Premier League Title Odds

On todays showing they have no chance. Leicester 150/1 currently top but if someone gave me a tenner I'd put it on Liverpool. Strong right through the team.

They were odds on but things change quickly, Liverpool added Thiago Alcantara and Jota and their squad looked much stronger.

I don’t think anyone will be a clear winner.

Liverpool will drop more points than last season. City badly need a striker. Jesus and Aguero just aren’t robust off to carry them.

I also think City are short at the back. Centre half and full backs.

Utd are dog shit. Chelsea will be too inconsistent. Spurs are Spurs. Arsenal never good enough to win a title.

Everton will crash and burn.

I don’t think anyone will be a clear winner.

Liverpool will drop more points than last season. City badly need a striker. Jesus and Aguero just aren’t robust off to carry them.

I also think City are short at the back. Centre half and full backs.

Utd are dog shit. Chelsea will be too inconsistent. Spurs are Spurs. Arsenal never good enough to win a title.

Everton will crash and burn.

That just leaves Leeds to win it then :):)

Bayern defending was terrible the day, they need to fix it quick as their strikers won't always bail them out as today proved.

Bookies have ratings for all teams which means one result won’t change an ante post market very much this early in the season .

I don't think we are going to see the domination that we have seen the last few seasons. Looks like every team will drop a load of points and I include Liverpool in that.

Could be another Leicester silly season - I am bookmarking this one.

Bookies have ratings for all teams which means one result won’t change an ante post market very much this early in the season .

I know that but why are City favs over a side they finished 18 points behind last season.

A side that added Jota and Thiago this season.

Liverpool were a 2/1 chance to win in a lot of bookies before this match.

Defence were still shocking, maybe it was a blip but like I said strikers couldn't bail them out this time.

I know that but why are City favs over a side they finished 18 points behind last season.

Are you new to bookmaking? The prices change based on what people are betting, not necessarily who is the better team. Otherwise they’d all be going bust.

I don't think we are going to see the domination that we have seen the last few seasons. Looks like every team will drop a load of points and I include Liverpool in that.

Could be another Leicester silly season - I am bookmarking this one.
No team is winning the premier league with 79 points again, not a hope in hell.

Are you new to bookmaking? The prices change based on what people are betting, not necessarily who is the better team. Otherwise they’d all be going bust.
Well your completely wrong , of course what people bet can effect the market but it is in know way as big a factor as the bookies ratings .

I’m not suggesting I agree with their ratings that’s just how it works .But ask yourself this , every bookie in the land has them as favs I doubt the traders are wrong tbh .

I’m not suggesting I agree with their ratings that’s just how it works .But ask yourself this , every bookie in the land has them as favs I doubt the traders are wrong tbh .

I know. I just don't understand why this is.

Is it expected goals and other metrics their using.

I'm old school. Man City have lost 10 of their last 36 league games.
Liverpool have lost 10 of their last 128.

My money on Liverpool to win the league.

I know. I just don't understand why this is.

Is it expected goals and other metrics their using.

I'm old school. Man City have lost 10 of their last 36 league games.
Liverpool have lost 10 of their last 128.

My money on Liverpool to win the league.
Sounds like a perfect bet for you then , you should only bet when you think the price is wrong !

Makes it more odd. You think their be more bets on Liverpool to win the league with their massive fan base.

I think a big factor in why they are favourites is because of the depth they have in their squad over Liverpool. Liverpool's bench sometimes doesn't look that strong compared to City's.

Makes it more odd. You think their be more bets on Liverpool to win the league with their massive fan base.
The Leicester title win showed that these markets aren’t bet on very much as punters don’t like waiting 8 months for a payout . Usually a 2000/1 winner would be ideal for bookies but it was a disaster due to all the £10 , £5 bets from Leicester fans want offset by shorter price backers . Liverpool are still like 6/4 ? So you’d still have to bet big for a decent return and most punters won’t do it over an 8 month period .

Liverpool will walk it once again for me main reason klopp and van dijk.city denfensively are poor and there is no one out there for me they can throw money at to improve there defense

Nobody has managed to retain the title since 2009. I read some theories that this is to do with doping cycles of the players.

They might not get as many points, but I still see Liverpool strolling it. City have possibly the best 11 in the league but Liverpool have a better squad and are much more balanced.

For a team of their size and ambitions, signing the likes of Ake, Torres and Diaz this season is pretty average business. They needed a world-class centre-back and a reliable left-back, and they got neither. They also lost David Silva and while Foden is a very talented young player he's still a few years away from getting near to that level.

I think Arsenal are steadily improving under Arteta and will only get better, but they are 3 or 4 players short and don't have the financial power to solve that in or or two transfer windows.

United are miles away and will continue to be so while Solskjaer is at the wheel. Chelsea will be outstanding going forward once Pulisic and Ziyech are back but like United, are in desperate need of a top centre-back. Signing Thiago Silva, who must be the same as age as Mr. Miyagi from The Karate Kid, is like trying to use paper mache as cement.

Liverpool will romp it again
Van Dijk is the only centre half in that league that can defend

Liverpool will romp it again
Van Dijk is the only centre half in that league that can defend

I accept its a rare event as he's an excellent player but against Leeds United he looked like he'd never seen a football before.

I reckon Liverpool might edge it but in no way do I expect it to be a 'romp'. Bad day for City yesterday and, as has been pointed out, they have some issues still. Tougher test for Liverpool today. Arteta seems to have, somehow, discovered a far more resilient Arsenal.

Last edited:
I accept its a rare event as he's an excellent player but against Leeds United he looked like he'd never seen a football before.

I reckon Liverpool might edge it but in no way do I expect it to be a 'romp'. Bad day for City yesterday and, as has been pointed out, they have some issues still. Tougher test for Liverpool today. Arteta seems to have, somehow, discovered a far more resilient Arsenal.
Liverpool will it by at least 15 points

Wouldn’t be surprised if Arsenal finish third, expect it if they get Aouar and Partey over the line
But they’ll still be miles away from City and Liverpool

It will be closer this year but still can’t see anyone other than Liverpool winning it

The result yesterday might just wake City up and make them go out and get the players they need.

Dias is a start. Still need a new left back and alternatives to Aguero and Fernandinho who are better than Jesus and Rodri

Liverpool will it by at least 15 points

Wouldn’t be surprised if Arsenal finish third, expect it if they get Aouar and Partey over the line
But they’ll still be miles away from City and Liverpool

As much as I love Klopp I'd rather Liverpool crashed and burned - even if it does upset Stevie G.:)

Got them at 9/4 before a ball was kicked.

Pinnacle and 365 have Liverpool clear favs now.

Liverpool fail to win tonight and City more than likely narrow favs.

Last edited:
There's no chance City will win the league if they defend like they did yesterday.

Spending 60m on a centre half from Portugal won't change that either imo.

For all the money City have spent over the last decade the amount wasted on over-hyped defenders is nothing short of scandalous. Sort out the defence and the team is immediately improved.

Can't see passed Liverpool for the title with City and Chelsea hanging on to their coat tails for as long as they can.

No team is winning the premier league with 79 points again, not a hope in hell.

I don't think it will be anyone outside the usual front runners but I also can't see the winners racking up points in the high 90's. Everyone will be blowing out their arse more than usual with the delayed end to last season and a shortened pre-season.

Money makes the price at the end of the day. Most just copy, there ain’t loads of strategic thought goes in to it all.

Can’t see beyond Liverpool again. Horrible result for city yesterday which has left them looking very vulnerable in terms of a title challenge

If Arsenal get a win at Anfield tonight prices will revert back to what they were. I doubt anyone will win it by as much as Liverpool did last season.

Back