sign a new contract we should cash in)
L. Hodson 26 (Would like an upgrade.)

L. Wallace 30 (Legend that stayed when others walked. Hope he can find some form again after injury)
D. John 22 (Started to show some defensive qualities that we hadn't seen yet against Celtic. Great potential for further development)

D. Wilson 26 (If new contract is signed)
D. Bates 21 (If new contract is signed)
R. McCrorie 19 (Future captain, glad he signed longer deal)
F. Cardoso 23 (Hope we keep him, best years ahead and I think he has great potential)
B. Alves 36 (Hope we keep him, although he hasn't hit the heights we expected his injuries have kind of hampered him and I think he could be instrumental in helping develop our younger centre halfs)
R. Martin 32 (TBC - not overly bothered if this one goes through or not if we keep Alves and Cardoso - think he is the experienced head we like to have at the back if Alves injury problems continue)

R. Jack 25 (Been solid enough, looks even better when McCrorie is behind him in midfield)
G. Dorrans 30 (Think he will thrive with some new blood around)
G. Docherty 21 (TBC - really hope this happens always been impressed by him. Great drive and energy)
J. Holt 24 (Fantastic squad player to have around. Always been a fan of his energy)
A. Halliday 26 (Will have a point to prove and has looked okay in the Florida games, bleeds blue and a great squad player that can fill in at multiple positions)
S. Goss 22 (Great start in Florida, great option for DM. Frees McCrorie up to go back to CH)
J. Rossiter 20 (Not sure if it'll ever work out for him. But I hope we continue to support his recovery and if he ever gets over his problems we have a gem here)

D. Candeias 29 (Love the wee man, hope he stays long term)
J. Windass 24 (Coming onto a game when played centrally and not nearly as bad on the wing as is made out sometimes)
J. Murphy 28 (Will provide the same energy and drive on the left as Candeias does on the right. Hope it works out and he becomes a fan favourite)
J. Jones 23 (TBC - sub $500K I'll take him for wing cover. Any more than that and we walk away)
M. O’Hallaran 27 (Think he will be gone eventually)
J. Dodoo 22 (Think he will end up going too)

A. Morelos 21 (Best signing in a long time. Will get better and better. Can't wait to see him next season after a proper break)
J. Cummings 22 (Gallus bampot. But he will be our gallus bampot. I love this signing. We haven't had someone with that kind of swagger in a while. Think he will thrive in big games and the rest of the team can feed of his attitude.)

Herrera will likely be sold. Miller, Krancjar, Hardie contracts run down and Dalcio returns to parent club.

The above could be our squad for next season.

While I know we won't keep everyone on this list it does have potential and building blocks to be a really good squad for years to come. 28 players total. Lot’s of cover for each position. Tactical flexibility. Average age of 24.

I think we’d probably get rid of a couple of these guys though and I’d like to see one more striker and another number 10 type signed. I still feel real creativity would be the weak point within this squad.

If we can get the 3 rumours over the line - Martin, Jones and Docherty - we are looking pretty damn good.

This is before we even touch on the rumours of pre contracts for MacLean at the sheep and Robert from WBA.

Onwards and upwards Rangers! If we can find the consistency we've been lacking and those bastards drop a couple of points early in the 2nd half of the season I have a feeling we could be in for a interesting end to the season. Here's hoping.

WATP.

That's a good assessment mate.

The only issue I have is regarding Martin.

Not one of our central defenders has shown any great consistency.

They've all had very good games, but equally they've all had poor ones.

If he could stay fit, Bruno is the best by a distance, but clearly Murty and Allen have identified the inconsistency in this position and that's why Martin is being signed.

This should stop us losing cheap goals against lesser opposition through a lack of concentration.

We've then got a squad to seriously compete imo.

Agree with nearly all that buddy.Murphy and Cummings will draw fouls in dangerous areas that Goss can make pay.
Hope we get Savilles in the cup,as they are running scared for a change.Based on the Timmy’s I know

Agree with nearly all that buddy.Murphy and Cummings will draw fouls in dangerous areas that Goss can make pay.
Hope we get Savilles in the cup,as they are running scared for a change.Based on the Timmy’s I know
So they should be. Their forwards aren’t on the form they were last season, and our performance in the 0-0 shows they don’t like it up them.

Dalcio might have a part to play after Florida
i'd be leaning to having him in the squad over MoH

If Morales keeps up his form I can't see us keeping hold of him. I agree Miller, Krankjar, Herrera, Dalcio will probably be away in the summer (if not before), and Alves and Hodson may also be for the off. Even then we still have two very good choices for each position.

Got to admit I like the way the squad is shaping up.
I like to look at cover for each position and we seem to be heading in the right durection there as well.

GK ... Foderingham, Kelly, Alnwick, McCrorie.
RB ... Tavernier, McCrorie, Hodson (!)
CB ... Alves, Cardoso, Wilson, Bates, McCrorie, A.Wilson.
LB ... Wallace, John, Halliday.
DM ... McCrorie, Jack, Halliday.
RM ... (if we have one) Candieas,
CM ... Dorrans, Jack, Goss, Holt, Halliday, Kranjkar
LM ... (if we have one) Murphy, John
1o .... Windass, Dorrans, Holt, Halliday, Miller
CF ... Morelos, Cummings, Herrera, Hardie, Atakayi, Miller.
This all based on my 4-1-3-2 formation that fits in two strikers, and a ten, but relies on the full backs for the width.

That's a good assessment mate.

The only issue I have is regarding Martin.

Not one of our central defenders has shown any great consistency.

They've all had very good games, but equally they've all had poor ones.

If he could stay fit, Bruno is the best by a distance, but clearly Murty and Allen have identified the inconsistency in this position and that's why Martin is being signed.

This should stop us losing cheap goals against lesser opposition through a lack of concentration.

We've then got a squad to seriously compete imo.

That’s a good point about Martin and you’re probably right about why he’s been targeted.

Martin being brought in probably points to one or both the Portuguese being moved on.
Probably be a late in the window effort to get rid of them but.

Martin being brought in probably points to one or both the Portuguese being moved on.
Probably be a late in the window effort to get rid of them but.

I think that's fair. Most likely Alves I would imagine and Martin fills that experienced head type role. I'm actually pretty keen to keep hold of Cardoso. I see huge potential there. But we shall see. Either way I'm pretty happy with our business so far this window. Get Docherty over the line and I'll be over the moon.

Last edited:
Surprised we don't have a decent right back around the 18-20 age that could cover Tav. I think football today demands pace and energy more than experience in the full back positions.

Got to admit I like the way the squad is shaping up.
I like to look at cover for each position and we seem to be heading in the right durection there as well.

GK ... Foderingham, Kelly, Alnwick, McCrorie.
RB ... Tavernier, McCrorie, Hodson (!)
CB ... Alves, Cardoso, Wilson, Bates, McCrorie, A.Wilson.
LB ... Wallace, John, Halliday.
DM ... McCrorie, Jack, Halliday.
RM ... (if we have one) Candieas,
CM ... Dorrans, Jack, Goss, Holt, Halliday, Kranjkar
LM ... (if we have one) Murphy, John
1o .... Windass, Dorrans, Holt, Halliday, Miller
CF ... Morelos, Cummings, Herrera, Hardie, Atakayi, Miller.
This all based on my 4-1-3-2 formation that fits in two strikers, and a ten, but relies on the full backs for the width.

Atakayi is more of a attacking winger. Could play on either side. Also, you've left out the best of the lot... the Dalcio! Shame on you!

Back