PPV available for Rangers League Homes 2020/21 season within the UK

rangeral

Hadn’t seen this, good news for myself up here in Harris. I wonder if they wanted to let clubs maximise season tickets before announcing?

This is going to be an interesting trial for the future.

I hope that in a post covid world this kind of access is the norm. It’s madness in Britain in 2020 that any football fan could face a situation where their team are playing and beyond being at the game there is no way to legally watch (unless it’s on sky or BT)

Yeah you are right. It is crazy. If Covid has proved one in football it is the game needs fans in stadiums.

Therefore the previous assumption that putting games on TV would affect crowds is surely done. It would also increase crowds at games if they were at a more reasonable time instead of suiting the TV schedule

There is a possibility that we might not be any worse off if enough people buy single games to watch on RTV. When you take away the expenses of police/stewarding etc that won't be needed we may be alright

I wonder if they'll have to charge a fair bit for PPV due to the fact we're selling season tickets based on the usual price, can see it being £30 a pop or similar.

I wonder if they'll have to charge a fair bit for PPV due to the fact we're selling season tickets based on the usual price, can see it being £30 a pop or similar.

No chance

£10 - £15 tops. No way can they charge actual ticket prices for watching at home. Like it or not, football clubs will be forced to take the hit due to the guidelines just now.

£30 a game ? Last year I paid £17.25 per month and that got me every single game gone or away .

I pay the smaller monthly RTV membership and I just purchase any game that I cant make as a one off and its usually £7.99 so would this not just remain the case?

No chance

£10 - £15 tops. No way can they charge actual ticket prices for watching at home. Like it or not, football clubs will be forced to take the hit due to the guidelines just now.

That is what season ticket holder are being charged, I can't see how they'd justify charging basically full admission fee for ST holders but sell the game much cheaper to others, at least temporarily until punters are allowed back in.

No chance

Then its hard to justify that season tickets are full price surely? We're paying circa £28 a match for RTV access. I don't mean for the whole season but I think there will be a hike temporarily whilst punters aren't getting in.

I would like to know that too,both myself and my son have season tickets,im assuming logins will just get sent to your email nearer the time??
They've not released all the details but would assume that's what will happen.Lots of information was on the clubs website last month.

Then its hard to justify that season tickets are full price surely? We're paying circa £28 a match for RTV access. I don't mean for the whole season but I think there will be a hike temporarily whilst punters aren't getting in.

It's not

ST renewals more or less knew what they were getting into with renewing, that there would be highly likely scenario where they could not attend and even before confirmed it was muted that their would be some sort of streaming services for ST customers.

The idea (am sure) was if you want to renew, you do so at your own peril, with money going to the club.

This is a golden opportunity for the club and maybe this could open the gate to getting rid of the blocking coverage of 3 o clock kick off’s for bears in the UK&ROI.its a potential gold mine for the club.its getting increasingly harder to get into Ibrox to see a game due the huge season ticket sales we hav.

Either the SPFL will set the price or the clubs will be allowed to do so that why I think will be the case in the OP reading the rules on PPV

The EFL allow clubs to stream games within the UK subject to broadcast restrictions for £10 a game, they set that price

Those broadcast restriction are that the game is on Sky Sports or is a Saturday 3pm game which currently there is no blocked hours in operation

I don’t think it will be any more than a tenner. If the EPL starts 20/21 BCH no doubt Sky and co will be showing games left, right and centre so people won’t pay silly prices if free football is on offer as an alternative

I don’t think it will be any more than a tenner. If the EPL starts 20/21 BCH no doubt Sky and co will be showing games left, right and centre so people won’t pay silly prices if free football is on offer as an alternative
They charged a tenner for a friendly vs Helsinki last year it will probably be £20.

I was hoping the RTV app would appear on my sky box
Like Netflix or f Disney

Maybe help

But not sure that would work ,i just like the idea

Is there any reason that both the RTV subscription options mention no live videos, which I presume means no live matches? Is it because I live in the UK?

I thought clubs were restricted, for sale online, to the number of season tickets sold in our case something like 46,000.

This is a golden opportunity for the club and maybe this could open the gate to getting rid of the blocking coverage of 3 o clock kick off’s for bears in the UK&ROI.its a potential gold mine for the club.its getting increasingly harder to get into Ibrox to see a game due the huge season ticket sales we hav.
Still blocks us showing any home game that is being shown on Sky.

The SPFL wont allow it long term as they know us and them would get the benefit of our drawing power and the coathangers would get nowt

No chance

£30 a game ? Last year I paid £17.25 per month and that got me every single game gone or away .

£30 isn't too far fetched. The £17.25 p.c.m. was amended at the end of last season to £24 p.c.m. And it should also be noted that an 'all in' overseas monthly package no longer exists on the RTV site preferring instead 3 options. £6 p.c.m. standard, its non discounted annual sub, and the 'all in' package at £240 annual.

£30 isn't too far fetched. The £17.25 p.c.m. was amended at the end of last season to £24 p.c.m. And it should also be noted that an 'all in' overseas monthly package no longer exists on the RTV site preferring instead 3 options. £6 p.c.m. standard, its non discounted annual sub, and the 'all in' package at £240 annual.
I am still paying 17.25 per month for the unlimited package.only got the receipt for it the other day.

I am still paying 17.25 per month for the unlimited package.only got the receipt for it the other day.

Prior to the site update the Club had been tardy in that regard. I had to contact them to inform them that I was still receiving full coverage even though I had reduced my plan from unlimited to the standard at the start of last season just after the EL qualifiers.

I’ll be taking the £240 annual and I’ll get every game home and away for £20 a month . There’s no way I’d pay a tenner for individual games on top of season ticket etc .

Quick question folks - as a season ticket holder, i've read online about recieving a voucher for access to our home games. Do i need to be a sky or RTV subscriber to access this?

Back