Press conference

Yip, I have been searching all the usual places for the video but no luck.

Just a wee bit of text on Rangers Twitter

Rangers are not going to "hold on and suffer" for a draw in Braga in their quest for a Europa League last 16 spot, says manager Steven Gerrard.

The Ibrox club take a 3-2 lead into Wednesday's second leg in Portugal, knowing a draw would be enough to secure progression.

However, Gerrard has dismissed any suggestion his side will try and sit tight.

"We want to come here and carry a threat," he said.

"If we've got the right game-plan and we carry it out to the best of our ability, then we can cause problems or create chances.

"Then, it is obviously over to individual players to go and execute."

Gerrard will know his side need to avoid the start they made at Ibrox when they take to the field on Wednesday if they are to keep their European run going.

Their Portuguese opponents were in firm control in Glasgow with a deserved 2-0 lead, only for an incredible Rangers comeback to turn the tie on its head.

And while late goals from Ianis Hagi and Joe Aribo mean the Scottish Premiership side hold a slight upper hand in Braga, Gerrard was blunt about the challenge that awaits his players.

"I don't think my opinion on who is favourites tomorrow is very important," he said. "What we know is we have a very difficult 90 minutes ahead - a real, big challenge.

"We have a small advantage going into the game, but in no way do we think we are favourites and in no way do we feel we have any reason to be over-confident.

"We are playing against a fantastic team who are in real, strong form. Again they won at the weekend, so we need to be ready and we need to try and play as close to our best as we can."

Driving home back of 6 and Clyde 1 said SG has just finished press conference and would details coming up

pU6I8QR.gif

Everything has been low key, normally Rangers Instagram page is full of pics of us at the airport etc.

Apparently the bullying has now spread to the RTV team. They were hoping to have released the clip by now but Goldson, backed by a few of the other players that can do no wrong in the managers eyes told them that the conference video is not going up tonight.

Apparently the bullying has now spread to the RTV team. They were hoping to have released the clip by now but Goldson, backed by a few of the other players that can do no wrong in the managers eyes told them that the conference video is not going up tonight.
I think I raised a smile more watching Philadelphia, yes my friend you are as funny as AIDS. Enjoy the watching Egg Heads while the rest of us embrace another fantastic European experience whatever the result

If you listen closely right at the very end as Gerrard gets up and leaves some female in a Portuguese accent says “ that’s very rude for him to walk out there “ as the translator is still doing his last wee bit

Would like to hear the Braga managers interview translated into English, he and McGregor didn't look comfortable doing that interview.

Jeezo people really are over analysing things too much. McGregor isn't the most pleasant guy at the best of times, he hates press conferences so can fully understand why, on the back of the results, he isn't giving it big smiles and laughs.

The gaffer also isn't a fan of them but they are a contractual obligation. How do you want him to look while sitting waiting on a translator doing his job? If both were sitting all smiles the pitch forks would be getting sharpened at the cheek of them doing so on the back of this poor run of form.

I really think the players can't win with our supporters. Look raging with how things are obviously means there's something wrong...look happy obviously means they don't care about recent results.

Is that McGregors 1st press conference since he came back? Was hoping for a bit more of his psycho stare when the Scottish press asked the questions

Love how Gerrard tells McGregor to move closer to the mic and he immediately obeys. Little thing that shows the respect Gerrard has... at least from shagger.

Wouldn't read too much into that. With all the translation that was going on it was stop start. No wonder they looked fed up with it all.

Is that McGregors 1st press conference since he came back? Was hoping for a bit more of his psycho stare when the Scottish press asked the questions

Did you see his stare when readjusting the microphone.

He’s brutal at these. :D Lucky he’s a big handsome bastard, because I can only imagine his patter being shite.

The Portuguese press asking actual questions about football and strategy.

Million miles away from the duds like Sheela McLaren show-horning the scum into every press conference.

Wish it would catch on.

Back