Pre season camp thread

Ejaria looks to have some skills
Tav is looking ripped
Docherty is a top athlete but Rossiter almost keeping up
It must be difficult doing a heavy endurance session in the morning then going on to technical drills when your legs knackered

Ejaria looks to have some skills
Tav is looking ripped
Docherty is a top athlete but Rossiter almost keeping up
It must be difficult doing a heavy endurance session in the morning then going on to technical drills when your legs knackered

Agree mate.Tav looks like a machine and Docherty is a Scottish Forrest Gump.Training been super intense so far.Great to see.

Ejaria showing his skills at the end, you seen on his youtube videos moments of magic skill with those quick feet, lets hope we see that more often than not.

He seems to have an attitude about him which i like.

Dochertys fitness is beastlike.

I was beginning to tire just watching that. Docherty looks like a machine. I liked when Rossiter got in front of him and was looking over his shoulder to see where Docherty was.

Does anyone know who scored the goal and celebrated with With in the 2v2 bibs v blues was? I thought it was Mccrory?

Also fantastic content from Rangers media guys. They probably don't get enough credit. Now just deliver us a RTV app please!

I was beginning to tire just watching that. Docherty looks like a machine. I liked when Rossiter got in front of him and was looking over his shoulder to see where Docherty was.

Does anyone know who scored the goal and celebrated with With in the 2v2 bibs v blues was? I thought it was Mccrory?

Also fantastic content from Rangers media guys. They probably don't get enough credit. Now just deliver us a RTV app please!

I think it was Arfield who scored and jumped on Murphy's back shouting 'thats all we needed'. Must have been a knockout drill and that put them through or was the winner.

Docherty, Rossiter, Tav and Halliday were the ones who impressed most in the endurance stakes.

Docherty we knew about, however I was most impressed with Rossiter, after all he's been through injury wise.

Was great to see him right up there trying to hang on to Doc.

Docherty, Rossiter, Tav and Halliday were the ones who impressed most in the endurance stakes.

Docherty we knew about, however I was most impressed with Rossiter, after all he's been through injury wise.

Bodes well for our midfield next season to have Docherty & Rossiter available. If we're playing a high tempo/pressing game these 2 could run all day!

Surprised at Halliday also. Seems to have been doing okay in the training clips so far.

Bodes well for our midfield next season to have Docherty & Rossiter available. If we're playing a high tempo/pressing game these 2 could run all day!

Surprised at Halliday also. Seems to have been doing okay in the training clips so far.

Yes mate, to be fair to Halliday he's looked one of the fittest and finished 2nd behind Windass in the finishing competition too.

His attitude certainly can't be faulted and you can see why Gerrard was keen to have him on the training camp.

He's not at our required standard now, but he'll get fixed up with another club no problem.

Desperate for the wee man to get a proper uninterrupted pre season. I’m dying for him to have finally put this injury nightmare behind him as I really believe he is class and he has leadership in spades.

The training vidoes have been tremendous. Really intense and the manager is getting right in about it. Doesn't look like he'll ever take a back seat and watch from the side which is pleasing to see.

Got a serious chubby watching that training vid......can’t wait for the season to start....

Do we know Gerrard's preferred formation?

Typical 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1?

Not been declared yet, but I think it will mirror the two above effectively.

I know we all want to play like Barca, but to Walter’s credit, when going away from home against the shite teams, we usually got it right.

We badly need that extra man in midfield at times. Even as a late runner.

Over the last 2 years, I’ve felt we’re a bit naive. Especially under Warburton, persisting with 4-3-3 was hard to watch at times.

Yes mate, to be fair to Halliday he's looked one of the fittest and finished 2nd behind Windass in the finishing competition too.

His attitude certainly can't be faulted and you can see why Gerrard was keen to have him on the training camp.

He's not at our required standard now, but he'll get fixed up with another club no problem.
Absolutely, effort and commitment from Halliday were never in question , it was just his skill level which is hardly his fault.

Like everyone I’m delighted that training seems to be several levels more intense than last year, fitness won’t win games on its own but a lack of it can certainly lose them.

Day 7 training video now up.
Great look at the lads in a training game. Couple of good moments from both Halliday and Hodson believe it or not.

Windass looking frustrated a couple of times which is nothing new.

Katic scoring from a corner when being marked by Goldson. Connor wont have liked that.

Candeias and Tav continue to link up well

Morelos missing a sitter inside 6 yard box (again)

Katic is a monster in the air, the previous video he scored 2 goals and another in this one.

In general the finishing has looked poor though , too many shots getting scuffed along the ground apart from Windass in the shooting video.

Katic is a monster in the air, the previous video he scored 2 goals and another in this one.

In general the finishing has looked poor though , too many shots getting scuffed along the ground apart from Windass in the shooting video.

Yeah, need to get back to those shooting drills.:D We’ve a way to go yet watching that training match today. Maybe they are all f*cked.

Alnwick playing a lot and doing well in all the clips.

Windass will be our player of the year.

Gerrard is itching to make him quality.

I know I'm late to the party but just bought a Rangers tv subscription.
Looking forward to catching up with all the training vids I have missed.

Liked seeing Gerrard taking Middleton aside at half time and talking him through some situations. The young lad and nearly everyone in the squad will learn so much from Gerrard esp if he goes about it that way showing them how they can do something better rather tham screaming to do it better.

Can't rate these training videos enough, great insight into drills and players. Couple of the younger players doing them self no harm at all with there application.

Can't rate these training videos enough, great insight into drills and players. Couple of the younger players doing them self no harm at all with there application.

They are compulsive viewing every evening mate.

Great insight into the intensity of the sessions and some terrific interviews with the players and coaching staff.

Training looks high standard, hard not to get excited about it.

Rodgers has the mentally challengeds doing hour long runs and a lot harder work this pre season due to Gerrard & Rangers. Straight from a mentally challenged players mouth.

Last edited:
Training looks high standard, hard not to get excited about it.

Rodgers has the mentally challengeds doing hour long runs and a lot harder work this pre season due to Gerrard & Rangersz Straight from a mentally challenged players mouth.
He'll be fully aware of the quality of the coaching team we've assembled.

If you're talking about playing that high intensity pressing game out of possession Docherty and Arfield are perfect for it.

My personal preference would be to have a quaterback type guy deeper spraying the passes and running the game.

We have no shortage of workrate, energy and legs in midfield. Just need that player that can drop the shoulder and thread a pass through.

It will be interesting to see exactly who else we recruit for the midfield mate.

It would be difficult to find 2 guys better qualified than Gerrard and McAllister to assess what we require in the middle of the park.

You read this thread, look at Willie Hills still offering us for the league at 8-1, and think, that is value every day of the week. Can see myself getting pissed in the near future and ‘going large’!

Back