Premier League starts on Amazon Prime this Tuesday

So it works like this. Everyone thinks it great then, amazingly, somehow they win the rights to the PL and suddenly subscriptions to Prime trebles or more. Tell me I’m wrong. Just like Sky was in the nineties. How many more subscriptions will I need ?
Amazon are just testing the water with this, think we all know from next season the chances of getting this kind of coverage all season for a basic prime membership ain't going to happen, hopefully they price it reasonably and get coverage to Scottish football etc

Still can't update the Amazon Prime app on LG. Hoped it was just traffic last night, can't be busy at half-five on a Wednesday morning. The wee progress bar just doesn't move and after a couple of minutes I get the 'Application has not been installed. Try again' message.

Still can't update the Amazon Prime app on LG. Hoped it was just traffic last night, can't be busy at half-five on a Wednesday morning. The wee progress bar just doesn't move and after a couple of minutes I get the 'Application has not been installed. Try again' message.
Sounds like the memory on your TV is either full or corrupted.

I had a similar issue with the smart iptv app.

A factory reset of the tv soon fixed the problem.

Just a pain in the arse setting it back up again:D

Very good, 4K and HDR+ picture is fantastic on mynTV

Was just saying to my son the picture quality was superb, when you can see advertisements in a dug out that are small in the Burnley game, goes to show the quality of cameras, took football coverage up a notch.

The quality wasn't great on my laptop so tried the 4k firestick and it was perfect.

That's now Sky, BT, Premier Sports and Amazon all needed just to watch British, Spanish, Italian football.

I need Sky for the family (kids, cinema, movies, missus programmes) and get BT Sport's through broadband. Rangers TV too. I'm not paying for the rest and the dodgy boxes aren't worth the hassle, IMO.

All there subscription's are getting ridiculous.

Before I shell out for Amazon prime what minimum internet connection speed is needed for the Amazon firestick? Struggle to get 2Mb.

Before I shell out for Amazon prime what minimum internet connection speed is needed for the Amazon firestick? Struggle to get 2Mb.
If your fixed internet connection is rubbish, can you not tether to a mobile?

I get about 50Mbps with Sky broadband, but my mobile can get almost double that using 4G. I'm currently in contract to Sky but will be changing to an unlimited data SIM specifically for use as my broadband and I'll buy a 4G router of Ebay for about £50.

I tend to tether during match days because Sky block the alternative service I use during these times.

Amazon usually do a wee deal on Prime for new/returning customers, so might be worth double checking that. Bear in mind, they only have games 3rd/4th/5th/26th/27th December.

You can turn off the commentary on Amazon if you can find the settings for Audio Language there’s an option for Stadium Atmosphere.

People texting you ruining it and more importantly if you are gambling... Streams will always be behind live broadcasts, it's the same even streaming radio tbh.

End of the day if you are gambling or in play trading in a serious manner you’d never be reliant on any kind of tv/internet broadcast.

People texting you ruining it and more importantly if you are gambling... Streams will always be behind live broadcasts, it's the same even streaming radio tbh.

Put your phone on silent and what fan is constantly gambling during an old firm game?

I am used to it tbf as I watch all my TV through the internet and have had to stay away from my phone during games. Its actually better as you concentrate on the game rather than getting annoyed at the plebs in the match thread or on twitter.

Old firm games I wouldn't be looking at my phone anyway.

How was their coverage last night ? i was at the pictures so missed the games.

Put your phone on silent and what fan is constantly gambling during an old firm game?

I am used to it tbf as I watch all my TV through the internet and have had to stay away from my phone during games. Its actually better as you concentrate on the game rather than getting annoyed at the plebs in the match thread or on twitter.

know what you mean, often knock my phone off now when watching the tv whether it’s football or a comedy!

Wasn't talking about OF games specifically, I have to do the same as yourself if it is any big match I want to enjoy properly, but it is an annoyance having to do it.

End of the day if you are gambling or in play trading in a serious manner you’d never be reliant on any kind of tv/internet broadcast.

Doesn't matter if it's serious money or not mate, it's still your money.

Wasn't talking about OF games specifically, I have to do the same as yourself if it is any big match I want to enjoy properly, but it is an annoyance having to do it.

Doesn't matter if it's serious money or not mate, it's still your money.
You get the most up to date scores via betting sites anyway and not the tv/streams. There is a reason why firms have people at the matches they cover updating the score etc - drives the whole in play segment of their business.

How was their coverage last night ? i was at the pictures so missed the games.

coverage was great, and I had no problems with the picture at all, it was also great to have Peter Drury and Jim Beglin commentating on the city game, plus there was an option to only have the crowd sound if you didn’t fancy the commentary.

Didn’t watch the analysis but it’s all the same people you see on the bbc/BT like Alan Shearer and Michael Owen ( sadly not in the same room) so you’d know what you’re getting.

Slightly off topic but I liked what Simon Jordan spoke about the premier League having its own platform similar to Netflix. More affordable to the comumer.

watched it on the xbox prime app.

picture was amazing but being behind by about 10 seconds is annoying.

I already have prime so getting the football is a great wee bonus for nothing however don't think I want to rely on streaming to watch football every week

Back