Pre order strips - when do they drop through the letterbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gertwin

I have lost nearly a stone in weight since I placed my order. Hopefully I don't need to put it back on to make it fit!.

StirlingBear

Not for NI fans, of which we have many.

I’m sure it was deliberately worded that shirts would arrive on 1 August, too.

Most fans won’t mind – but the whole point of preordering is to get them first.
You would think overseas orders and places like NI they could of dispatched earlier. In fact you would hope that they may of already dispatched. I seem to remember Hummel kits arriving earlier for some.

london_bluenose

Official Ticketer

One thought - If they dispatch them earlier and some of them arrive on 31 July, is that technically an encroachment on the Mike Ashley terms and could it see us encountering a legal challenge?

Barbarossa

Over in the UAE so was hoping they’d have been sent by now.

Will prob get them in time for September weekend :D

OneManTagTeam

Official Ticketer
Hope they don’t have the horrible new sponsor on the neck and sleeve and that’s only going to be on the player’s shirts

Macdonsj

Castore’s advice was to order a size up for comfort...so I did...
Fully expecting a 4 man tent to be delivered on 1st August now lol.
I'm the same - alway buy the same size but was worried my rippling abs and pecs would burst the usual one

Or I'm a fatter bastard these days and opted for a bigger one

You can guess which is true

weetoonbear85

Well it’s Saturday, it’s the 1st of August, I’m looking for a deliveryanyone received yet???
Hee haw so far for me. If they come during the week it won't have a lasting impact on my life but why say 'Pre order for delivery on August 1st' - If they legally couldn't post them until yesterday (seen this quoted on various threads this morning) why not just tell us that so there isn't thousands of disappointed fans on the day?

Valley Bluenose

Its been a while but did they not say 'out for delivery on 1 Aug'. Arguably, because some will disagree, as soon as they have despatched it then it is, in their eyes, 'out for delivery'.

Man, its a football top. Unless its a birthday present for a kid does it really matter if it comes today, tomorrow or Monday?

si72

Its been a while but did they not say 'out for delivery on 1 Aug'. Arguably, because some will disagree, as soon as they have despatched it then it is, in their eyes, 'out for delivery'.

Man, its a football top. Unless its a birthday present for a kid does it really matter if it comes today, tomorrow or Monday?
It’s not a big deal for me but paying £5 delivery for it to be delivered today and then told it would be few days is taking the piss.They had a whole month to sort it.Am back to work on Monday so I,ll probably not even be in to receive it.

The Railway Bear

Official Ticketer

When you read it like that, you are correct. Feel sorry for folk with kids who think they are getting it today.

JW1988

Me to Castore

Valley Bluenose

When you read it like that, you are correct. Feel sorry for folk with kids who think they are getting it today.
I have every sympathy for folk who wanted it for a birthday present for a kid this weekend as I said. Otherwise, I'm baffled by the angst.

Back in the day my son used to pre-order games. Sometimes they came early, sometimes they came late. Modern life, eh?

DRAGO

Nowt so far today.

I suspect legalities would prevent shipping of goods prior to end of working day Friday. Looks like they will be arriving Monday.

Northampton Lodger

Was looking forward to it dropping through the door before kick off as my son would have had it straight on for kick off. No email advising it’s coming so I guess Monday now.

Need to make sure he has the right size before next order. If Rangers got three points and I had a few beers he would have been guaranteed I clicked the magic button today for the white top. Monday I will have the grumpy head on so he won’t be so lucky.

weetoonbear85

Aye it does matter, if it was to be posted on 1st August they should have clearly stated this. 'due out for delivery on August 1st' copied direct from the confirmation email I received. To me that tells me it will be delivered today. Why pre-order when you can go online today and buy it and get it just about as quickly as folk who forked out the cash a month ago and are empty handed on delivery day.

StirlingBear

What I don't understand is how on earth can we take the money a month before but delivery can't be set up for release day.

I suppose this is why SD advertised as having the top exclusively today and it was never challenged. They are the only place you can get the top on release day.

Castore could have just advertised delivery on the 3rd and been honest but that may have looked 10x worse.

5cotland

But you can still buy it in Castore's own shops
So SD dont have exclusivity for buying the jersey at the store.
What I don't understand is how on earth can we take the money a month before but delivery can't be set up for release day.

I suppose this is why SD advertised as having the top exclusively today and it was never challenged. They are the only place you can get the top on release day.

Castore could have just advertised delivery on the 3rd and been honest but that may have looked 10x worse.

Valley Bluenose

Aye it does matter, if it was to be posted on 1st August they should have clearly stated this. 'due out for delivery on August 1st' copied direct from the confirmation email I received. To me that tells me it will be delivered today. Why pre-order when you can go online today and buy it and get it just about as quickly as folk who forked out the cash a month ago and are empty handed on delivery day.
We clearly have different ways of interpreting 'due out for delivery on 1 Aug'. Which is fine, I can see how it can be taken both ways.

Is it really such a big deal for you? If so, you have my sympathies.

legalbeagle

We clearly have different ways of interpreting 'due out for delivery on 1 Aug'. Which is fine, I can see how it can be taken both ways.

Is it really such a big deal for you? If so, you have my sympathies.
It isn’t a big deal for me, I just won’t pre-order anything. I wonder if it is a big deal for Castore to get all that money in a month ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.