Press Conference Gio and Fashion - Hibs 1st Dec

Wonder if Jermaine has been asked to forego coaching and stick to playing for the rest of the season.
Sounded to me like he's no longer part of the coaching team, but maybe Gio made it sound like that as he's answering questions in a second language.

For now, he is a player is more or less what he said.

Sounded to me like he's no longer part of the coaching team, but maybe Gio made it sound like that as he's answering questions in a second language.

For now, he is a player is more or less what he said.

Dutch speak better English than us most of the time! Also took it as a pretty clear message that he is now a player only.

Feels like everything has hit reset and we have so many different reasons to feel positive now.

Not an easy job to come in and get those two results and pick everyone up from rock bottom

Why are some of these pressers still happening virtually?

Not that it is in any way important to anything happening with us at the moment...but I'm interested.

I want Defoe playing more often than not this season. They guy's a thoroughbred, and is still lightning quick even at his age. His eye for goal is about the best I've seen in years.

I want Defoe playing more often than not this season. They guy's a thoroughbred, and is still lightning quick even at his age. His eye for goal is about the best I've seen in years.

Defoe was on the pitch for a couple of minutes and still got a shot on target!!

Fashion Jnr has to be the most likeable guy in football, never stops smiling.
The paedos will have you believe that Furuhashi is, but the difference between the two is that Sakala is an honest professional footballer who loves the game and Furuhashi is a serial diving cheater who regularly tries to get fellow professionals sent off every week.

Defoe was on the ptich for a couple of minutes and still got a shot on target!!
Defoe's contribution after months of no football and just a couple minutes on a poor pitch was really encouraging. He created that opportunity for his shot at the top end of the Livi half and as you said got a shot away. He'll score bucket loads with two wingers playing wide and Aribo at the top of the midfield.

Defoe's contribution after months of no football and just a couple minutes on a poor pitch was really encouraging. He created that opportunity for his shot at the top end of the Livi half and as you said got a shot away. He'll score bucket loads with two wingers playing wide and Aribo at the top of the midfield.

What exactly were we trying to do with him?

He was always going to be good for a goal this year

His goal (the fourth) against Celtic last season was him in a nutshell. Turned the fullback inside out and almost passed it, threaded it really, into the net. Sublime.

What exactly were we trying to do with him?

He was always going to be good for a goal this year
One poster last week posted a rumour about some sort of disagreement with the previous coaching staff and Defoe & Roofe. Always take these things with a pinch of salt but something was definitely amiss with Defoe sitting in a Sky studio in London while we were playing Motherwell.

For me there's a simple way of measuring whether a player like Defoe should be involved with us, and that's by answering the question "would Defoe be starting every game for every other league team other than the paedos?" And the answer is yes. Put him in the Hearts team for example and he nets 20 league goals easily. The league is our bread and butter and it's a simple fact that Defoe scores bucketloads against all of them.

His goal (the fourth) against Celtic last season was him in a nutshell. Turned the fullback inside out and almost passed it, threaded it really, into the net. Sublime.
That was Welsh he turned inside out, and he's been their starting centre back for their last three or four games. Says it all really. And Gerrard had him putting cones out in training while we were scraping wins by one goal earlier this season.

Why are some of these pressers still happening virtually?

Not that it is in any way important to anything happening with us at the moment...but I'm interested.

I’d be very, very surprised if Rangers (or Celtic) ever return to in-person pressers. They don’t want people nosing around their Training Centres.

I think the explanation of Patterson and Tav both playing makes perfect sense. A lot of folk have been thinking of the attacking power it gives, but the other side of it is that it provides extra defensive ability down that side of that pitch.

Instead of using it to chase games, it's better for closing them down. I think that's a pretty astute and encouraging tactical spot by Gio having just come in.

Re Gio's presser, he doesn't smile a lot but, suddenly when asked about Fashion Jnr, a big smile came across his face, absolutely beautiful AS was Fashion's presser what a guy and what a player. B-DB-D

Fashion Jr comes across as such a likeable and humble chap. Us westerners could learn a thing or two about the African approach to life - his positivity is uplifting.

Back