Pre-Season Training Gallery

Have we found out where in Portugal we are based and until what date? I know we go on Saturday, I'm going out to Olhos de Agua 2 weeks today.

The half body warmer thing is a shocker. :D Like a really poor Moncler.

The gaffer loves RJ. :)

Where is Beale? I thought I saw him in the airport on Saturday, but dismissed it on the basis training started MondayZ

Where is Beale? I thought I saw him in the airport on Saturday, but dismissed it on the basis training started MondayZ
Beale was at training on Monday.

He was there today.

lD9OsKG.jpg

Dorrans looks in good shape. I see he was doing extra training during the time off. Could still have a part to play

Be better when the coaches start wearing the black and Orange Training gear and the players the Orange and black ones.

Apparently it’s the matchday/Euro warm up gear.

It's good to see that the young lads we have training with the first team actually look physically ready for first team football.

Breen, Finalayson, McPake, Dapo, Barjo and even Palmer all look like they could handle the physicality of playing in the first team.

I have always felt like our young lads don't really look like athletes but it seems to be improving.

Even Ross McCrorie looks like more of tank than a couple of months ago.

I know a lot of people (including the staff) are excited about Kelly but I think McPake (I know that is ot much of a jump considering the report interest of Roma/Liverpool but even before that) could be the a star for us. I guess it will be more difficult with us signing a few players in his position but I am sure if the gaffer thinks he is good enough he will get a chance.

A lot of they guys looking very fit and lean which is a positive this early in pre-season obviously never over indulged on there Holidays. Goldson/Halliday look particularly physically fit

Players look fit and raring to go.

If only they were sitting in their cars we could see how fit they are ;)

Great to see such a fit looking squad this early. Amazing seeing the luxurious facilities these lads have compared to the old Albion Training ground followed by a couple of days at the Gullane Sand Dunes !!!. Those pitches are like golf/bowling greens. Like the training tops as well so keeping an eye out for that in the shop.

Interesting that Candeias and Morelos are at opposite sides whilst Gerrard is talking in this pic. Morelos obviously understands english though he may not be a fluent speaker.

103ifs4.jpg

What an experience for these kids training with the likes of Gerrard, McAllister and Defoe - surely must strengthen our hand when it comes to extending their contracts? If you can’t develop in this environment you might as well chuck it IMO.

Back