Pre match build up needs revamped

midlandbear

The awesome Ibrox environment our players feed on and opposition fear, needs to be more consistent. Our squad seems to blow hot and cold depending on the occasion (tactical 180’s for an old firm aside) with a bit of a catch 22 of players needing something from the support, support needing something from the players. For me, the club needs to be asking itself “what more can we do to create the spark?”

If the club would put a bit more though into the lead up to kick off, we could build momentum for both and I think it would have a significant difference.
You think about some of the intimidating environments that we’ve played in and how even mediocre sides have played out their skin with a loud and committed crowd behind them.

Some high intensity media and music to get the blood pumping and fans on their feet, before kick off. STB and PA are fine but they are not intimidating in the slightest.
We need something different. Something that jacks the support up to MAX and has the players physically feeling it as they walk out.

There are no people within our club who properly get fan culture.

The whole matchday experience at Ibrox could/should be so much better, but it really is extremely poor. Currently it is clear that there is no-one there capable of doing anything constructive to improve things.

Sad state of affairs for home games.

Not quite sure why but I absolutely hate how we have “flag bearers”. Pointless pish IMO

Genuinely surprised at how many adults actually want to do it in all honesty
Saw a video of Betis pre match last night and they had flag bearers all round the edge of the pitch with smaller flags. Looked 100x better.

Definitely need a bit of creative spark pre match.

The announcers piss poor as well as is his playlist.
Exactly. We can all see this. Why can no-one within the club pick up on this??? Are they even bothered??

We need more dynamic people involved to be more creative and give the matchday experience at Ibrox a full throttled reboot!!

Exactly. We can all see this. Why can no-one within the club pick up on this??? Are they even bothered??

We need more dynamic people involved to be more creative and give the matchday experience at Ibrox a full throttled reboot!!
There are plenty of templates to look at for a pre match experience outside (we have gcc scum to overcome 1st) and inside.

As for the announcer, the amount of times he is shouting the players names out and it doesn't even match the picture on the screen... Amateur hour.

Half time annoys me as well.

What is the point in having ex players doing the draw when only those in front of the tunnel can actually see them draw it.

The screens tell me that we have scored a goal which is rather pointless and it looks like something from football manager in the eighties. I would prefer a replay of the actual goal as they sometimes do but they have to be consistent.

FWIW, who ever is the pre match dj needs a taxi to the job centre

At the weekend it was clear the fans wanted to sing. But he/she continued to play the mega mix.

The troops abseiled, the fans started singing but the mega mix was played at full volume and the fans gave up.

It’s not bloody hard.

Pre-match and half-time are embarrassing.

Pre-match - I realise that the players are warming up for a good 20 minutes before kick-off, so that limits any event on the pitch, but what’s stopping them showing archive footage of previous games against that day’s opposition? Also, the pre-match ‘music’ is so dated, they must be using 8-track cartridges.

Half-time - now and again, match footage of the ex-player in his prime is shown on the big screens, but never the few words before he makes the prize draw.

There’s no attempt to raise the energy levels of the crowd during these periods.

I know there are more pressing matters that need the board’s attention, but making the whole day an occasion - not just the 90 minutes of play (or when it’s Livingston, 82 minutes minus the time-wasting), shouldn’t cost too much or take too much imagination.

It has needed modernised for about 20 years. It will never happen.

This.

I’ve given up hope of it ever being modernised/revamped .

It’s as if the DJ has been Locked in a room since 1992 , fed and watered and warned never to do anything other than use the tired megamix he has .

It’s actually gone beyond embarrassing now . We really haven’t a clue .

FWIW, who ever is the pre match dj needs a taxi to the job centre

At the weekend it was clear the fans wanted to sing. But he/she continued to play the mega mix.

The troops abseiled, the fans started singing but the mega mix was played at full volume and the fans gave up.

It’s not bloody hard.

You’re the only guy I’d have any faith in to actually start making the board realise how pathetically bad our matchday build up/DJ/ soundtrack and overall experience is .

It may even be tougher than getting the yahoo kicked out of the broomloan !

It just seems so dated , but as I and many others have said it hasn’t changed in nearly 30 years . Frighteningly bad and even visiting fans from small teams rip the utter piss out of it .

God knows why we are so behind the times on making Ibrox a good actual experience for our loyal fan base .

There are no people within our club who properly get fan culture.

The whole matchday experience at Ibrox could/should be so much better, but it really is extremely poor. Currently it is clear that there is no-one there capable of doing anything constructive to improve things.

Sad state of affairs for home games.
There's no need to improve it from a business point of view. Every games a sell out so what would improving it achieve, in the eyes of the board?

You’re the only guy I’d have any faith in to actually start making the board realise how pathetically bad our matchday build up/DJ/ soundtrack and overall experience is .

It may even be tougher than getting the yahoo kicked out of the broomloan !

It just seems so dated , but as I and many others have said it hasn’t changed in nearly 30 years . Frighteningly bad and even visiting fans from small teams rip the utter piss out of it .

God knows why we are so behind the times on making Ibrox a good actual experience for our loyal fan base .
I’m sure it was rule Britania we tried to sing. As they abseiled. And we had blue sea of Ibrox belting out over the speaker.

I’m in a right grumpy mood tonight but to me it was pathetic. How hard is it to sit with his dj head phone on one ear and the other listening to what’s going on.

There's no need to improve it from a business point of view. Every games a sell out so what would improving it achieve, in the eyes of the board?
You make a good point. Both seriously and with tongue in cheek.

I thought st mirren had a decent idea for music. Seems each home game they have a random supporter pick the half time music. Obviously it would be vetted before hand but at least there is some imagination.

Pre match wont change while alcohol isnt allowed in the stadium.

They cant do whatever they like but 50% of the ground will still take their seat in the 5 minutes before kick off as they are squeezing as much drink in as they can.

I’m sure it was rule Britania we tried to sing. As they abseiled. And we had blue sea of Ibrox belting out over the speaker.

I’m in a right grumpy mood tonight but to me it was pathetic. How hard is it to sit with his dj head phone on one ear and the other listening to what’s going on.

Papa it’s been honestly the same for as far back as I can remember . I visit other grounds and I don’t just mean big clubs even places like st Mirren and they have a far superior sound setup and a DJ who can play actual music and knows how to build it up a bit .

It isn’t an expensive fix I just can’t for the life of me understand why we are so stuck in the 90s with it , I used to bang on about it but kind of gave up and accepted our fate when I heard the speeded up megamix with “ bluebells are blue “ playing over the crowd pre match last season .

Was also aghast to hear the old spice advert tune playing when we came back out for the second half one game , I mean ffs that reminds me of Sunderland playing it 30 years ago when it was meant to be “ intimidating “ !

It’s a car crash but would be an easy fix .

Perhaps @Greg Marshall could ask the question for us at board level ?

Surely the players get bored of the same old music every warm up as well that Kasabian song does nothing for me or anyone else I know . Used to drive me daft years ago when it was Carnaval de Paris and Let me Entertain You every single game and it seemed to take years for those songs to disappear .

Surely the players get bored of the same old music every warm up as well that Kasabian song does nothing for me or anyone else I know . Used to drive me daft years ago when it was Carnaval de Paris and Let me Entertain You every single game and it seemed to take years for those songs to disappear .
I wonder what it would like if there was no prematch music.

Can we not have the guy who announces the team shout out the first name and then the fans shout out the player’s second name. Like “Alfredo...Morelos!”. Happens all the time in Germany and other countries instead of this “In goals number 1 Allan McGregor”.

As I’ve previously said the only way it will improve is if folk outside of the Broomloan join in chants instead of going “Oh Oh Oh Oh” and clapping their hands for a couple seconds, try and sing the full songs. The same with Blue Sea of Ibrox, do folk not know any other line apart from “It’s the greatest sight that I have ever seen?”

Can we not have the guy who announces the team shout out the first name and then the fans shout out the player’s second name. Like “Alfredo...Morelos!”. Happens all the time in Germany and other countries instead of this “In goals number 1 Allan McGregor”.
We will be choreographed like Legia before we know it.

Although it is better than.....the subs.....they are on the screen :D

It really hit rock bottom when Andy Cameron was charged with whipping us into a pre match frenzy.

"Strong as an ox, with standards hiiiiiiigh...."

I'm pretty sure the lyrics were on the big screen too with a wee cartoon image of him bouncing from word to word to keep everyone in time.

It's true. And that's very sad. Proves again that this board are out of touch with the fans.

Pre match wont change while alcohol isnt allowed in the stadium.

They cant do whatever they like but 50% of the ground will still take their seat in the 5 minutes before kick off as they are squeezing as much drink in as they can.
Agree 100%. Would love it if the 80min brigade turned into the 90min. The same guy that sits near me consistently turns up half baked 10 mins into every match, goes for at least two Lilian Gishes every match then leaves on 80 mins in SJR.

It has changed - just not changed enough.

The club is a creature of habit and they don't seem to like meddling with stuff with this.

That said - I've actually got no idea what i'd like to see over and above what happens today.

Back