Pre match build up needs revamped

Thank god I haven’t heard that god awful Bits n Pieces remix as the goal song for a couple games now. Whoever does the song choice at Ibrox should be sacked.

Pish of course they care

Things have barely changed pre match in decades and the club show no sign of wanting to change things even though it is jaded and boring.
The best thing they have done for the atmosphere has been papping the Tims out of the Broomie, however that’s it.

FWIW, who ever is the pre match dj needs a taxi to the job centre

At the weekend it was clear the fans wanted to sing. But he/she continued to play the mega mix.

The troops abseiled, the fans started singing but the mega mix was played at full volume and the fans gave up.

It’s not bloody hard.

Commentator was poor on sat. No shout out at our first goal, same tune when we scored. I made a joke to guy next to maybe it was mark Allen who had been the D.J

There are no people within our club who properly get fan culture.

The whole matchday experience at Ibrox could/should be so much better, but it really is extremely poor. Currently it is clear that there is no-one there capable of doing anything constructive to improve things.

Sad state of affairs for home games.

Agree completely. They're totally out of touch. No surprise really they'd rather keep those against safe standing happy than ask them to move for the benefit of everyone.

Ibrox is awful.

If only we had some sort of liason or link between fans and the club. Like an officer or some kind of thing.

Would be brilliant to have someone who could collate fan concerns and drive change for the better.

If only.

Ha ha ha. I hear you. Im not slo in the uptake.

Agree 100%. Would love it if the 80min brigade turned into the 90min. The same guy that sits near me consistently turns up half baked 10 mins into every match, goes for at least two Lilian Gishes every match then leaves on 80 mins in SJR.

He might come earlier and stay till the end if there was a good atmosphere.

You can build up a great atmosphere all you want pre game,but with the support taking the hump if rangers aren't at least 2 goals up in the first 15 mins,the negativity will takeover. No singing,just a moan and groan for every pass that doesn't lead to a goal.
What I seen on motd on sat by the Norwich fans is what getting behind your team is all about.
Ever since stadiums became all seated I'm afraid this is the price that has been paid,especially against the lesser teams. Always find it sad to hear the players shouting in a stadium with 50,000 people in it.

Who can fail to be whipped into a frenzy by a guy in a big furry suit called Broxi walking round the pitch, especially when he brings the whole Broxi family,

It's not just at Rangers, but we need to make a day at the football more of a day out than just sitting at Ibrox for 90 minutes. We need to change the laws around alcohol and this will give clubs so much more opportunities. Proper fanzones and entertainment. Not Broxi walking around for a picture with the weans.

We moan about our MD not standing up to the press.
We moan about the pre match build up by the DJ.
Could it be that they are both working under restrictions set by our board?

I’ve done the St Pauli stadium tour (I know I know) but they stand you in the that dark black and red tunnel and blast that music ,it’s unsettling and eerie as hell ,it has to intimidate ,that’s the idea we should be aiming for ,every possible angle of advantage we can muster ,right now it’s as soft as putty

The awesome Ibrox environment our players feed on and opposition fear, needs to be more consistent. Our squad seems to blow hot and cold depending on the occasion (tactical 180’s for an old firm aside) with a bit of a catch 22 of players needing something from the support, support needing something from the players. For me, the club needs to be asking itself “what more can we do to create the spark?”

If the club would put a bit more though into the lead up to kick off, we could build momentum for both and I think it would have a significant difference.
You think about some of the intimidating environments that we’ve played in and how even mediocre sides have played out their skin with a loud and committed crowd behind them.

Some high intensity media and music to get the blood pumping and fans on their feet, before kick off. STB and PA are fine but they are not intimidating in the slightest.
We need something different. Something that jacks the support up to MAX and has the players physically feeling it as they walk out.
Post of the year in my opinion

Crank it up
Our music

Loud as it can go

And then it’s upto us as fans

Lift off

Can we not have the guy who announces the team shout out the first name and then the fans shout out the player’s second name. Like “Alfredo...Morelos!”. Happens all the time in Germany and other countries instead of this “In goals number 1 Allan McGregor”.

As I’ve previously said the only way it will improve is if folk outside of the Broomloan join in chants instead of going “Oh Oh Oh Oh” and clapping their hands for a couple seconds, try and sing the full songs. The same with Blue Sea of Ibrox, do folk not know any other line apart from “It’s the greatest sight that I have ever seen?”
Mate good post anything that gets our voices working is good for me

We should get Andy Cameron out with his microphone again

And the three tenors.
I wouldn't give him three

f4HR6u2.png

Not that I think my post is the answer but I can say that one of the most entertaining build-ups to a 'game' I've ever been to was a New York Rangers game (on the three occasions I've been).

I might be wrong, but I think the players choose the music they warm up to. I reckon that could help?

And, not that we can afford it or that it would be visible during the daytime games, but NYR have an incredible lights show - where the lights dim, lasers are projected onto the ice drawing out the lines of the rink, the ice collapses and you can see the NY subway underneath. It's a work of art! Great build-up.

I also seen a video lately of Virginia Tech (American Football University team) enter their stadium to Metallica's Enter Sandman. The whole place was jumping! (On a side note, their stadium was a sea of orange)

Finally, when we unfurled the "When the whistle sounds the charge begins" banner at the last Old Firm, I wish we'd actually played The Trooper by Iron Maiden.

Just my two cents, and agreeing with the OP.

Agree 100%. Would love it if the 80min brigade turned into the 90min. The same guy that sits near me consistently turns up half baked 10 mins into every match, goes for at least two Lilian Gishes every match then leaves on 80 mins in SJR.
Could be worse - a few years ago he wouldn’t have left during the game. He’d have stayed and you’d have been at risk of a soaking wet trouser leg.

The build up has to start before we enter the Stadium. I would love to see every home match treated like an event, where the footprint of Ibrox, especially Copland road and the front of the main stand is a celebration of everything Rangers. Pop up Rangers Shops, food, music, UB stalls, founders trail, club1872, youth team fund raising, interactive events for the kids, introductions to past players etc. We have the support and landspace to make this work.

The club don’t give a %^*& they just want our money.
If our club didn’t give a f*ck, they would have increased ST by at least 20% knowing we would still pay it, but they didn’t. £7m on Ryan Kent is not the actions of a board that don’t give a f*ck!

Pump up the volume for a start it's not a library,get someone maybe a Rangers supporting DJ someone say like a Ewan Cameron?, to stand in the middle of the park and get the fans to a better level of noise at kick off

I've always said they should play music from up and coming Scottish bands during the build up to give them a bit of exposure. I also hate the way the team come out to "Club Foot" for their warm up.

Can we not have the guy who announces the team shout out the first name and then the fans shout out the player’s second name. Like “Alfredo...Morelos!”. Happens all the time in Germany and other countries instead of this “In goals number 1 Allan McGregor”.

As I’ve previously said the only way it will improve is if folk outside of the Broomloan join in chants instead of going “Oh Oh Oh Oh” and clapping their hands for a couple seconds, try and sing the full songs. The same with Blue Sea of Ibrox, do folk not know any other line apart from “It’s the greatest sight that I have ever seen?”

Give it a couple of weeks of that and it will be bitching and whining on here again.
"The muppet next to me cannae pronounce the names an shouts Morales and Davies"

Remember a while ago, maybe on old board, someone said team should come out to Thinderstruck by ACDC with everybody double clapping at thun-der. Thought this a great idea at the time and still do. Would be great given our links with them. Would post introduction to song but I'm a technophobe

A conversation that’s restarted tonight. I think we should really push for this to be looked at. A bit of media and music is not expensive.

The awesome Ibrox environment our players feed on and opposition fear, needs to be more consistent. Our squad seems to blow hot and cold depending on the occasion (tactical 180’s for an old firm aside) with a bit of a catch 22 of players needing something from the support, support needing something from the players. For me, the club needs to be asking itself “what more can we do to create the spark?”

If the club would put a bit more though into the lead up to kick off, we could build momentum for both and I think it would have a significant difference.
You think about some of the intimidating environments that we’ve played in and how even mediocre sides have played out their skin with a loud and committed crowd behind them.

Some high intensity media and music to get the blood pumping and fans on their feet, before kick off. STB and PA are fine but they are not intimidating in the slightest.
We need something different. Something that jacks the support up to MAX and has the players physically feeling it as they walk out.
Should have a competition at half time to see who can sniff the most coke off a strippers arse, If that doesn't work hand out some paste and fire scooter through the PA system. :p

The foyers really need looking at. I'm not just saying the catering but a complete overhaul. Cover all the brick work with a background of rangers colours. Like the ones the have in press conferences. I interactive touch screens dotted around the walls for rangers info etc. Really bring it up to standards

Everything about Ibrox other than the football needs a revamp just now - even some of the recent implementations like the TV's in the concourse are fucked.

Toilets
DJ / pre Match Build up
Half time
Catering Stands (don't give me the buy a greggs patter) - if i want a decent pie and a bovril at the football and i'd love not to have to wander around govan for 15 minutes before the game to get cash.
General look / feel inside the Stadium

I’ll add the regulatory pitiful GSTQ at the end into the mix.

By all means, if it’s rocking, let’s do it.

When it’s bare blue seats, it sounds like a sinking ship.
I know your post was few months ago but made me laugh...Abide with me , might me better

Everything about Ibrox other than the football needs a revamp just now - even some of the recent implementations like the TV's in the concourse are fucked.

Toilets
DJ / pre Match Build up
Half time
Catering Stands (don't give me the buy a greggs patter) - if i want a decent pie and a bovril at the football and i'd love not to have to wander around govan for 15 minutes before the game to get cash.

I believe these are things the club will now be looking at given the staff facility upgrades are just about there. The toilets in the hospitality suites were done during the summer. As an aside I think its time we done the dressing room for the team

Our board don't care.

They don't get the whole fan culture thing.

They are happy with a 'pay your money and sit down and shut up' approach.

They have made absolutely no attempt to improve things on matchdays.

The "matchday experience" at Ibrox is awful and it will never get better under the current regime.

Hopefully we can get some fresh blood into the club who can see the situation for what it is and they take some much needed action.

Toilets
DJ / pre Match Build up
Half time
No need to wonder around mate, chippy just by the louden, KFC/McDs up at the roundabout and if you skip the KFC and keep walking you’ll come to a gregs.

if you come from the other side, there’s a wee roll shop on PRW called Bite me that’s open prematch at weekends

take yer pick

:))

We have 2 massive screens and don't really make any use of them either.Some classic goals,old Rangers songs etc could be shown and maybe lift the mood a little pre match

Arrive at the stadium, wander about, nothing to see or do, walk past the front doors, nothing to see, nothing to excite you, enter the stadium, go for a pee - that's the most exciting thing I've seen since arriving at the stadium, take my seat, chat, watch the players warm up, nothing to get the blood pumping.

Not quite sure why but I absolutely hate how we have “flag bearers”. Pointless pish IMO

Genuinely surprised at how many adults actually want to do it in all honesty
Completely disagree, I was one last night with my 8 year old son who is still on cloud 9 and not stopped talking about it since.....something he’ll never forget.

Genuine question for the ones wanting walls painted, TV's upgraded, toilets done up, etc.:

Would you rather we spent £7m on making Ibrox look nicer, or are you happy that we spent £7m on Ryan Kent?

Invest in the team that has got us through to the Europa knockouts (therefore making more money) and potentially win the league? Or finish 3rd behind Aberdeen again but have a nice toilet with a TV in the food concourse?

The fact is there's not an endless pit of money at our club.

The thing Ibrox is lacking is an atmosphere... and painting walls and giving us Greggs-quality pies in the concourse is not going to make anyone sing louder.

No need to wonder around mate, chippy just by the louden, KFC/McDs up at the roundabout and if you skip the KFC and keep walking you’ll come to a gregs.

if you come from the other side, there’s a wee roll shop on PRW called Bite me that’s open prematch at weekends

take yer pick

:))
Fat bastard!:rolleyes: :p

Back