Premier League confirms no away supporters allowed for final two matchdays of 2020/21 season

TonySoprano

Premier League confirms no away supporters allowed for final two matchdays of 2020/21 season​

Up to 10,000 home fans will be allowed for final two rounds of Premier League season, subject to the government going ahead with planned easing of coronavirus restrictions on May 17; Match Round 37 will take place in the midweek of May 18 & 19​

The Premier League has confirmed no away supporters will be permitted to attend matches for the final two rounds of the 2020/21 season.

Up to 10,000 fans will be allowed into matches in round 37 on May 18 and 19 and in round 38 on May 23, provided the government goes ahead with the planned easing of coronavirus restrictions on May 17.

However, a decision has now been taken to limit this to home spectators.

"Following consultation with clubs, it was agreed matches would not be open to away supporters due to varying operational challenges across the league and the need to deliver a consistent approach, while maximising the opportunity for home-fan attendance," a league statement read.

"The safety and security of supporters is of paramount importance. Clubs have a proven track record of providing Covid-safe environments and have operational plans in place ready to safely welcome supporters back to their stadiums.

Manchester City fans could see their side lift the Premier League trophy at the Etihad as the Prime Minister outlined his road map for easing coronavirus lockdown restrictions

Manchester City fans could see their side lift the Premier League trophy at the Etihad on May 23
"Fans have been greatly missed at Premier League matches and this marks a key step towards full stadiums, including away fans, from the start of the 2021/22 season."

The government is set to announce whether or not restrictions will be eased no later than May 10.

The Premier League rescheduled the penultimate round of fixtures to midweek so that all clubs can have one game with fans before the end of the season.

There were 8,000 supporters inside Wembley for the Carabao Cup final between Manchester City and Tottenham

There were 8,000 inside Wembley for the Carabao Cup final between Man City and Tottenham as part of a test event for the return of fans

Gameweek 37 fixtures

Fixtures will take place in the midweek of May 18 & 19:

Brighton vs Man City

Burnley vs Liverpool

Chelsea vs Leicester

Crystal Palace vs Arsenal

Everton vs Wolves

Man Utd vs Fulham

Newcastle vs Sheffield Utd

Southampton vs Leeds

Tottenham vs Aston Villa

West Brom vs West Ham

Gameweek 38 fixtures​

Fixtures will take place on Sunday May 23, with all games kicking off at 4pm:

Arsenal vs Brighton

Aston Villa vs Chelsea

Fulham vs Newcastle

Leeds vs West Brom

Leicester vs Tottenham

Liverpool vs Crystal Palace

Man City vs Everton

Sheffield Utd vs Burnley

West Ham vs Southampton

Wolves vs Man Utd

I truly trust ALL clubs in the SPFL will be doing everything they can to get something for fans to be back in the last 2 games.

However absolutely no trust whatsoever in our Government to do the right thing and get them in.

It's embarrassing.

These fixtures take place after our season finishes and are also after the next step out of lockdown in England, sadly it's not comparable to the end of season games here.

It does however show that we should be having fans in from the start of next season, there is absolutely no excuse not to at this stage.

Nothing will happen in Scotland. Scottish Nationalist Party being nationalists will take every bit of freedom they possibly can, when they can.

Disgraceful that there appears to be little desire for similar in Scotland.
I'm sure there is a desire mate, the problem is the small minded basturts that are supposedly running the show.

The fact that fans will be in at the Euros shows that they know this is manageable.

Also they won't even make arrangments for a showpiece cup final which will have teams that will only get there once in a generation.

That’s excellent, similar numbers at the start of next season would be greatly welcomed

Things starting to feel as if we’re nearly there

The absolute disdain that sturgeon treats domestic football fans in Scotland is disgusting

Couldnt even contemplate letting a couple of thousand fans into grounds in may but can guarantee to uefa 12k for the euros a couple of weeks later, it really is deplorable

The absolute disdain that sturgeon treats domestic football fans in Scotland is disgusting

Couldnt even contemplate letting a couple of thousand fans into grounds in may but can guarantee to uefa 12k for the euros a couple of weeks later, it really is deplorable
The silly bint will be at hampden though for the scotland games no doubt

That’s excellent, similar numbers at the start of next season would be greatly welcomed

Things starting to feel as if we’re nearly there
There is absolutely no reason not to have full stadiums from the start of next year. I’m 32 and should have had one vaccine by then. Even if I haven’t there is no way unvaccinated people in my age group should be holding up reopening.

There is absolutely no reason not to have full stadiums from the start of next year. I’m 32 and should have had one vaccine by then. Even if I haven’t there is no way unvaccinated people in my age group should be holding up reopening.

Agreed but I don’t think we’d be going straight back with, say, 50% capacity never mind full capacity

I’m late 20s, I think I’m due a jag by July time but I still think the Scottish Gov will put obstacles in the way

I'm sure there is a desire mate, the problem is the small minded basturts that are supposedly running the show.

The fact that fans will be in at the Euros shows that they know this is manageable.

Also they won't even make arrangments for a showpiece cup final which will have teams that will only get there once in a generation.
A showpiece Cup Final which they could hold in a shed for the amount of fans who'll be there.

Back