Presser from yesterday

Thanks for posting. Clearly frustrated by the players, doesn't know if they are behind him and bemused by the nature and refereeing of Scottish football. He's far to open for his own good.

I honestly expected a lot worse reading comments here last night. I cannot disagree with a lot of what he said. Should it have been in said in that forum? Debatable...but something HAD to be said for our sake.
As for the players they f@cked up let them sort it.
The 4 pillars section is expressing concern about where Scottish Football is and questioning the direction thuggery like Sunday would take it. I for one care predominantly about Rangers but I am one of the minority who still give a toss about the national game as a whole.
I want Pedro to succeed and I hope he does but his revolution may run out of time.
My other question is wtf is our Director of Football doing? I wouldn’t recognise him in the street but surely he should be stepping up to the plate here and shouldering a bit of the PR workloadin troubled times. After all English is his first language and less room for confusion over subtleties

The minute a manager starts throwing his players under a bus it's effectively game over.

Bare in mind he bought a lot of these players so it's ultimately going to be him that gets the dunt.

I guess we can expect to see Mourinho get the bump after his comments post-match on Saturday as well then?

Everything Caixinha said was on the button. I don't think he says or does anything controversial - though I think a few days reflection and then putting his points across a bit more calmly may have seen it analysed in a different way.

Truth is people are judging the presser based on their views on Caixinha's future - not on the content. I guess that's inevitable. Throw in the 'black or white' nature of debate on here and you simply have an entrenching of two camps using the video to support their respective points of view.

The minute a manager starts throwing his players under a bus it's effectively game over.

Bare in mind he bought a lot of these players so it's ultimately going to be him that gets the dunt.

Except he didn't throw his players under the bus, did he?

He simply repeated the words he had already said to their faces, while also assuming responsibility as manager and taking his own blame for his approach to the pre-match build-up.

You are falling into a poet narrative trap, either by choice or naivety.

3 EPL managers did a hell of a lot worse - they threw them under then reversed over again.

PC stated that the players have embarrassed people INCLUDING the fans. Absolutely dead on.

Repeats my post on another thread:

Very surprised at the vitriol it has drawn. He is absolutely spot on with everything he said (Scottish football should actually sit up and take notice).

Pedro taking full responsibility and calling the players out to take their own responsibility and giving them the chance to put it right was bang on in the manner he relayed it. He quite clearly did not 'slaughter' them.

We pay far too much attention to what the mhedia haters have to say about Pedro (in the case of the racial stereotyping one that is to get to King) as it is always their negative interpretation. It is perfectly valid to think Pedro's time is up but let us not lie down with the dogs.

And whilst it is not an excuse for the performance and result you cannot argue about his comments on refereeing standards in this country:

"Motherwell will play the Final against Celtic at the end of November. They will play the same way and I wish them all the very best. But I know they won’t finish the game with 11 players."

"They are physical and know how to play. But physical is one thing, aggression is another. Do you think in a normal game of football they would finish with 11 men? There were three teams on the pitch: Rangers, Motherwell and another one who is in charge of the game."

Personally, I thought it was a good press conference.

Struggling to see which parts supporters disagree with in that.

Pedros problem is he is too honest.

The whole throwing them under a bus patter is just shite. Doing that would consist of him not saying it to the players and only to the media.

Im not happy with a lot of Pedros decisions, but yes, the players on Sunday embarrassed him, us and themselves. I seen more fight on the touchline than I did on the park.

If things continue as they are, and we loose important games then i have no issue with him being sacked. But I will also take into consideration the shocking standard of refereeing. Thats 2 stand out games we have been majorly shafted. Thats not Pedros doing. For something to be done about the refs the MD should be coming out and saying something. Ask yourself, had the ref done his job in these 2 games, would we be having this discussion now ?

Agree with his comments about the players, an embarrassment. Wednesday could/might/ but hopefully NOT be his last game as our manager. Massive pressure on him but I wish him well as we all do with our managers of Glasgow Rangers.

Thanks for posting.

Disappointed the club haven't posted this press conference on Youtube as I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

Pedro has said absolutely nothing wrong here. I also agree with his point that the changes which we all know need to be made cannot be done in one transfer window.

He still has my full backing.

Saying that tomorrow is must win.

IF(I know ifs buts & maybes) if Josh Windass takes one of his decent chances before they score we are all having a different conversation.
It is all fine lines & margins unfortunately Sunday we fell on the wrong side of the lines.
Also if we take our chances the thugs & ref don't have any influence on the outcome of the result!

Whether it gets the reaction we want or not we don’t know, however I much prefer him throwing a rocket up their arse after that result rather than a MW type of nicey nicey and we move on and will learn from it

I like the guy, he is spot on with what he says about the players character, up until half time on Saturday I thought we had the game under control, I'm fecked if I know what happened in the second half.
I really hope Pedro gets the chance to build his team, if his team has the same attitude and passion as him, we'll be ok. I just worry that all these supporters who forget where we've been for the past 5 years will chase him out.

We really have to see a huge improvement from now on. No more 2nd chances from now on.
One question though - wtf are we giving this pack of vultures a presser the day after getting knocked out the semi - final for ?
Only gives them more ammunition for their bile filled news columns.
Fcuk them.

Except he didn't throw his players under the bus, did he?

He simply repeated the words he had already said to their faces, while also assuming responsibility as manager and taking his own blame for his approach to the pre-match build-up.

You are falling into a poet narrative trap, either by choice or naivety.
The results under this manager says enough for me. He's a dud let's be honest.

By all means judge him on results. I have similar views on his results.

What I won't do is use that as a reason to actively vilify the guy wrongly based on a perfectly sensible Press Conference, nor will I choose to misrepresent what he says to make him look incompetent or daft when he is raising perfectly valid points.

The minute you say it in public you are throwing them under a bus. Dress it up any way you want but that's the reality.
It also completely contradicts his mantra from a fortnight ago that " what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas".
The guy is on his last legs and he knows it.

The minute you say it in public you are throwing them under a bus. Dress it up any way you want but that's the reality.
It also completely contradicts his mantra from a fortnight ago that " what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas".
The guy is on his last legs and he knows it.

No, by definition that is flat out wrong.

Throwing under the bus insinuates doing it for selfish reasons and to deflect responsibility from oneself.

The very fact that throughout Pedro's PC he repeatedly accepts his responsibilities and refutes any suggestion he should not be judged or held accountable in his time here - he in fact states the exact opposite - disproves any attempt to call it throwing them under the bus.

The sound quality isn't as good as normal in these press conference videos. Maybe that's why it was only posted today, they were trying to fix the audio yesterday.

A mate of mine knows a coach at Rangers for one of the youth teams.

Through him, he was told the Media team felt it was a press conference they couldn't release due to what was said.

If that's true - and the evidence we have would suggest it - it's an act of cowardice by the club.

Through him, he was told the Media team felt it was a press conference they couldn't release due to what was said.

If that's true - and the evidence we have would suggest it - it's an act of cowardice by the club.

Our club are shitebags - Want him out or not Pedro says it how it is and isn't scared to ruffle the c*unts up in the media or opposing teams. Wish the rest would follow suit

as stated before , nothing wrong with that at all .

people on here have been crying out for years for someone from the club to stand up and say what we all think .

poor performances from players who are an embarrassment to the jersey . shite officials . scotland , as a whole , a backward nation in the footballing world .

he comes out and says those things and people call it a car crash interview .

After watching it I felt that perhaps some of the sponsors of the club (and maybe those we might be trying to attract) wouldn't enjoy him pointing out how the 'product' that's Scottish football is corrupt and bankrupt and therefore less than an attractive proposition to be associated with.

Also, I believe Pedro has his flaws and needs to dramatically and consistently improve things or he's gone, but he neither said anything wrong or behaved in an untoward manner during that press conference. Of course, there are those who have their own agenda, who wallow in the ignorance offered via confirmation bias, or are simply cluster B hipster special hunks who desperately need to take issue with anything he says because they're different.

Finally, we're all supporters here, all disappointed and wanting things to improve. Let's not lose sight of that. These heavily polarised threads stifle debate and achieve nothing.

I don’t disagree with anything Pedro said in that interview.

He is as frustrated as any of us. It just so happens that he has the responsibility of sitting in front of the press. The journalists have to justify their existence by blowing it out of proportion to fill column inches.

My own take on matters would’ve been very similar, but with more expletives!

Thanks for posting. Clearly frustrated by the players, doesn't know if they are behind him and bemused by the nature and refereeing of Scottish football. He's far to open for his own good.
If he was the manager of the filth the media would be on his side and call for an inquiry with all and sundry crawling out the woodwork for comments, thats the difference here.

I don’t disagree with anything Pedro said in that interview.

He is as frustrated as any of us. It just so happens that he has the responsibility of sitting in front of the press. The journalists have to justify their existence by blowing it out of proportion to fill column inches.

My own take on matters would’ve been very similar, but with more expletives!

I wish I had even half his patience and poise!

Reactions: CAL
Brilliant stuff from Pedro, glad he drew on the fact that there were 36,000 supporters there and for them not to show up is shocking,if anything,surely a backing like that would will you to win. The guy has had one window he needs 2 or 3 more to get the team to where it should be,he hasn't even started yet and I think he should be given that.

Thought that was a good ,honest, appraisal of our current situation.
Nothing he said there could be taken for anything other than a guy saying how he sees it and the problems in Scottish football as a whole...' Welcome to Scottish' football quote is exactly what he is on about.
I think we will see a positive approach to tomorrow's game by the players. He has not thrown them under the bus imho, he's been honest and is no way looking for an out..as a manager needing the dentist always does.

A win for us against Kilmarnock and no matter the result ( as points will be dropped) in sheepsville, then the league will look better for us.

I'm also expecting Kilmarnock to be yet another team to attempt to boot us off the park...

End of the day,The Manager and his staff, The Playing squad and the support all have a part to play in our ambition of returning to The Rangers we all know..

We Are Rangers - Each and every one of us!

Yes but it wasn't just the results we had folk peeing their pants about last night. It was this presser. He was ranting, he was an embarrassment. Neither of which is true and posted by folk who hadn't even seen the video. Just following on from the poster before. PC is done IMO, but why we need to embellish it and revel in it makes me think some on this board are either mischief makers or have their own agenda. That video doesn't deserve some of the shite posted here last night. People need to make up their own mind as to why it was.

That was a fantastic watch.

He got his point across well regarding the way Motherwell played, and how it was lauded by the press by asking four very simple questions, with four very depressing answers from the press. As long as their style of play is held up as the "Scottish way" we will never progress as a nation, both on and off the field.

We really have to see a huge improvement from now on. No more 2nd chances from now on.
One question though - wtf are we giving this pack of vultures a presser the day after getting knocked out the semi - final for ?
Only gives them more ammunition for their bile filled news columns.
Fcuk them.
It is for the Killie game, normally 2 days before any match, they have a presser.

That was a fantastic watch.

He got his point across well regarding the way Motherwell played, and how it was lauded by the press by asking four very simple questions, with four very depressing answers from the press. As long as their style of play is held up as the "Scottish way" we will never progress as a nation, both on and off the field.

Correct, he has them completely sussed.

They are happy for the game to be in the toilet so long as Celtc are the biggest jobby.

If Pedro is right then he is some kind of visionary - at least as far as Scottish Football is concerned. Perhaps he is. Perhaps he will be proved right in the long run. If he is then I hope he gets the time he needs. If he isn’t then it’s time to say goodbye mr chips. The problem is how can we know? On the balance of probabilities which seems more likely? It would seem more likely that he will not get vindication. But visionaries are the ones that defy the odds. I hope he is right.

Back