Pre season camp thread

Squad needs a few more quality additions added to it.
Nervous about the EL qualifiers as we look a wee bit thin in the striking department.

This has been my take away from the snippets I’ve seen. Level of professionalism seems to be in a different stratosphere compared to footage of previous training sessions over the past 7-8 years
We haven't seen them doing piggy backs yet after a defeat is what you mean ? :p

Refreshing watching the training video of the shooting drill.
Thought Gerrard was very commanding in taking the drill, disciplined and authoritative.
2 Areas we need to improve on this season in attacking sense are, shooting outside the box and attacking set pieces.
2 big handy centre halves brought in hopefully will lead to more goals from set pieces and of course their main objective conceding less.
Fitness levels will be through the roof.
Optimistic loyal for the season ahead.

Morelos is looking like he's lost a bit of weight.

DgM0V6KWkAAU6t4.jpg:large

Shooting drill was brilliant.

Windass’ finishing was sublime.

Like seeing Gerrard in action. Maybe McAllister holding with Gerrard and Rossiter ahead of him?

Shooting drill was brilliant.

Windass’ finishing was sublime.

Like seeing Gerrard in action. Maybe McAllister holding with Gerrard and Rossiter ahead of him?
Go the full way and chuck Colin Stewart in goals

Went to La Cala today (about 40 miles from me) hoping to see some training. No one on the pitch. We went into the hotel and the whole backroom staff were sitting together chatting in the quiet foyer. Didn't really want to disturb but eventually approached and Stevie G said it was a recovery day - more training tomorrow (Friday). Sat at the pool for a while and saw most of the players coming and going. They all looked fit and healthy, if a tad bored !

Flanagan is there he did his medical in Spain

Seems the medical was in Manchester yesterday and he flew out not long after.

We seem to have used Manchester for a few of our signings now. No faith in the Glasgow side of things (Ross Hall or whatever) or just convenience?

Interesting to see how many pairs of eyes are focused on watching everything that goes on and how little "banter" there seems to be.

Just watched day 4 on RTV. And it was telling to see that when they were doing the running the coaching staff weren't all together.

Also you often se MB taking the sessions with SG watching on.

Though you can see there is banter (like on the golf buggies) but not on the pitch. The sight of them all fcked after the run when they were getting fluids was brilliant. Who was slumped over the 'wheele bin'?

Seems the medical was in Manchester yesterday and he flew out not long after.

We seem to have used Manchester for a few of our signings now. No faith in the Glasgow side of things (Ross Hall or whatever) or just convenience?

I wonder if Manchester is the choice of Mark Allen? Or it means that new signings aren't pestered too much in Glasgow, keeping it lower key.

Yeah apparently SG and Gary Mac were both saying in the English press this week that games are won and lost in the last 20 minutes of games and matches - thus therefore fitness is vitally important.

Rossiter telling us it’s the hardest pre season he and others have ever had.

Superb, keep it up.

Dorrans has left the training camp & is now back in Scotland

No idea why however.....

Has it been covered in this thread?

Interesting. Injury or transfer you’d have to imagine. Either that or personal reasons I guess.

Reactions: cav

No idea why however.....

Don't think so mate,I just caught it on twatter as well-Injury flaring up or a move on the cards after just one season due to not being or required standard?

No idea why however.....

Funny you mention that.I brought this point up before on here that I hadn't seen any of him in the training videos or pics.

Reactions: cav

No idea why however.....

In the day 3 video he was stood chatting to someone dont recall seeing him taking part

There was also someone being taped by Stevie Walker in day 4 video but you couldnt see who it was.

Must be an injury, but he does holiday with Kenny and Lee.

Edit, in Day 3 video doing fitness drills with team 2 mins in

I doubt there is a move lined up, it would be good if there was, i think he will be nowhere near the team this season and i dont think he has the stomach for the battle ahead.

Last edited:
Was hoping to see the real Dorrans after a right good pre season. Same as Rossiter but sadly it looks like GD might be playing catch up yet again...

Re Morelos. Anyone think Candeias has been told to look after him? He seems to be pictured with him a lot and will be one of the few in the squad that can communicate with him. I don’t recall them being close last year.

If I’m right, it’s another sign that management are determined to settle him and get the best out of him.

Back