Predict our January results

Tailwind

In December we were told that Celtic had the easier fixtures and would likely narrow the gap.

Instead we took max points while they had a draw and played a game less so we actually extended our advantage.

We already gave ourselves a big advantage in January. I did this thread in December ( https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/predict-how-we-finish-2020.144121/ ) for a bit of fun so thought let’s do it again:

Sunday 10th Aberdeen away
Sunday 17th Motherwell away
Saturday 23rd Ross County Home
Wednesday 27th Hibs away

Mine
Aberdeen 1-2 Rangers
Motherwell 0-3 Rangers
Rangers 4-0 Ross County
Hibernian 0-2 Rangers

For the bad juju crowd. Voodoo no worky:

Last edited:
I wou
In December we were told that Celtic had the easier fixtures and would likely narrow the gap.

Instead we took max points while they had a draw and played a game less so we actually extended our advantage.

We already gave ourselves a big advantage in January. I did this thread in December ( https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/predict-how-we-finish-2020.144121/ ) for a bit of fun so thought let’s do it again:

Wednesday 27th Hibs away

Mine
Aberdeen 1-2 Rangers
Motherwell 0-3 Rangers
Rangers 4-0 Ross County
Hibernian 0-2 Rangers

I would be happy with 10 points out of 12 to be honest

Aberdeen is always a tough game. I can't ever remember us winning two league games in a season at Pittodrie but feel free to correct me.

Motherwell prove a different challenge now IMO. We seen how tough they made it for us at Ibrox a little over 3 weeks ago and factor in the new manager bounce.

Ross County should be a good opportunity to boost the GD as FF favourite Tim sets out an expansive side.

Hibs will depend a lot on how the fare against Celtic on Monday. A defeat there will write off any opportunity the have for a second place finish.

3 wins and a draw - extending our lead at the top too.

I think we'll drop points somewhere this month. Our winning run will come to an end somewhere, especially with a few injuries within the squad.

Aberdeen 0-0 Rangers
Motherwell 1-3 Rangers
Rangers 4-0 Ross County
Hibernian 1-2 Rangers

Wednesday 27th Hibs away

Mine
Aberdeen 1-2 Rangers
Motherwell 0-3 Rangers
Rangers 4-0 Ross County
Hibernian 0-2 Rangers

0-1
0-1
2-0
1-2

Wednesday 27th Hibs away

Mine
Aberdeen 1-2 Rangers
Motherwell 0-3 Rangers
Rangers 4-0 Ross County
Hibernian 0-2 Rangers

1-1
2-0
3-0
2-0

Aberdeen 0-2 Rangers
Motherwell 1-3 Rangers
Rangers 2-0 Ross County
Hibernian 1-1 Rangers

Think we'll take 10 from 12, and I would be delighted with that. The scum won't win their full compliment either.

If we get back to our performance levels pre Liege at home, I fancy 4 wins

If we play like we have done in recent weeks, we won’t win all 4 games

With a week between matches I think our form will rise again. More chance to work on things and for players to rest.

Aberdeen 1-2 Rangers
Motherwell 0-2 Rangers
Rangers 4-0 Ross County
Hibs 1-3 Rangers

I said before the poet game that 4 wins out of the next 5 would be the most likely. I still think that’ll be the case, if the other remaining game is a draw then il be happy.

I wou

I would be happy with 10 points out of 12 to be honest
Given the advantage we have built up so far and given they have Hibs, Livi, Livi coming up and are equally likely to at least have a draw this month that would still be a very good January. In fact, when you factor in the first game of the year that would still represent a net gain of 1 point minimum over the month even if they won all their remaining fixtures this month

Well, we’ve seen they destroy themselves trying to get something off us, so could be
Ideally of course it’s maximum points but can’t help but feel there must be a point dropped somewhere. Although I called thread in your OP correct with Rangers by 1

Aberdeen 0-1 Rangers
Motherwell 1-2 Rangers
Rangers 3-0 Ross County
Hibernian 0-1 Rangers

Win all 4 of these which I think we will then I will genuinely be the happiest person alive!

Last edited:
I think we'll drop points somewhere this month. Our winning run will come to an end somewhere, especially with a few injuries within the squad.

Aberdeen 0-0 Rangers
Motherwell 1-3 Rangers
Rangers 4-0 Ross County
Hibernian 1-2 Rangers
This

Sunday 10th Aberdeen away - 1-3
Sunday 17th Motherwell away - 0-4
Saturday 23rd Ross County Home - 3-0
Wednesday 27th Hibs away - 1-1

Wasn't sure we'd get 12 points from the last 4 games but we did.

Another 12 points for me. I'm starting to believe. We get through January with maximum points and it's over, finito. The fat lady has sung imo.

I've been a "1 game at a time" guy right up until now, no getting ahead, every point is a prisoner etc.

But I'll stick my neck out right now and say I completely agree that if we go 12/12 in January, with the games we'll have gotten out the way and advantage we'll have post split...that's it. Done. There will be no coming back for the scum.

4 wins this month and the league would be just about done.

Unlike previous seasons I have faith that even if we do slip up in one game that we'll bounce back and win the next 5 or 6.

Aberdeen 0-2 Rangers
Motherwell 1-3 Rangers
Rangers 2-0 Ross County
Hibernian 1-1 Rangers

Think we'll take 10 from 12, and I would be delighted with that. The scum won't win their full compliment either.
Same thinking as me. Unsure of the scores but we will draw one of either hibs or Aberdeen games.

We would've taken a massive amount of confidence from the weekends result and I wouldn't be surprised if we managed to get 4 wins and extend our lead at the top of the table.

I've been a "1 game at a time" guy right up until now, no getting ahead, every point is a prisoner etc.

But I'll stick my neck out right now and say I completely agree that if we go 12/12 in January, with the games we'll have gotten out the way and advantage we'll have post split...that's it. Done. There will be no coming back for the scum.

I broke my rule and had a look on their kerrydale forum and the vast majority of them I seen are broken. They've conceded everything.

We get through January with the points difference the same as it is right now and it's over, definitely.

Any win will do for me at this moment in time. Very tough spell for us against teams who are always right up for it against us

If we get through these four games with 10 points we are almost there

Will have 12 games left, 7 at home and 5 away should see us through ok

No way they are winning 19 games on the spin either

Given the advantage we have built up so far and given they have Hibs, Livi, Livi coming up and are equally likely to at least have a draw this month that would still be a very good January. In fact, when you factor in the first game of the year that would still represent a net gain of 1 point minimum over the month even if they won all their remaining fixtures this month

Yeah as much I would like to win every game it’s obviously not a possibility and you would think if we were going to drop points then would be more likely this month so if we could get get 10 points(obviously 12 would be better) then we could really kick on with a better run of fixtures in feb etc

One game at a time for me, I think we will beat Aberdeen on Sunday though
This is why that mantra is so important.

Look at anyone of those fixtures, in isolation, a cup tie, and we are favourites. Dig deep, win, move on to next game.

Look at them 4 at a time and it's a different challenge.

I am not going to jinx it. One game at a time. Three of the games are tough on paper. We will need to be on our game to take positive results from them.

Back