Press making up transfer fees

The Gooner

I’ve seen our new signing reported as £4.5 Million and £3Million. Meanwhile the filth are going to get a fee of between £15Million or £25Million depending on who you believe. These are just recent examples of the crazy variations on fees reported. Do the press just make them up or are the true fees just never reported properly anymore.

No one talks to them so they just take wild swings.

Where incoming fees to Celtic are concerned, there are place men who are asked to constantly peddle the ‘if X player is worth £50m, then Celtic guy is worth more’ nonsense.

No fluke that there has never been an article to the same end about Morelos, Tav etc.

If they make out that we're signing players for over inflated fees, it makes us look like we have money to spend. If they make out that we're paying buttons for players and they come good, it makes us look like we have a good scouting system and are shrewd. They can print whatever fees they like, I still won't buy their pishy rags.

Very few clubs actually declare the money spent on a player - it's all speculation from the media and should be ignored.

Remember Arveladze was reported at £850k rather than £8.5m or something.

Mostly its just speculation & they seem to get it within the region of the actual fee but then clearly sometimes it is completely wrong

Actually the mHedia are doing them more harm than good by reporting the Tierney fee at £25m. Imagine being chairman of a club when that lot come calling for a player.

A £2m rated player will suddenly become a 3/4 million player for them as clubs will see what they've supposedly taken in and know they will be desperate to appease the angry hordes after Tierney's sale.

I expect a few utter panic buys over the next 10 days with the backlash Lawwell will get over this.

No one really knows the fees paid and received they are just guessing.
One of the best examples is Donatti who was a £6m capture then he was not as good as the media thought the fee dropped to about £1.5m. Basically they are mentally challenged cocksuckers in the main who fluff up their buys and sales.

I don't believe they make it up. That isn't to say the figures aren't made up but these are the numbers they're told to print by Celtic.

Most of the fees is pure hear say and speculation but their placemen constantly talk up their signings and sales while putting a downer on ours

Rangers buy a player his transfer fee is roughly known and stated. As is the case with most teams.

Celtic buy a player you get some press who do the same as the rangers players bought but Celtic placemen in the press will add on every component of the deal to report “Celtic get £xm man”. If said player is a turkey then The fee will over time reduce in the press to the actual value. As stated above. See donatti.

Another good example. Ki was sold to Swansea the same day Seansea signed some lad from another team down south. Celtic and Scottish press claimed Celtic got £8m or something daft. Swansea meanwhile released an official statement saying the other player they signed that day was for a club record fee of £7m. Proper LOL!

Rangers buy a player his transfer fee is roughly known and stated. As is the case with most teams.

Celtic buy a player you get some press who do the same as the rangers players bought but Celtic placemen in the press will add on every component of the deal to report “Celtic get £xm man”. If said player is a turkey then The fee will over time reduce in the press to the actual value. As stated above. See donatti.

Another good example. Ki was sold to Swansea the same day Seansea signed some lad from another team down south. Celtic and Scottish press claimed Celtic got £8m or something daft. Swansea meanwhile released an official statement saying the other player they signed that day was for a club record fee of £7m. Proper LOL!
Yeah they say Celtc paid £7 mill for Julien? In a way they might have but that was probably with add ons taking in his wages ect,if they paid £7 mill plus his salary it would probably take it up to £12 mill,Celtc didn't pay that kind of money I'm a 100% certain?...But it keeps the gullible hordes happy

Yeah they say Celtc paid £7 mill for Julien? In a way they might have but that was probably with add ons taking in his wages ect,if they paid £7 mill plus his salary it would probably take it up to £12 mill,Celtc didn't pay that kind of money I'm a 100% certain?...But it keeps the gullible hordes happy
The old FF "Fee plus wages" myth.

I’m not sure constantly reporting inflated prices for the Bheggars selling players is doing lawell any favours as it just gives his morons ammunition to accuse him of not spending enough

Tom English has been working on the sale of Tierney for a few years now.

It’s the same record they play each time.

It’s not just in Scotland to be fair. The English media constantly inflate transfer fees too when it suits them. Every player that’s signed by a big team is always reported as a lot more than it actually is, while any flops will be sold for much less than they actually go for. Just a case of making up numbers to fit a story

They are trying to drive down the price of any Rangers player to help their team and their job prospects.

Never heard this anywhere before,where did this come from, weird

Someone said it once, people went with it, it's now the truth.

Apparently when they are reported as having paid £Xm for a player that is the total of his fee, his agents fee and all of his wages for the duration of his contract.

You get to see what’s been spent in each club’s accounts.
Not individually but you see the totals.
Not at the time of sale you don't though. Press are claiming to know transfer fees up front and even before deals are going ahead. I doubt very much the clubs are furnishing them with that info.

Not at the time of sale you don't though. Press are claiming to know transfer fees up front and even before deals are going ahead. I doubt very much the clubs are furnishing them with that info.

They may be if it suits their purposes, the problem is there's really no way of knowing where the figure came from or how reliable it is.

I don't know why people get so fused about it though. The important thing is how well the player plays and whether he enhances the team, not how much his original fee was.

Sometimes wages are included, or total if all clauses are met. id think its 15milliin rising to 25 if arsenal win the champs league etc.

got to laugh the press peddle that sellic are getting £25 mill for an injured player but forget that sellic dumped turnbull for an easily fixable tear on his knee

In what kind of world is a two bob left back,who's hardly played this year and is currently unfit for action worth more than a 23yo CF who has just come off a 30 goal season?

It makes no sense whatsoever unless you factor in an agenda driven media.

So, yesterday Lennon is saying that Methadone Mick won’t play for a month, has a pelvic bone problem and suddenly today Arsenal up their offer by £10m?

What a load of pish!

I never really got this media fee paranoia stuff-as if an inflated asking fee in the Daily Record is going to make a club pay more-it's a nonsense.

Similarly whilst I don't doubt clubs try to manipulate the fees in terms of PR it's a double edged sword you inflate you paid big bucks and it goes wrong it backfires.

FF is of course a Rangers forum so Celtic players are never any good and the fees are inflated-you will read Morelos is better than Dembele-Tav better than Tierney etc etc....it is what it is....

In the modern day it's hard to tell-you will see a lot of debate on here about Grezda and people saying the 2.5M was overstated-that's because it's went wrong.

The transfer market is the market-the media really doesn't matter especially here in Scotland where we are really nowhere in European terms.

I never really got this media fee paranoia stuff-as if an inflated asking fee in the Daily Record is going to make a club pay more-it's a nonsense.

Similarly whilst I don't doubt clubs try to manipulate the fees in terms of PR it's a double edged sword you inflate you paid big bucks and it goes wrong it backfires.

FF is of course a Rangers forum so Celtic players are never any good and the fees are inflated-you will read Morelos is better than Dembele-Tav better than Tierney etc etc....it is what it is....

In the modern day it's hard to tell-you will see a lot of debate on here about Grezda and people saying the 2.5M was overstated-that's because it's went wrong.

The transfer market is the market-the media really doesn't matter especially here in Scotland where we are really nowhere in European terms.

I agree, I don't know where the notion came from that tabloid newspapers in Scotland can influence what clubs elsewhere in the Worlds are willing to pay for players but it seems to be an accepted fact for a lot of people.

Yes, I see where you’re coming from.
I think we all know that the next time a sports “journalist” tells the truth will be the first time.

No, Stevie G rubbished the£2.5m report on Grezda.

I’ve seen our new signing reported as £4.5 Million and £3Million. Meanwhile the filth are going to get a fee of between £15Million or £25Million depending on who you believe. These are just recent examples of the crazy variations on fees reported. Do the press just make them up or are the true fees just never reported properly anymore.
our true fees will be reduced by the media and the scum will have 25 million like today and two things will happen, firstly they will tell the hordes when it doesnt happen they still have a 25 million player and if it does it will for an undisclosed fee with add ons.

Back