Premier Sports now have the La Liga UK TV rights starting this weekend

rangeral

PREMIER SPORTS ADDS LALIGA TO EVER GROWING FOOTBALL COVERAGE
  • Premier Sports has secured the rights to LaLiga in the UK & Ireland
  • Spain’s LaLiga joins Premier Sports stellar line up of football coverage
  • El Clásico between Real Madrid and Barcelona back on TV on March the 2nd
  • Premier Sports to provide a special offer to new customers
Premier Sports has secured the rights to Spain’s LaLiga with coverage set to begin this weekend on UK TV. The broadcaster will air four games per round across Premier Sports 1 and 2 via Sky, Virgin and the Premier Player online.

Premier Sports will also broadcast the weekly magazine programs LaLiga World and the LaLiga Show as well as a weekly highlights show featuring all the action from every game.

This announcement follows Premier Sports’ recent acquisitions of Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisie and the Chinese Super League with at least 14 live football games expected to air across the network every weekend.

LaLiga offers the chance for UK viewers to watch the best of Spanish football again on television featuring Spanish giants FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid along with some of the best footballers in the world such as Lionel Messi, Gareth Bale, Antoine Griezmann and Luis Suárez.

Melcior Soler, Audiovisual Department Director, LaLiga said: “We are delighted to be welcoming Premier Sports to the LaLiga family. Thanks to this agreement the best league in the world can be enjoyed across multiple broadcast platforms in the UK & Ireland. We are only days away until Real Madrid CF and FC Barcelona meet in El Clásico and Premier Sports viewers will have one of the best seats in the house for the most anticipated fixture in world football.”

Richard Sweeney, CEO of Premier Sports commented, “We are delighted to be bringing coverage of LaLiga to our channels and add to our existing line-up of top football leagues from around the world. This addition makes Premier Sports a must have channel for football fans and underpins our drive to bring even more exceptional value to our customers as we continue to build our brand.”

The arrival of Spanish football adds more great content for Premier customers already enjoying every game from the PRO14 rugby, Serie A, the biggest Scottish Cup games and NHL. Premier Sports are offering new customers a welcome offer giving them the chance to subscribe to Premier Sports on the Sky or Player Platform at the reduced rate of £5.99 per month with the first month free*.

Use promo code LALIGA before 31st of March, 2019 at either www.premiersports.com or www.premierplayer.tv .Please note price reverts to £9.99 per month from August 2019.

Premier Sports is available in 16 million UK homes across Sky and Virgin TV platforms and to everyone via the Premier Player while FreeSports is in 22 million UK homes across seven different platforms.

What's happened to Eleven sports?

Still going and still have the La Liga

It seems Premier Sports have done a deal with La Liga and have not taken over the existing Eleven Sport rights yet

Eleven Sports still can show all 10 games per matchday where Premier Sports can show 4 of them

I was just looking at when my Eleven subscription renews and it's this Sunday. I nearly pulled the trigger on cancelling but they still have Copa del Rey rights and Valencia are still going strong.

I need someone to announce they're taking the rights today or tomorrow and I can save £6.

Can’t see Eleven sports lasting beyond the end of the season. Probably just lasting till then to honour yearly subscriptions and save paying out a bit in refunds.

Justifies Premier sports even more though and no doubt they will pick up the full Spanish rights for next season. Getting a bit more value now for £9.99

Deal with them as a client in work just now.

They are certainly upping their infrastructure to support a challenge to BT and SKY.

Interesting to see what else they go for

Tempted to add it onto Sky if it'll stay at £5.99.

Lost BT Sports going to Sky, would be ideal if Premier Sports somehow gained the right to show they games before Sky take over permanently from 2020.

Deal with them as a client in work just now.

They are certainly upping their infrastructure to support a challenge to BT and SKY.

Interesting to see what else they go for

Can't seem attempting to go for the EPL too costly and the reason when Setanta GB went bust 10 years, same would apply for CL and EL

it is possible to look at other sports markets as well

Can't seem attempting to go for the EPL too costly and the reason when Setanta GB went bust 10 years, same would apply for CL and EL

it is possible to look at other sports markets as well

The infrastructure is all used by similar companies (Sky;/BT) so even going bust is of no loss as they can still sell their network capacity - or hope to be bought over.

Eleven sports were the same - They will make more selling their network than even close to 5 years worth of subscriptions.

Lost BT Sports going to Sky, would be ideal if Premier Sports somehow gained the right to show they games before Sky take over

yes

They will show 1 semi-final exclusive (1st pick) and the other one is simulcast with BBC Scotland

Final simulcast with BBC Scotland

Very annoying spread of sport across the three platforms.

Would get rid of sky sports if it weren’t for the old firm games, golf majors, cricket.

Would get rid of BT of it weren’t for the CL and Rangers away games.

Will probably keep Premier Sports till the end of the season now and all.

Maybe I will just go to the pub more and become an alcoholic.

Last edited:
The infrastructure is all used by similar companies (Sky;/BT) so even going bust is of no loss as they can still sell their network capacity - or hope to be bought over.

Eleven sports were the same - They will make more selling their network than even close to 5 years worth of subscriptions.

Understand that, Premier Sports started up off the back of Setanta GB, same people

Still think they will have learn a lesson from that and will be careful in what they aim for

Understand that, Premier Sports started up off the back of Setanta GB, same people

Still think they will have learn a lesson from that and will be careful in what they aim for

Didn’t Setanta pay an absurd amount for PGA golf and 30 premier league games? Can remember they defaulted on a payment to the premier league and that was it. Just tried to grow to big to soon.

Be interesting to see what they look at next as pretty sure sky consolidated a lot of their important rights in the last year or so.

Didn’t Setanta pay an absurd amount for PGA golf and 30 premier league games? Can remember they defaulted on a payment to the premier league and that was it. Just tried to grow to big to soon.

Be interesting to see what they look at next as pretty sure sky consolidated a lot of their important rights in the last year or so.

Yes it the EPL contract that caused the collapse but they outbid Sky in 2006 for the rights to PGA Tour

Yeah in terms of the main sports Sky have tied most up I think until the middle of the next decade

EPL deal runs until 2022 as per the EPL terms for that

Lost BT Sports going to Sky, would be ideal if Premier Sports somehow gained the right to show they games before Sky take over permanently from 2020.

£5.99 until August then £9.99

Any idea what is happening with La Liga and UKTV this coming season please Rangeral?

Any idea what is happening with La Liga and UKTV this coming season please Rangeral?

I started reading the OP thinking that was the rights sorted. I've been checking every so often for this. Only news I've read is that the rights were going to be sorted for the UK in May or June. Obviously past that now but no updates. Hoping BT pick this up or at the worst, ITV4 still show a weekly game

I started reading the OP thinking that was the rights sorted. I've been checking every so often for this. Only news I've read is that the rights were going to be sorted for the UK in May or June. Obviously past that now but no updates. Hoping BT pick this up or at the worst, ITV4 still show a weekly game

Sorry, I actually only found this thread by trying to suss out who had it with the help of google.

sky or bt sport hopefully
Aye I would take that, could be a really good season.

Depends on what La Liga want

If they go for non-exclusive rights you might end up with a Pay broadcaster along with a Free-to air broadcaster again like what happened from February 2019 onwards after the breakdown the original contract

Premier Sports and ITV joining Eleven Sports to broadcast La Liga

Are Sky cutting a deal with BT for BT Sport next season?

I heard it was supposed to be announced in time for the Champions League final, but it was delayed because Sky mucked around BT over rights to Game Of Thrones - so BT pulled the plug on the sport deal in return. Gone all quiet since.

PREMIER SPORTS ADDS LALIGA TO EVER GROWING FOOTBALL COVERAGE
  • Premier Sports has secured the rights to LaLiga in the UK & Ireland
  • Spain’s LaLiga joins Premier Sports stellar line up of football coverage
  • El Clásico between Real Madrid and Barcelona back on TV on March the 2nd
  • Premier Sports to provide a special offer to new customers
Premier Sports has secured the rights to Spain’s LaLiga with coverage set to begin this weekend on UK TV. The broadcaster will air four games per round across Premier Sports 1 and 2 via Sky, Virgin and the Premier Player online.

Premier Sports will also broadcast the weekly magazine programs LaLiga World and the LaLiga Show as well as a weekly highlights show featuring all the action from every game.

This announcement follows Premier Sports’ recent acquisitions of Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisie and the Chinese Super League with at least 14 live football games expected to air across the network every weekend.

LaLiga offers the chance for UK viewers to watch the best of Spanish football again on television featuring Spanish giants FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid along with some of the best footballers in the world such as Lionel Messi, Gareth Bale, Antoine Griezmann and Luis Suárez.

Melcior Soler, Audiovisual Department Director, LaLiga said: “We are delighted to be welcoming Premier Sports to the LaLiga family. Thanks to this agreement the best league in the world can be enjoyed across multiple broadcast platforms in the UK & Ireland. We are only days away until Real Madrid CF and FC Barcelona meet in El Clásico and Premier Sports viewers will have one of the best seats in the house for the most anticipated fixture in world football.”

Richard Sweeney, CEO of Premier Sports commented, “We are delighted to be bringing coverage of LaLiga to our channels and add to our existing line-up of top football leagues from around the world. This addition makes Premier Sports a must have channel for football fans and underpins our drive to bring even more exceptional value to our customers as we continue to build our brand.”

The arrival of Spanish football adds more great content for Premier customers already enjoying every game from the PRO14 rugby, Serie A, the biggest Scottish Cup games and NHL. Premier Sports are offering new customers a welcome offer giving them the chance to subscribe to Premier Sports on the Sky or Player Platform at the reduced rate of £5.99 per month with the first month free*.

Use promo code LALIGA before 31st of March, 2019 at either www.premiersports.com or www.premierplayer.tv .Please note price reverts to £9.99 per month from August 2019.

Premier Sports is available in 16 million UK homes across Sky and Virgin TV platforms and to everyone via the Premier Player while FreeSports is in 22 million UK homes across seven different platforms.
62CUiTE.gif

I’ve probably netted them a load of new subscriptions by pulling up this thread!

Thought I had landed a promo code for Premier Sports until I checked the date of the first post. Is it £9.99 per month on Sky but can cancel before month ends. May then get a few of our games before BT start showing. Any advice?

F*** multiple subscriptions to watch football, far too many channels splitting the coverage now just increasing the cost for customers. I just cancelled BT and will stick to Sky only for now. When that contract’s up I’ll probably cancel that too.

F*** multiple subscriptions to watch football, far too many channels splitting the coverage now just increasing the cost for customers. I just cancelled BT and will stick to Sky only for now. When that contract’s up I’ll probably cancel that too.
I’m the same mate, just have SKY as they have more of what I want.

I decided to go down the IPTV route for the rest, not perfect but pretty decent.

Not good news for fans of La Liga

Not Even Messi Can Attract U.K. Buyers for La Liga Rights

Spain’s premier soccer league has failed to find a home for its U.K. and Ireland broadcasting rights, less than a month before the season kicks off.

La Liga, which plays host to some of the world’s top players including Lionel Messi and Eden Hazard, issued a note on Tuesday to interested parties withdrawing its invitation to tender offers. Broadcasters had been invited to bid for the U.K. and Ireland rights earlier this month, with offers due by July 25.

“After assessing all bids and required additional documentation from participating bidders, La Liga has declared the tender null and void because no satisfactory bids were received,” Joris Evers, head of communications for the league, said in a written response to a question. “La Liga thanks all participants in the tender for their interest and shall inform soon about next steps.”

The Spanish soccer season is set to begin on Aug. 16, with reigning champions Barcelona taking on Athletic Bilbao.

La Liga rights for the region used to be held by Sky Sports before Eleven Sports secured a three-year deal in 2018. The online streaming service had to renegotiate its agreement with the Spanish league after failing to get enough subscribers last December.

ITV Plc subsequently gained limited rights to broadcast games on free-to-air television from February, with pay-TV channel Premier Sports also showing four games every match-week.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...without-u-k-broadcaster-as-season-start-looms

Back