Premier League starts on Amazon Prime this Tuesday

If you want to know how far behind you are, stick the old school no digital radio on. The radio is about 2 seconds off live and is close as it's possible to get.

Or phone someone at the game.

For those wanting prime on the cheap

Buy an NUS student card (12 quid)

Sorted!

Not just the football, but their prime delivery service and content of movies / tv shows is excellent
Can you still buy an NUS card?

I have a prediction:

It will go just fine, be a decent broadcast, without technical hitch, yet people will moan about it because it's change and not 'real TV'.

'streaming is rubbish' will be thrown about yet all Digital TV signals are streaming!!!

Completely agree with the part in bold. However people will moan because it’s potentially yet another subscription to watch your team on TV. Netflix, Apple TV and Disney+ have yet to dip their toe in the water.

Given the number of folk that have Netflix subscriptions and watch games on online feeds, I can’t see many having an issue with a steaming service. I can see many having an issue with having to shell out yet another monthly subscription.

How many subscriptions do you currently need to, for example, watch Rangers league games, cup games and Europa League games? Throw into the mix you quite like occasionally watching Serie A, Spanish football and the odd game from Germany and Holland? The monthly cost is currently eye watering!

Just wait until the EPL start hiving off Monday night games to one broadcaster, Sunday games to another, Saturday evening games to yet another different one...... and on it goes.

I can foresee a future SPFL deal where they sell the OF games to a different broadcaster than the rest of the league games.

Competition should, in the long run, reduce the overall price to the consumer. With broadcast rights for football it’s going the other way.

i think this is most definitely the way forward, providing the price is right, assuming that if amazon go head to head with sky for full rights

My stream is jumping a bit on the Xbox app. Internet is fast enough and I've had no issues with live streaming from RTV or the iPlayer in the past. Quality when it's not jumping about is very clear.

Completely agree with the part in bold. However people will moan because it’s potentially yet another subscription to watch your team on TV. Netflix, Apple TV and Disney+ have yet to dip their toe in the water. Given the number of folk that have Netflix subscriptions and watch games on online feeds, I can’t see many having an issue with a steaming service. I can see many having an issue with having to shell out yet another monthly subscription.
How many subscriptions do you currently need to, for example, watch Rangers league games, cup games and Europa League games? Throw into the mix you quite like occasionally watching Serie A, Spanish football and the odd game from Germany and Holland? The monthly cost is currently eye watering!

Just wait until the EPL start hiving off Monday night games to one broadcaster, Sunday games to another, Saturday evening games to yet another different one...... and on it goes.

I can foresee a future SPFL deal where they sell the OF games to a different broadcaster than the rest of the league games.

Competition should, in the long run, reduce the overall price to the consumer. With broadcast rights for football it’s going the other way.

You only need to look to the past for that.

I pay for prime and have done for a few years as it is a great service. £80 a year is much cheaper than Sky Sports or BT and whilst it is another subscription, the sooner Sky dies, the better for the consumer.

Using the amazon app on a sony 2018 tv and the picture quality is gash.
Funny as amazon prime video runs in 4k, but I dont even think the football is hd. Like a layer of vaseline on the camera. Not impressed

Using the amazon app on a sony 2018 tv and the picture quality is gash.
Funny as amazon prime video runs in 4k, but I dont even think the football is hd. Like a layer of vaseline on the camera. Not impressed

mine running on Sony tv too mate and it’s great, via the Amazon Video app. My broadband is pish our living in the sticks so impressed it’s running so well

Completely agree with the part in bold. However people will moan because it’s potentially yet another subscription to watch your team on TV. Netflix, Apple TV and Disney+ have yet to dip their toe in the water.

Given the number of folk that have Netflix subscriptions and watch games on online feeds, I can’t see many having an issue with a steaming service. I can see many having an issue with having to shell out yet another monthly subscription.

I think it won't be long until the Saturday afternoon ban on live games in the UK is lifted and all games are streamed live.
Nowadays I don't think it will make a great deal of difference to attendances as most people will already have a way of watching these games at present anyway.

All hd is about 10 seconds behind live. If you’re ever live betting and click “pitch view” with the bookies (looks like champ manager) the goal goes in a full 10 seconds before the tv shows it.

You gamble way too much. :)

Be interesting to see how this goes, with coverage kicking of tomorrow, all the way through to 27/12

Like the idea of the simultaneous games, and being able to pick what one to watch

Tuesday, December 3, 2019
•19:30 Crystal Palace v AFC Bournemouth
•20:15 Burnley v Man City

Wednesday, December 4, 2019
•19:30 Chelsea v Aston Villa
•19:30 Leicester v Watford
•19:30 Man Utd v Spurs
•19:30 Southampton v Norwich
•19:30 Wolves v West Ham
•20:15 Liverpool v Everton

Thursday, December 5, 2019
•19:30 Sheff Utd v Newcastle
•20:15 Arsenal v Brighton

Boxing Day Games
•12:30 Tottenham v Brighton
•15:00 Bournemouth v Arsenal
•15:00 Aston Villa v Norwich
•15:00 Chelsea v Southampton
•15:00 Crysta l Palace v West Ham
•15:00 Everton v Burnley
•15:00 Sheffield Utd v Watford
•17:30 Man Utd v Newcastle
•20:00 Leicester v Liverpool

Friday, December 27, 2019
•19:45 Wolves v Man City

Some amount of pundits they have drafted in too

Adam Hunt
Alan Shearer
Alex Scott
Ally McCoist
Andy Townsend
Catherine Whitaker
Clive Tyldesley
Connor McNamara
Darrell Currie
Derek Rae
Dermot Gallagher
Dion Dublin
Eilidh Barbour
Eni Aluko
Gabby Logan
Glenn Hoddle
Graeme Le Saux
Guy Mowbray
Harry Redknapp
Ian Darke
Jermaine Jenas
Jim Rosenthal
Joe Cole
Jon Champion
Karthi Gnanasegaram
Kevin Kilbane
Lee Dixon
Les Ferdinand
Lynsey Hooper
Marcus Buckland
Matt Holland
Matt Smith
Michael Owen
Owen Hargreaves
Peter Crouch
Peter Schmeichel
Robbie Savage
Roberto Martinez
Seema Jaswal
Steve Bower
Sue Smith
Thierry Henry
Tim Sherwood
That’s nice. They need the money.
Bet every one of those pundits is contractually obliged to say how wonderful the epl is and how whatever just happened only ever happens in the worlds most overhyped playground for billionaires and primadonnas

That’s nice. They need the money.
Bet every one of those pundits is contractually obliged to say how wonderful the epl is and how whatever just happened only ever happens in the worlds most overhyped playground for billionaires and primadonnas

Not be watching then :D

If you want to know how far behind you are, stick the old school no digital radio on. The radio is about 2 seconds off live and is close as it's possible to get.

Or phone someone at the game.

What if theyve left already?

Definitely an HD picture I’m getting (using the PS4 app), just looks ‘off’. Difficult to explain but I’m a gaming guy and one of the pitfalls of that is noticing stuff like this!

The adverts are perfect. The football isnt

mine running on Sony tv too mate and it’s great, via the Amazon Video app. My broadband is pish our living in the sticks so impressed it’s running so well
Of course now its half time the adverts etc have gone crystal clear :confused:
I've got a smart sony 4k bluray player, going to try that in the 2nd half.

Seems odd the amount of folk having issues here.

I've tried on a 4k monitor, TV, phone and Chromecast and it has been perfect.

Are you sure it's not just shite internet or older smart TV's?

Infra wise, Amazon have about the best there is, they own AWS. They’ve got a truly global content delivery network and ridiculous backbone internet hardware. Netflix runs entirely on it.
So if anyone can make IP broadcasting work to it’s optimal, it’s Amazon.

These platforms are the future. I would love for amazon to just smash everybody and take all the rights. I know its not going to happen but sick of paying for 3 different sports channels just to follow one team.

Unfortunately there will always be a degree of time delay due to the way internet video is processed and transferred.

City aren’t anywhere near clinical enough these days. They blow a myriad of chances and have a tendency to concede from the few attacks the opposition get.

Remember when posters were desperate for Gerrard to sign Solanke on loan in his first two transfer windows? That's 8 goals in 78 matches in his senior career and 1 goal in 54 matches when playing for a Premier League club. He's utter pish and the fact that he's able to go for 20m after scoring 1 goal for Liverpool means clubs shouldn't hesitate to bid at least 30 for Morelos

Regarding the broadcast, so far so good for me. Watching on 12 year-old Sony Bravia 32” inch TV via Amazon fire stick with no lag or buffering. Really happy to be getting all this football with existing Prime membership.

So it works like this. Everyone thinks it great then, amazingly, somehow they win the rights to the PL and suddenly subscriptions to Prime trebles or more. Tell me I’m wrong. Just like Sky was in the nineties. How many more subscriptions will I need ?

Their coverage is very impressive. And included in the base price for Prime? Canny knock that. I dont really watch the PL and havent for years but i will watch it more now. Hope Prime pick up more leagues, actually really wanted them to get the SPFL rights when they were being negotiated.

Back