Pre-Season friendlies-Are you going?

Bar72 loyal so looks like gona be good value again, spesh if we go through all europa qualifying rounds and make it proper like last year.

Anyway yip all 4 for me + taking my nearly 3 year old lassie to her first game, probs oxford so any tips from paws who have experienced this joy are very welcome:))
Plenty of sweets took my boy at 3 was ok got restless 2nd half 6 now been too a few more much better now and he loves it.

EgZrbyH.gif

Oxford is a no as we don't get back from holiday until 3pm on the 7th and that's Edinburgh Airport. We will probably take our grandson to Marseilles and Blackburn but I think he is at the Rangers Soccer Schools things in Dumfries for Derby

Plenty of sweets took my boy at 3 was ok got restless 2nd half 6 now been too a few more much better now and he loves it.

Shes only turning 3 end of july plus aint really too fussed with football so if we make it til halftime we will be doing well:))

Not for me, Ive never enjoyed friendlies. It’s obviously important for the players but they are rarely good games as there’s nothing at all at stake.

Maybe Derby but can't stand friendlies so probably won't bother.

On the cccs scheme so got tickets for all but working all four i think lunchtime kick offs would have suited me. Maybe get a shift off for one of them

Will miss the Oxford game as on holiday, but will be at the other three.

Ibrox Bar or Bluebells for the Oxford & first Euro games.

The last friendly I attended was the Chelsea game when Jelevic scored after a few minutes.

Prior to that, the lesser-spotted Paul Ritchie played...

Never ticked for friendlies this year. Need to keep an eye on the pennies and season ticket increase etc means I'll no doubt skip these and catch them on TV.

And to be honest, Helsinki last year bored the pants off me in a shit seat. So kind of made my mind up then that most are a waste of time...spectator wise.

Yes always tick all boxes

I made the mistake of ticking the friendly boxes last year while the two I sit with never. I got automatically relocated from BF5 for Wigan game, was give CF1 row B or something similar, while my mates got right beside the directors box for £15 just buying in general sale :D

None, as friendlies should all be behind closed doors. Glorified training sessions.

I think the 42k who attended a friendly against Bury last summer would probably disagree.

Such an odd, odd stance to have. Nobody is forcing anyone to go, it's a great chance to get new players experience of Ibrox, and it allows people who otherwise can't afford it to get to Ibrox and, very often, take the next generation of rangers fans to their first ever games. How is that a bad thing?

I'll likely go to the Oxford game since it's the 1st one back, and then possibly Derby.

No longer do friendlies.Good prices though for those that do attend.
I'm saying as someone old enough to have attended the pre season Rangers Sports day.:D

Last edited:
Blackburn.

My mate is a Jambo, but also follows Rovers and has never seen them play.

Has also never been to Ibrox, so i'm treating him to a day out at a proper ground :)

Planning on taking the Monday off and having a Sunday session.

Will be taking the wee one to a couple took her to the wigan game watched the game for 75 minutes before getting bored

Only decent thing about home friendlys

Very rarely go to them these days. Low crowds, poor atmosphere, training match feel, numerous changes to the line-up and structure of the team, constant substitutions.

I'd rather wait for the Europa qualifiers which will tell us a whole lot more about how the team is shaping up, will see a lot more commitment and endeavour from the players, and hinge upon a result that actually means something.

Can't make any of them, on holiday for the first two (may try and catch Marseille game if it's on in Bluebells) and working on the other days.

Very rarely go to them these days. Low crowds, poor atmosphere, training match feel, numerous changes to the line-up and structure of the team, constant substitutions.

I'd rather wait for the Europa qualifiers which will tell us a whole lot more about how the team is shaping up, will see a lot more commitment and endeavour from the players, and hinge upon a result that actually means something.

Tbf mate, we get bigger crowds for our friendlies now than we got for many league games through the 70s and early 80s.

Each to their own, but for non season ticket families, it's an affordable way to get the kids along to see their heroes.

Tbf mate, we get bigger crowds for our friendlies now than we got for many league games through the 70s and early 80s.

Each to their own, but for non season ticket families, it's an affordable way to get the kids along to see their heroes.

I wholly agree with that - and it's another of the reasons why I tend not to go to them. That's not decrying the family atmosphere, I just prefer going to the stadium when it's raucous, energetic and there's something important to play for. The friendlies are more of a 'scream' then a 'roar'. Good luck to everyone attending though - hope they all have a great day out.

Good wee money earner for the club also. If we get 15-20k for each match at around £8 a ticket which is a low estimation, that is around £480k-650k before the money is divvied up accordingly.

I do think I’ve underestimated the crowd and even the price - we could be looking at £800k+ for these four friendlies if we get a good turnout.

Probably will on the back of today's court ruling with that cancerous lump Ashley, least i know funds will be going to the club

I'll miss the Derby game but should make the rest of them.

Looking forward to be back at Ibrox, missing it big style tbh.

Dont go to home friendlies but I appreciate that they are a great way for families to get to games together and introduce youngsters to Rangers

looking at going to Marseille and Blackburn games, give Oxford a miss and won't be able to make derby game as I'm committed to going to murrayfield that afternoon

looking at going to Marseille and Blackburn games, give Oxford a miss and won't be able to make derby game as I'm committed to going to murrayfield that afternoon

Hiv's and mhanks with Napoli scarfs will be aplenty, obsessed cunts.

However Steven Gerrard will be at Ibrox. ;)

Will go to them all.

Looking forward to watching the competition to secure a place in our midfield.

Back