Praise for Tom Miller

He's a terrible commentator. His voice goes right through me and his patter is atrocious. For the money folk are paying for RTV there would is better out there.

The lad who commentated the legends game at the weekend was good.
Noooo he was dry as hell, monotone and bland

He's obviously a very decent guy and he clearly loves the Rangers... but I really struggle to listen to him. I've muted it before and on one occasion switched over to the Aberdeen TV stream which was far more professional.

I'm just glad I'm at most of the games and don't have to listen to him more regularly.

A true blue is Tom. As far as I’m concerned I love all his anecdotes and silly phrases during games.

He’s a bluenose and a passionate one for that. That makes him family as far as I’m concerned

I know mate i don't get it, i always watch the games back because when i am at the game you get caught up in the emotion and i like to analyse everything.

Tom will always defend the club, he has been on Rocksport a few times and shot down people talking p1sh on there, he gained even more respect from me after that.

Agree with all of that 100%.

Always enjoy watching reruns of our games without the emotion of being there live.

I think some are forgetting this is RTV not a national broadcaster.
As such TM has every right to assume that the viewers know the names of the players, the background to the game, league place etc. So he doesn’t need to spoon feed the viewer with stuff they should know anyway as bears.
This means he has a lot of dead air to fill. I think he is right to try and generate a more chatty commentary and make it obvious it’s a bear commentating not some nasal, anodyne David Coleman type, with the dull “one nil” shite.
There are plenty models for “neutral” commentary, MOTD for example.
He is quite rightly far from neutral. I would like to know who those not happy with him would suggest as a biased commentator.

This seems to come up every so often. Wee Tom is brilliant, can't see any Rangers supporter having a problem with the guy.
A few years ago we beat Killie in a Scottish cup replay at Rugby park with a last minute winner. After the game someone was being interviewed on Rangers TV track side and in the background wee Tom is crossing the pitch with Derek Johnstone who was presumably co commentating, the wee guy half the height of DJ spots the Rangers TV camera and starts pumping his fist. :D
Proper Rangers man basking in the last minute winner. If he's not your type of guy your cut from a different cloth.

Considering the sky and Bt commentary give me actual mental illness I purposely watch on RTV only thing that actually annoys me is he hardly makes a noise when anyone else scores and it can be confusing

Good guy, awful commentator.

His voice and weird pronunciations of player names after goals ruin a lot of the content the media team produce

I don't know what being a good Rangers man has got to do with it. Commentating is a skill, and you shouldn't get to be the RTV commentator for being loyal and true any more than that gets you a game for Rangers. I am sure Tom is a lovely fella, but his commentary is so excruciating I often have to turn the sound down when watching RTV.

I don't know what being a good Rangers man has got to do with it. Commentating is a skill, and you shouldn't get to be the RTV commentator for being loyal and true any more than that gets you a game for Rangers. I am sure Tom is a lovely fella, but his commentary is so excruciating I often have to turn the sound down when watching RTV.
Calm down fella. He's 100% better than Crocker, Walker and the rest

Seems like lots of people take their commentary very seriously on here. :D Somebody even preferring to listen to Aberdeen TV. FFS, I’ve heard it all now. Honestly, some people are never happy, I swear there’s posters on here that have never said a good word about the club or anybody connected to it.

I've not read one reply on this thread, I enjoy listening to him on the odd occasion when I get the chance and the co-commentarors do a great job as well, Andy Walker, Provan and Sutton are a joke yet folk slag our own on our own channel.

I actually miss Tom when he isn't there. I'm not saying he is the best but I watched The Legends' highlights when I got home from the match and I thought the commentary was a bit boring. Not helped by Alan McLaren who, although a good player in his time isn't blessed with an entertainment gene. (In my opinion of course)

Back