Pre order strips - when do they drop through the letterbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it’s Saturday, it’s the 1st of August, I’m looking for a deliveryanyone received yet???

Hee haw so far for me. If they come during the week it won't have a lasting impact on my life but why say 'Pre order for delivery on August 1st' - If they legally couldn't post them until yesterday (seen this quoted on various threads this morning) why not just tell us that so there isn't thousands of disappointed fans on the day?

Its been a while but did they not say 'out for delivery on 1 Aug'. Arguably, because some will disagree, as soon as they have despatched it then it is, in their eyes, 'out for delivery'.

Man, its a football top. Unless its a birthday present for a kid does it really matter if it comes today, tomorrow or Monday?

Its been a while but did they not say 'out for delivery on 1 Aug'. Arguably, because some will disagree, as soon as they have despatched it then it is, in their eyes, 'out for delivery'.

Man, its a football top. Unless its a birthday present for a kid does it really matter if it comes today, tomorrow or Monday?
It’s not a big deal for me but paying £5 delivery for it to be delivered today and then told it would be few days is taking the piss.They had a whole month to sort it.Am back to work on Monday so I,ll probably not even be in to receive it.

When you read it like that, you are correct. Feel sorry for folk with kids who think they are getting it today.

Me to Castore

When you read it like that, you are correct. Feel sorry for folk with kids who think they are getting it today.

I have every sympathy for folk who wanted it for a birthday present for a kid this weekend as I said. Otherwise, I'm baffled by the angst.

Back in the day my son used to pre-order games. Sometimes they came early, sometimes they came late. Modern life, eh?

Nowt so far today.

I suspect legalities would prevent shipping of goods prior to end of working day Friday. Looks like they will be arriving Monday.

Was looking forward to it dropping through the door before kick off as my son would have had it straight on for kick off. No email advising it’s coming so I guess Monday now.

Need to make sure he has the right size before next order. If Rangers got three points and I had a few beers he would have been guaranteed I clicked the magic button today for the white top. Monday I will have the grumpy head on so he won’t be so lucky.

Aye it does matter, if it was to be posted on 1st August they should have clearly stated this. 'due out for delivery on August 1st' copied direct from the confirmation email I received. To me that tells me it will be delivered today. Why pre-order when you can go online today and buy it and get it just about as quickly as folk who forked out the cash a month ago and are empty handed on delivery day.

What I don't understand is how on earth can we take the money a month before but delivery can't be set up for release day.

I suppose this is why SD advertised as having the top exclusively today and it was never challenged. They are the only place you can get the top on release day.

Castore could have just advertised delivery on the 3rd and been honest but that may have looked 10x worse.

But you can still buy it in Castore's own shops
So SD dont have exclusivity for buying the jersey at the store.
What I don't understand is how on earth can we take the money a month before but delivery can't be set up for release day.

I suppose this is why SD advertised as having the top exclusively today and it was never challenged. They are the only place you can get the top on release day.

Castore could have just advertised delivery on the 3rd and been honest but that may have looked 10x worse.

Aye it does matter, if it was to be posted on 1st August they should have clearly stated this. 'due out for delivery on August 1st' copied direct from the confirmation email I received. To me that tells me it will be delivered today. Why pre-order when you can go online today and buy it and get it just about as quickly as folk who forked out the cash a month ago and are empty handed on delivery day.

We clearly have different ways of interpreting 'due out for delivery on 1 Aug'. Which is fine, I can see how it can be taken both ways.

Is it really such a big deal for you? If so, you have my sympathies.

We clearly have different ways of interpreting 'due out for delivery on 1 Aug'. Which is fine, I can see how it can be taken both ways.

Is it really such a big deal for you? If so, you have my sympathies.

It isn’t a big deal for me, I just won’t pre-order anything. I wonder if it is a big deal for Castore to get all that money in a month ago?

It isn’t a big deal for me, I just won’t pre-order anything. I wonder if it is a big deal for Castore to get all that money in a month ago?

Its a different debate I'd say, but I would agree that, for example, money should not be taken from cards until the goods are despatched. I still don't get the upset about stuff potentially arriving Monday instead of today.

Its a different debate I'd say, but I would agree that, for example, money should not be taken from cards until the goods are despatched. I still don't get the upset about stuff potentially arriving Monday instead of today.

If you pay extra money for something to get delivered on a specific date, then it should be delivered on that date, no matter who is sending it.
Being Castore or Rangers isn’t an excuse.

If this was a video game pre ordered and you never got it while your mate could go to Tesco later and pick it up - you'd be pretty annoyed.

Not a big issue for me. The boy doesn't know it's coming. I'll be going to the store from now on anyway.

Please find our UK shipping rates below:

Hermes - Standard £4.95
Royal Mail - Tracked Standard£5.50
Hermes - Next Day£6.95
Royal Mail - Tracked Next Day£7.95

To contact us regarding all shipping you can email us at concierge@rangersstore.co.uk

Was there an option to choose a shipping method at time of purchase?

If you pay extra money for something to get delivered on a specific date, then it should be delivered on that date, no matter who is sending it.
Being Castore or Rangers isn’t an excuse.
It says out for delivery today, not delivered today.

Nothing to do with it being Castore or, by default, Rangers mate. The phrase 'due out for delivery on 1 Aug' can be interpreted in two clear ways. As I've said earlier, from the retailers viewpoint as soon as he's handed it over to the courier service it is 'out for delivery' - and has been, hopefully, handed over on or before 1 Aug. However, I accept that you could read the same phrase and interpret it as being delivered on 1 Aug. Its not clear-cut. To me, at least.

I'm, sure Hermes 'regular' delivery cost is close to £5 in any case - and its not guaranteed next day delivery either. Though you'd expect Castore would have a discount on that for being a bulk customer.

they could have just made it clearer, this is a weirdly unique situation. Many fans love buying the new shirt and haven’t been able to for years, basically the fan base then spend £3m in 24 hours, and it may have been an idea to manage their expectations better.

It will make no great difference to my life but I do feel a bit disappointed (I wouldn’t go any further than that!)

Its not the point off not turning up today the point is people took out my gers memberships to guarantee a pre order then u find out u can walk into fat mans jumble sale shops on mondsy and get it off the shelf

Nothing to do with it being Castore or, by default, Rangers mate. The phrase 'due out for delivery on 1 Aug' can be interpreted in two clear ways. As I've said earlier, from the retailers viewpoint as soon as he's handed it over to the courier service it is 'out for delivery' - and has been, hopefully, handed over on or before 1 Aug. However, I accept that you could read the same phrase and interpret it as being delivered on 1 Aug. Its not clear-cut. To me, at least.

You are missing the point. Once you pay extra for posting it should be delivered on that day. If not they should pay you back the postage cost.
If this was something I bought online from a shop and I payed postage of £5 (pretty expensive) then I expect it on the date they say i will receive it.
If it doesn’t come then why the %^*& are you paying the extra £5.
It seems you are just making excuses because it is the Rangers jersey.

You are missing the point. Once you pay extra for posting it should be delivered on that day. If not they should pay you back the postage cost.
If this was something I bought online from a shop and I payed postage of £5 (pretty expensive) then I expect it on the date they say i will receive it.

@gennaro has posted the Shipping Costs above. £5 doesn't seem to cover next day delivery. I do though agree £5 is on the expensive side.

You are paying £5 for it to be delivered in general, not to be delivered on day X. IMO £5 is standard for delivery, Amazon et al is usually £7-10 for me. Each to their own i suppose.

You are paying £5 for it to be delivered in general, not to be delivered on day X. IMO £5 is standard for delivery, Amazon et al is usually £7-10 for me. Each to their own i suppose.

I ordered some stuff from Clarins for
My wife to get guaranteed delivery at a certain time on a certain day (paid £7 for it) . Normal delivery was 3.99.
I got it at the time they said.
If you pay the extra and you still haven’t received it that is a poor start especially when you will be able to get it from fat bastards shop.
It is not going to be of vital importance not life or death :))but I don’t like people taking money off me for %^*& all service.

Piss poor from Castore imo. Folk have paid £50 to be a MyGers member then bought these tops for another £65, inc. P&P so you'd expect to have received it today in time for the match.

Meanwhile you'll be able to buy gear in shops from next week. Just makes you think what was the whole point of going crazy 4 weeks ago to get one of the original 50k that went on sale - there was no discernible benefit.

I ordered some stuff from Clarins for
My wife to get guaranteed delivery at a certain time on a certain day (paid £7 for it) . Normal delivery was 3.99.
I got it at the time they said.
If you pay the extra and you still haven’t received it that is a poor start especially when you will be able to get it from fat bastards shop.
It is not going to be of vital importance not life or death :))but I don’t like people taking money off me for %^*& all service.

Have you 'paid extra' though? Circa £5 seems to be the 'regular' delivery price - next day delivery options are more expensive. Though I take the point that on ordering only one price was offered, which I'd assume to be the regular price for 'standard' delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back