Pre Season Friendlies?

davmcc

Official Ticketer
Does anybody know if we have any pre season friendlies lined up?

The league is due to start 4 weeks on Saturday, so you would have thought we would be playing our first game this weekend.

There was chat in the papers about the Lyon tournament on the 16th and 18th but not heard about anything else.

Friendlies would be a good chance to generate income via Rangers TV PPV.

Given they we only were allowed contract training from yesterday it would unrealistic to thinking we would be playing this weekend

While the club are looking for play friendlies I guess until the further guidance is given by the Scottish Government they can't announce anything?

The league is due to start 4 weeks on Saturday, so you would have thought we would be playing our first game this weekend.

There was chat in the papers about the Lyon tournament on the 16th and 18th but not heard about anything else.

Couple of weeks away, I reckon mate.

Proper contact training only started yesterday.

Surely they can't still expect the league to start on the 1st August if teams are only able to play competitive matches from the middle of July?

Would be good if they did the rangers 1st v rangers reserves again like they did years ago when they launched the Nike kit.

Would be good if they did the Rangers 1st v Rangers reserves again like they did years ago when they launched the Nike kit.

I think we'll need pretty competitive friendlies for match fitness, so we're ready before 1st August mate.

I don't think the club would charge for friendlies on RTV.

Season ticket holders missed out on games tail end last season and more than likely games at the start of this season, that have been paid for.

So would think the club would screen for free imo

Any game will be BCD at Ibrox and not open to the public at all. There would have to be some sky blue thinking to get around that.

Season ticket holders missed out on games tail end last season and more than likely games at the start of this season, that have been paid for.

The club have already said STH will have free coverage of any home friendlies for 2020/21

They can still charge non-STH to view

We're missing out on money we usually make from pre season friendlies at Ibrox (we had 4 last year) and potentially missing out on money from 4 European qualifiers on top of that.

That's a lot of money to claw back.

We're missing out on money we usually make from pre season friendlies at Ibrox (we had 4 last year) and potentially missing out on money from 4 European qualifiers on top of that.

That's a lot of money to claw back.

Rangeral just posted above all pre season friendlies are free for season ticket holders.

I get what your saying but only so much you can milk the fans in circumstances.

Given they we only were allowed contract training from yesterday it would unrealistic to thinking we would be playing this weekend

While the club are looking for play friendlies I guess until the further guidance is given by the Scottish Government they can't announce anything?
No chance - they are to busy sorting out the beggars

The club will obviously be wanting to minimise travelling/staying in hotels. Think will be just a handful of matches against other Scottish teams.

I'm sure i read that we are about to announce our pre-season fixtures and i'm sure season ticket holders will get access to these games as part of the pass for next seasons games BCD.

Back