Predicted spend before fees received

The only bit I can see is this

"We feel this is not an excessive increase and every fan should know that the season-ticket revenue will solely go towards the first-team squad. "

Are you reading that as him saying it will be money provided to buy new players. That's not my interpretation.

Or are you looking at a different part.

No, that part. Not quite sure how you can interpret him saying that the season ticket money will be spent on nothing at all but players as anything other than the season ticket money being spent on nothing but players tbh mate.

edit, I think I get what you mean: That he is including current player salaries etc in that statement?

No, that part. Not quite sure how you can interpret him saying that the season ticket money will be spent on nothing at all but players as anything other than the season ticket money being spent on nothing but players tbh mate.

edit, I think I get what you mean: That he is including current player salaries etc in that statement?

Yes

As far as I can see, and taking the simplest view, what he seems to be saying is that all of the season ticket money (or its equivalent) will go on the costs associated to the first team squad. That includes existing costs. However you could actually say that any year. So long as the costs are higher than that income stream and they will be, then it's a valid, if ambiguous statement.

I think you also need to factor in the interim report, which came out in February.

"Given that the bulk of the Club’s income falls into the first six months of any season, the Board is satisfied that the results for the full year will be good, with the Club forecasting to be close to break-even for EBITDA for the year."

Let's not get people's expectations too high and put unnecessary pressure on Dave King or the board. I am certain they will do everything they can to help the club progress, but they have to be given time.

Yes

As far as I can see, and taking the simplest view, what he seems to be saying is that all of the season ticket money (or its equivalent) will go on the costs associated to the first team squad. That includes existing costs. However you could actually say that any year. So long as the costs are higher than that income stream and they will be, then it's a valid, if ambiguous statement.

I think you also need to factor in the interim report, which came out in February.

"Given that the bulk of the Club’s income falls into the first six months of any season, the Board is satisfied that the results for the full year will be good, with the Club forecasting to be close to break-even for EBITDA for the year."

Let's not get people's expectations too high and put unnecessary pressure on Dave King or the board. I am certain they will do everything they can to help the club progress, but they have to be given time.

If expectations are raised, it is 100% down to King saying things that are very easily interpreted as us spending all of the season ticket money on new players.

If expectations are raised, it is 100% down to King saying things that are very easily interpreted as us spending all of the season ticket money on new players.

Bearing in mind the context, he is trying to get people to buy season tickets, a huge matter for the club not only from a turnover but also a cash flow perspective. He is not going to say that any money for new players will have to come from money brought in through sales.

Bearing in mind the context, he is trying to get people to buy season tickets, a huge matter for the club not only from a turnover but also a cash flow perspective. He is not going to say that any money for new players will have to come from money brought in through sales.

Agreed. He also does not have to make an ambiguous statement about available funds.

We spent our budget on the following players last summer:

Goldson
Katic
Grezda
Barisic
Lafferty

That list of spend doesn’t inspire confidence at all. Very big window coming up for the management team.

Back