Potential weekly Ibrox crowd size?

Gordonek

What do we think is the potential crowd size we could achieve, for weekly SPFL league games, if Ibrox could hold as many as would want to go?... as much as 80,000?

I’d go to maybe 65,000 at the very most with 60,000 probably being more sensible.
We could, undoubtedly, get more for the biggest games like the scum and Europe but there has to be a point where it is still a requirement to buy a season ticket.
Much more than this and everybody who wanted to see the Kilmarnock game or the Motherwell game, pretty much any game out with Celtic games or those at the end of the season when league clinchers are on the cards, would be able to turn up on the day, pick and choose games even.

We could sell tickets for part of the game. For example, ticket for first 70 for subway loyal at full price. Then re-sell the same seats for last 20 mins to Ibrox/ Govan residents for reduced pro-rata amount. That way the club make 110% off a seat!!!
Btw---only joking!

I’d go to maybe 65,000 at the very most with 60,000 probably being more sensible.
We could, undoubtedly, get more for the biggest games like the scum and Europe but there has to be a point where it is still a requirement to buy a season ticket.
Much more than this and everybody who wanted to see the Kilmarnock game or the Motherwell game, pretty much any game out with Celtic games or those at the end of the season when league clinchers are on the cards, would be able to turn up on the day, pick and choose games even.
Good point. I think we’d buy season tickets in the short term, but as years go by a lot of people might start buying individual games which would make income more unpredictable.

We could sell tickets for part of the game. For example, ticket for first 70 for subway loyal at full price. Then re-sell the same seats for last 20 mins to Ibrox/ Govan residents for reduced pro-rata amount. That way the club make 110% off a seat!!!
Btw---only joking!
Subway loyal are to thank for my ‘in match’ seat upgrades in the club deck

Back