preferred referee

weefree

I know, I know, they're all sellick season ticket holders etc, but if you could choose from the current bunch, who'd it be? Beaton based on the OF game at Ibrox previous New Year, or A N Other? Who's the least-worst?

I think Collum is one of the fairer ones but always has a howling decision in him the rest are either completely incompetent or biased

Willie Collum sent Daniel Candeias off for blowing a kiss away to St. Mirren

Barry Cook sent Andy Halliday off for raising his fist in triumph after scoring away to Morton

Most recently Kevin Clancy sent Alfredo Morelos off away to Celtic for doing a game over gesture after the game ended, which was somehow his third booking of the game. Scott Brown also got booked twice but stayed on the pitch.

Those four were the stand outs.

Any referee who will call fair honest decisions to the rule book and not show any bias to any team would be my preference

the scott brown double yellow seems to have been a non event, not one pundit has brought the subject up?

Beaton? Not a chance. Worst performance I’ve ever seen from a ref was him at Ibrox v Hibs a couple of seasons ago. He’s terrified to give us anything as Pittodrie showed.
Shocking performance on Friday as well , it was a late tackle but couldn’t wait to book Patterson , gives him bragging rights at refs convention.

Favourite?
I probably dislike Nick Walsh the least even if he is a jumped up wee tadger he is the best of a really shite bunch.
If they all suddenly contracted that Chinese virus for a fee months, and we got some foreign refs, that would work pretty well.

I know, I know, they're all sellick season ticket holders etc, but if you could choose from the current bunch, who'd it be? Beaton based on the OF game at Ibrox previous New Year, or A N Other? Who's the least-worst?
How do you polish a turd?

would you prefer to be kicked in the right nut or the left nut , that’s prob an easier question

Beaton? Not a chance. Worst performance I’ve ever seen from a ref was him at Ibrox v Hibs a couple of seasons ago. He’s terrified to give us anything as Pittodrie showed.

this but clancy overtook this performance and more

I don’t mind Don Robertson also tin hat on but Nick Walsh tends to let games flow although is partial to something crazy

Don Robertson is desperate to book our players. Usually after letting a dozen similar fouls by the opposition go without a booking. Him and Clancy are deliberately incompetent. The rest are just incompetent.

ffs guys there is lots of grade 1 refs, because the sfa always recirculates the usual suspects its like picking the best of the worst.

anyway celtic have kilmarnock (robertson), clancy (ross county) and beaton (st johnston)

we have st mirren (walsh), hearts (mclean) and aitken (ross county)/

The three I have problems with are clancy (celtic sympathiser) and beaton (damaged goods).Robertson (card happy and guaranteed to not win more than 50% of games he refs).

Last edited:
I detest the narrative that somehow Beaton is on our side because of f*ck all in that game against the scum. As already stated, I have never seen such blatant cheating as him in that hivs game. Just beyond anything I thought could be got away with on a football pitch.

ffs guys there is lots of grade 1 refs, because the sfa always recirculates the usual suspects its like picking the best of the worst.

anyway celtic have kilmarnock (robertson), clancy (ross county) and beaton (st johnston)

we have st mirren (walsh), hearts (mclean) and aitken (ross county)/

The two I have problems with are clancy (celtic sympathiser) and beaton (damaged goods).
There’s a drama in McLean at Tynecastle , he loves to be centre of attention and will enjoy watching himself back in the highlights.

Scotland is so divided around two teams that I don't think I could trust any Scottish referee that wasn't clearly a Rangers supporter. Even a St Mirren or Hamilton supporter must have an opinion on which side they prefer.

I detest the narrative that somehow Beaton is on our side because of f*ck all in that game against the scum. As already stated, I have never seen such blatant cheating as him in that hivs game. Just beyond anything I thought could be got away with on a football pitch.
Let’s not forget the recent penalty he cheated us out of at Pittodrie which if converted would see us joint top with a game in hand.

I don't trust any of them. At best they're useless but several are very much bent.

the scott brown double yellow seems to have been a non event, not one pundit has brought the subject up?
Apparently Brown wasn’t booked in the run up to the penalty despite Klancy appearing to show yellows to Katic and Brown. Klancy has said he didn’t think Katic saw him raise the card the first time so raised it again to make sure

Collum if I had to choose.
Jesus fkn Christ, that's grim.

Right there are what 6 'top level' games per weekend in Scotland, with 4 match officials per match, 6x4 = 24 top officials(minimum), so how come we always get the same 4/5 cheating cvnt's reffing our important matches?

None but if pushed it would be Collum. He’s incompetent but not a cheat plus the Orcs can’t accuse him of being a Mason lol.

Collum Madden and Walsh are passable on the the basis they make less fuuck ups than anyone else and are generally fair. McLean, Dallas Robertson and Beaton are avergae if a bit erattic several decent shows but prone to the odd 90 minutes of madness. Worst of the lot (confirmed by his shift on 29/12) is Clancy. That was beyond incompetence and as close to (if not) blatant cheating as you'll ever see. But what do you expect from a product of the St Aloysius bigot factory??? Sooner we get VAR up here the better,

Sadly Collum. What gets me though is the speed he makes big decisions. Never takes a second to compose himself and process what he sees.

Back